Official 2022+ Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Jan 7, 2022.

1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We all knew how it was going to look.
    No surpises here.

2. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's pointless for me to comment on the roster, since they, so far, do earn results, i.e. 5 consecutive victories after that slump against KSA. Let us all hope for the best and for Japan to top its group as it should.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hiroki Sakai also out, replaced by Nakatani

4. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    Osako is one thing but Sakai out is kind of troublesome. I have no doubt in Yamane's ability but for next crucial games, stability in defense is important and Sakai has deep understanding with other defenders. Also, Sakai's form is much more positive than Osako after going back to JLeague.

gamban98 repped this.
  5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maeda dropped out as well. No replacement planned.

seolseol repped this.
  6. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good. Rest up for the Glasgow derby and win the league title.

Better than flying for 18+ hours and sitting on the bench with Asano for most of the game.

seolseol and rougou repped this.
  7. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I believe the Australians have a couple injuries too. Rogic is a doubt who now is their best player.

They've been inspired by Qatar & China NT's, they've called up a 34yo Uruguayan player who has been in the A-League for 5 years. After a lengthy career in which he identified as Uruguayan (former youth international) and came to Aus for the job.

8. Kanarienvogel

Kanarienvogel Member

Nov 15, 2019
    Won't be able to see the game tomorrow

It really is the ideal game for Moriyasu-Japan and his no risk football. Waiting for counters. Here with a team that normally is slightly weaker and is forced to attack, Australia needs the win, the situation is ideal to show how the tactic works when it actually makes sense. In this situation and with the team Moriyasu seems to be trying to build, really only a win is acceptable. Of course I'll take a draw too, but really should be a win.

Up front, I'm actually a bit worried without Osako. What if he decides to start Asano????? I'd rather have Osako then, otherwise good chance to try something else.
    I'd go with Minamino up front, Hatate on the left. Minamino on the left is wasted, finally play him in the middle, that's where he belongs. Ideally as second striker, only striker works too.
    But if Moriyasu goes for Ueda or Hayashi that's ok too, as long as he still puts Hatate on the left.

Otherwise for once I'm even ok with the non-dribbling dribbler who's unable to make a decent high cross starting, like for Japan this seems the ideal game for Ito.

9. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    #110 NaohiroTakahara, Mar 23, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    Ito delivers good grosses. 70 Scorer Points in 136 games vor Genk shows it.

And he is the new "Honda" since the last months which means, he is the guy with balls. The Game Changer.

10. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hmmm... it's a shame Moriyasu didn't have countless chances in the last few years to experiment with other FW options. This is excellent, like I've said before only an injury to Osako would force Moriyasu to play someone else.

11. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #112 AKITOD, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    Nagatomo if I remember correct was actually rather good last game. Given the injuries and the away match in Australia I think he's needed in this moment.

No Hiroki Sakai is a big loss, probably the most vulnerable of them. There are a couple ways I'm not sure which is best. Yamane played there away to Oman so probably will get the nod.

Otherwise midfield I doubt will change, Hatate may be option from bench but broadly speaking it'll be Tanaka/Endo/Morita I really like the partnership those 3 have started to garner.

I think forwards if I had my way would be; Asano left wing, Minamino centre, and Ito right winger. Options outside this with Kubo, Ueda and Mitoma.

I hope its;
    Asano---Minamino---Ito
    Morita--Tanaka
    Endo
    Nagatomo--Yoshida--Itakura---Yamane
    Gonda​

marten48 repped this.
  12. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    IMHO Mitoma would be huge risk playing in this game (coming back from injury, heavy rain forecasted).

It would be great for Kawasaki nucleus of this team if Yamane and Taniguchi play in the backline, they'll know each other's style very well despite the short time together for this WCQ.

Hayashi running around up front not bad option for the last 20-30 minutes if playing for the draw. Otherwise Minamino or Ueda up front.

13. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lol it appears I called the exact starting XI ;) Though google has Asano in the centre, Minamino on the left but I suspect they'll rotate.

14. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Peak Moriyasu Japan.

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He will never. And we all knew Asano was going to start.

Just fix this now Japan. And fire Moriyasu. Begin work against Qatar.

16. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well as far as the Australian commentators are concerned Moriyasu is brilliant for brining on Mitoma who scored both goals.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  17. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #118 HTCONEM8, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    Mission accomplished. Congrats. :thumbsup:
    Time for more experiments, I guess, if any. :whistling:

gamban98 and Kakeru repped this.
  18. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    If only Mitoma could play against Spain in the Olympics...
    And all of the Kawasaki boys were sensational today. Yamane was also solid. Even if Hatate plays to make JNT a makeshift Frontale I would make no complains.

gamban98 and seolseol repped this.
  19. Kanarienvogel

Kanarienvogel Member

Nov 15, 2019
    How about the experiment "fire Moriyasu"? Ok, won't happen.. but Asano has no place even in the huge squad Moriyasu called for these 2 games. Actually starting him IMO is a firing offence.

What's next, he'll call up Nagai, another speedster and drop Kubo, since Kubo's main strength isn't speed?

From the highlights quite a few chances...so that's good.

Couldn't find Australia's disallowed goal yet.. seems to have been a questionable call from what I read.

Mitoma... well, now he will never start, scores twice as sub, Moriyasu now will be convinced that this is the only possible way to use him.

20. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It is possible provided the team delivered poorly in the friendlies leading up to the WC, just like what happened with Halilodzic, but, yeah, something tell me he will stay regardless.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Of course he will stay
    Doubt his mediocre tacticts will work in wc

22. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well, we may never know.
    He might be able to grind results playing defensively, but i'm more concerned of his tactical variety i.e. how well he'll respond to the opponents change in tactics.
    That Belgium game of WC2018 still give me nightmares to this day.

23. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    KSA vs CHN 1-1
    Japan now has a great chance to top the group even though it doesn't mean much besides bragging rights.

Kakeru and seolseol repped this.
  24. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think that may have an incidence ahead of the group draw for the World Cup. The higher we get, the better odds we have of facing "weaker" teams.

Saw the match replay finally. It was hairy as usual with all of those misses by the guys in blue and the risk of taking an Australian sucker punch out of nowhere, but our boys held on and scored the backbreaker when it mattered.

And suddenly the Saudi team doesn't look this invincible anymore. That's a change of tone I gladly welcome.

seolseol repped this.