Official 2023 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My streaming is now really sub-par. :unsure:

2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    It was so funny to watch this whole action "it's your ball" comming from lack of communication between Shimizu and Koga :ROFLMAO:

lukephan, Ponde_Ringu and Stayfou repped this.
  3. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Playing against Brazil in Brazil is a good thing. I am just not sure playing against Brazil in Brazil in the middle of the day serves any real purpose other than to knock the ball about.

Stayfou repped this.
  4. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure leading the match in this manner is a good thing… Probably Ikeda thinks his new system is working Despite leading by two goals because of poor Brazilian defence, the football is terrible. So frantic and the midfield is non existent.

It’s like Takakura’s reign when she started messing around good things she already had.

blissett and Stayfou repped this.
  5. Stayfou

Stayfou Member

Olympique Marseille
    Jul 9, 2019
    I still don't get why he changed things that were working. Surely it can't just be one defeat against Sweden? A few players even said it was their best game at the WC, even if we can disagree with that statement, so it shouldn't have been that traumatic...

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We can just hope that he planned to use these two friendly matches vs Brazil to try a new system as some sort of "plan B" to have at ready as a back-up to the "plan A" he showcased at the World Cup, but he wants to anyway mostly stick to the plan A for the forseeable future, including the Olympic qualifier vs North Korea. :unsure:

Stayfou repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, here we should have really scored another, at 49'! :eek:

8. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    That chance from Naomoto was probably the first time Japan actually broke them down this game. Though I know Brazil are not known for their defensive solidity and I don’t know what Brazil’s backline was doing.

9. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Frankly they played better in the first match- simply because they had more better players. This system is still not working.

Like Nagano, Hayashi is not the right personnel in this role. When I watch her in West Ham shirt, she’s the most uninspiring player attacking wise, also she cannot press. Absolutely unsuitable for this role.

If Ikeda still thinks Kumagai playing the midfield is the answer for Nadeshiko going to the next level, well good luck to him.

KAPIJXM, lukephan, Miora and 2 others repped this.
  10. Stayfou

Stayfou Member

Olympique Marseille
    Jul 9, 2019
    I already complained about Miura not being called to the NT, but if Ikeda wants to stick to this system, it becomes even more annoying. She would be a much better option than Nagano or Hayashi as an 8 alongside Hasegawa.

blissett and hirohiro repped this.
  11. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    But this Brazilian tour is not the first time, he tried this new system. He had used this already after the World Cup at least a couple of times. And they were much weaker opponents and still didn’t work performance wise. Not sure how many samples he needs.

12. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I think he is looking to make the middle three (today it is Sugita, Kumagai. Hayashi) play much closer together when Nadeshiko have the ball. Against Sweden there was too much space. It does mean that Tanaka is left a lot more isolated and that Nadeshiko are not moving the ball as quickly.

But it is very hot and I imagine Paris will be hot in summer, so maybe he thinks this is a way to play to combat the heat. I am just speculating here. I quite liked the old formation.

I am not sure Endo is a good choice at left-back either. I really do not have a problem with her playing further up the pitch. I think Sugita has played well in midfield while Kumagai on the other hand....

lukephan, unepommekun, blissett and 3 others repped this.
  13. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Very true, but the rest of the West Ham midfield is even worse. Relegation a real threat for them imo.

14. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I always wondered what happened to her…
    I’d rather have players who are tenacious, lots of work rate, and skill to win the ball in the midfield rather than lanky centre back who can’t pass (this is not criticism to Saki but to Ikeda).

lukephan, blissett and Stayfou repped this.
  15. Stayfou

Stayfou Member

Olympique Marseille
    Jul 9, 2019
    I get that he wants a more dense midfield, but it supposes to allow us to have more control over the game. Instead, it's having the opposite effect. Even against weaker opponents like Vietnam during the Olympic qualifiers, they were moments when we seemed to lose control. I think the Sweden game was more about players choice than the system.

Edit
    Ishikawa in, Sugita off. Back to 3-4-3?

hirohiro, blissett and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  16. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So after the substitution, it looks like the are playing with three backs. Hadegawa and Kumagai as a double pivot.

blissett, Stayfou and frideswide repped this.
  17. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Not that I support Ikeda’s choice to change things up. But the system he employed at the WC only started “working” during the SBC about 4-5 months before the actual tournament. In this case the problem seems to be his reluctance to call in players that actually fit his vision.

18. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Miyazawa subbed off seconds after coming on Nagano on.

19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Miyazawa rolled her ankle, just to be safe it's better to take her off.

Kumagai finds herself in good positions in midfield but her reactions are too slow to make the difference.

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm really tired of Shimizu being used there. No idea what's she's supposed to offer, but pretty clear what she can't do anymore there (i.e. overlapping and crossing)
    Also Koga shouldn't have started, let her breathing and get slowly into the NT.

21. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Shimizu needs to play at a better club so she isn’t constantly defending week after week. Her qualities in attack were more evident when she played for Beleza.

unepommekun, Stayfou and frideswide repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Water break. How many degrees there are currently in Brazil? It's summer time there, isn't it?

23. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    It was 29C at kick-off, not sure now.

blissett repped this.
  24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    ~ +30 C ... that's 41 degrees more than is currently behind my window :p

[​IMG]

KAPIJXM, Stayfou, frideswide and 2 others repped this.
  25. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Japan have had 0 shots in the second half right?