Official 2023 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    When you need your last PK-taker in a penalty shootout, choose a Japanese. ;)

Mana Mihashi scored the winning PK in a penalty shootout after the Coppa Italia's Inter-Sampdoria match had ended on a 3-4 score (2-3 for Inter in the 1st leg); Inter consequently advanced to the semi-finals of the competition, to be played vs Juventus at the beginning of March. :ninja:

Roma equally advanced to the semi-finals, vs Milan, but their task was much easier: they had already beaten Pomigliano by 1-8 in the 1st leg and today they won again by 2-0. Despite the coach resting many starters, Moeka Minami also played the full match.

Highlights:

3. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Mina Tanaka is more focused on becoming a barista :coffee:, as mentioned earlier...
    ;)

blissett and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  4. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Does anybody know what has happened to Yanase? I follow her on Insta and it does not look like she is recovering from a serious injury.

If we are going to talk about potential holding midfielders who will never be chosen for Nadeshiko then here are a few:

Hanae Shibata (Urawa) - I mean she is class and I think she should be in the national team, but I have given up on her ever playing for Nadeshiko again.

Miki Itou (INAC) - She can play as a midfielder and a holding midfielder. But I think she is like Shibata and is considered not strong enough to play internationally.

Ai Ogawa (Hiroshima) - She is having a good season, but she probably is not good enough for Nadeshiko and again quite small.

Moe Kimotsuki (Nagano) - I have not watched a lot of her, but when I watch her play she has been very good and works really hard off the ball.

There is also Rin Sumida. If Yanase ever plays again I hope she gets a chance to play for Nadeshiko.

Miora, blissett, Ponde_Ringu and 2 others repped this.
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  6. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Beleza's defence is not exactly strong, so they could do with a solid defender like Kizaki. But Kizaki usually plays on the left where Miyagawa already plays for Beleza, so I am not sure they need to strengthen there. Unless of course they want to Kizaki to play on the right.

Although Kizaki has played well this season for Regina I am not sure they will miss her, because they have a lot of players who could fill her place.

7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Maika Hamano with an assist today (2nd goal) in Hammarby's 5-0 win vs. HJK Helsinki (Finland)

Top notch weighted pass to Janogy cutting thru 2 lines.

KAPIJXM, datschge and unepommekun repped this.
  8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #259 Lechus7, Feb 10, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    Canada WNT is on strike and will not participate in SBC if an agreement with their FA isn't made before the start of SBC.

[​IMG]

https://prosoccerwire.usatoday.com/2023/02/10/canada-soccer-womens-team-strike/

US Soccer may call on a team that already withdrew from Turkish Cup (ie. Venezuela) to replace Canada (quite hard to make it happen on very short notice), or make SBC a three teams touney, or decide that USWNT will play both Brazil and Japan twice.

KAPIJXM, Elstree, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Today it was impossible for both Japanese players in Serie A Femminile to win their game, because... they were playing against each other! :p

It was anyway a good entertaining game, that both Moeka Minami and Mana Mihashi played for the full 90'+6' minutes. Roma emerged the winner by 3-2. Mana Mihashi lost track of Andressa Alves in the action of Roma's second goal, but on the other hand she assisted Marta Pandini with a good cross for Inter's second goal.

See highlights :coffee::

KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu, Elstree and 3 others repped this.
  10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yuka Momiki scored today (goal at 90+1 min) for Linkoping in friendly match with Djurgardens. Game finished with a tie 2-2. Saori Takarada played only 45 min (was sub off at half time when the result was 1-0)

11. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021

This is all a bit depressing but it seems Canada will play in the SBC.

KAPIJXM, blissett, Lechus7 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yes it is, but on the other hand Canada WNT just won for themselves public opinion support. CAN FA came out in all this as murky and greedy employer. I do expect that a lot of US supporters will come to the stadiums with flags and banners supporting the CAN team and condemning Canadian FA.
    SBC is very well covered by media - the word will spread.

13. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    You're very diplomatic. I have far stronger words for this kind of despicable behaviour.

Lechus7 repped this.
  14. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    The 12 Nadeshiko players from the WE league gathered for their first day of camp in Japan. Apparently, Ikeda organized an unannounced surprise PK shootout at the very end of training. The decision was made since the Men's National Team were knocked out of their WC after a string of very poor penalties.

All 12 players including the goal keepers took a penalty and 11 scored. I feel for the one player who missed. The article mentions that Moriya, Ueki and Yamashita scored their penalties.

The team is going to travel to the states tomorrow(13th) and meet up with the rest of the team there.

https://hochi.news/articles/20230212-OHT1T51196.html?page=1

15. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Was the identity of this player revealed...?

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't use to cover Italy's Serie B (2nd Division), but it can be worth sharing with you a short interview with Nanoka Iriguchi, who last summer transferred from Sassuolo in Serie A to Cesena in Serie B.

Cesena are curently having a quiet season: they're 6th out of 15 teams; apparently too far behind to actually fight for promotion (9 points to direct promotion, 7 to play-off for promotion) but clearly above any risk of relegation.

This is my translation from Italian of Iriguchi's words:

"I started playing football when I was 6. Here in Cesena I chose #25 because it's both my birthday and my mother's birthday. About the differences between Japanese football and Italian football, I've got the impression that Italian players are physically better conditioned and more aggressive. Last season has been more difficult for me than this one, because back then I couldn't speak Italian. I see the teams in this league as more or less at the same level: after the first half of the season, I can say that there were no easy wins.

Ponde_Ringu and Miora repped this.
  17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Sorry, it's my mistake. I used a half-remembered expression, and I am a typical Japanese so can't tell the difference between l and r.:oops::cry:

datschge and blissett repped this.
  18. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi guys, I was browsing the Guardian website and found this article, with a big picture of Hasegawa above the headline: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eague-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action

It's great to hear she is thriving in England :)

Lechus7, Miora, #5nadeshikofan and 2 others repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yui vs Arsenal:

Essex, KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  20. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    It seems the She Believes Cup won’t be streamed or broadcasted in Japan this year. I think this is the first time since 2011 where there isn’t any official way of watching a Nadeshiko game from Japan. Really shows how dire a situation Japanese women’s football is in at the moment.

Anyway my point is if anyone can find a stream that would be massively helpful.

21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #272 Lechus7, Feb 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    Official TV/stream of SBC

16 FEBRUARY
    18 FEBRUARY
    19 FEBRUARY
    22 FEBRUARY
    23 FEBRUARY

I'll drop "unofficial" links as soon as they'll appear (likely 15-30 min before each match)

22. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team: