Official 2022+ Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Jan 7, 2022.

1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Someway to watch the match? No official free streaming?

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

teioh: I think the game is on TV, so no official streamings online.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :sneaky: this worked

4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kudos to your team on finally breaking the jinx that is not being able to win the EAFF E-1 Football Championship on home soil, and a well deserved win.

Managing a win against your side was always going to be tough, however tonight's match showed just how much in quality even your domestic players have gone up over the years. A draw or even a 1-0 loss going either way would've been more apparent, but a 3-0 loss to a bunch of youth side that just debuted for the senior side throughout this tournament? Not one could've ever imagined. You folks have one hell of a scary youth pool right there.

GunnerTNB, teioh and Kajisan repped this.
  5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    The Blue Lock Project is starting to bear fruit.

6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Guys what happened to Miyaichi? Subbed out after 18 minutes? Another injury? Is this for real? What a poor cursed boy (actually "man").

7. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    "Rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament of the right knee" :(

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sorry for him . But who cares at this point? Not like he is close to the nt

9. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    Among the players who participated in this mini tournament in East Asia, who will be selected for the World Cup? If not, what are the reasons why Moriyasu does not take Nakajima in NT anymore? Because in spite of this drop in form, he has in my eyes the level to participate in the world cup!

10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I care because this guy deserved more.
    The first season in Feyenoord was the most entertaining and delusive season of a japanese player in europe since ever.
    A 19yo guy that take immediately the starter spot in an historical dutch side sidedby the likes of Wijnaldum and Castaignos (at those times valued as a Top Youngster), cheered by the whole stadium that even nicknamed him "Ryodinho" and, at the end of the season, fans were praying for an extension of the loan.
    It was so promising.
    When Zac called him he was like "the new hope of JNT", in a time where Kagawa and Honda were both at their top and taking the scene by themselves.
    Anyway the train has gone. But see him injured again in that way has reopen the wound (for me).

Radu Razvan repped this.
  11. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Life is harsh for him. He is now nothing like the player he was in Feyenoord. However I was quite happy for him to get some games in J-league, score a few goals, cheer on by fans. Finally he get the chances to wear national team shirt again. But now it is bitter to succumb to the same injury again.

12. KingOno

KingOno Member

Japan
    Aug 15, 2022
    I hope that Ao Tanaka is not a starter at the World Cup as there are much better options than him and it is not like that he plays exceptionally well in the 2nd Bundesliga. On the other hand Itakura performs very well in the Bundesliga and should be a starter for Japan. The status of Minamino should also be questioned

seolseol repped this.
  13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    True words

14. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    Here is the list of players for the upcoming friendly matches.

- Goalkeepers : Eiji Kawashima (Strasbourg), Shuichi Gonda (Shimizu S-Pulse), Daniel Schmidt (Sint-Truiden), Kosei Tani (Shonan Bellmare)

- Defenders: Yuto Nagatomo (FC Tokyo), Maya Yoshida (Schalke), Hiroki Sakai (Urawa Reds), Shogo Taniguchi, Miki Yamane (tous deux Kawasaki Frontale), Yuta Nakayama (Huddersfield), Takehiro Tomiyasu (Arsenal), Hiroki Ito (Stuttgart), Ayumu Seko (Grasshoppers)

- Midfielders/Forwards: Genki Haraguchi (Union Berlin), Gaku Shibasaki (Leganes), Wataru Endo (Stuttgart), Junya Ito (Stade Reims), Takumi Minamino (Monaco), Kyogo Furuhashi, Daizen Maeda, Reo Hatate (tous Celtic), Hidemasa Morita (Sporting Lisbonne), Daichi Kamada (Eintracht Frankfurt), Yuki Soma (Nagoya Grampus), Kaoru Mitoma (Brighton), Ritsu Doan (Freiburg), Ayase Ueda (Cercle Brugge), Ao Tanaka (Dusseldorf), Shuto Machino (Shonan Bellmare), Takefusa Kubo (Real Sociedad).

15. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    #340 morimotomania93, Sep 15, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    I would like to know why Moriyasu always takes Kawashima as 4th goalkeeper, he wastes the place to an outfield player who could integrate the team like for example Nakajima or Sugawara! He persists in taking Shibasaki, Haraguchi... We notice that he gave his chance to Machino and yuki Soma after the East Asian Cup. Of course, there are also some positive things like the titularization of Hatate, but I am disappointed not to see Nakajima in the list, because although he did not have enough playing time, he has for me the capacity to be among the 26 selected for the national team.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ao Tanaka... Shibasaki..

17. Kanarienvogel

Kanarienvogel Member

Nov 15, 2019
    Weirdest call up is Soma. First of all he isn't that good. Second Japan is "stacked" (quantity more than quality) on the left side, Minamino the starter (who has no business playing there, start him or Furuhashi in the middle), Mitoma, Hatate (no complaints about those 2 really. What is Soma for? Nothing. From the East Asian stuff I'd brought Fujita, not Soma.

18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Minamino can play both the sides and as an AMF too (and actually he doesn't deserves to be a starter or even to be called for Qatar at all), Furuhashi will be wasted in a spot different from CFW since he's the one who will have the most % to score, Hatate is playing as CMF in Celtic and Mitoma is simply not playing at all in Brighton. Anyway even if I don't know so much Soma I bet he is not good enough but who knows, maybe Moriyasu called him to psichologically push the others to give their best (?).

About Nakajima... He's done. The man can't be salvaged (lol) from the abyss where he felt. Chapter close. What a pity. Not the first skilled japanese footballer who get lost. If nothing else, he did it in an "original" way (sad lol).

19. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
  20. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I wish Japan could play some European powerhouses, but thanks to the joke of a tournament, aka euro nations league, it's become stupidly difficult arranging a match with those teams.

21. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I guess Germany will be pretty free in the next 2 years since they'll host the UEFA Euros.

HTCONEM8 repped this.
  22. KingOno

KingOno Member

Japan
    Aug 15, 2022
    I wonder what kind of first eleven plan Moriyasu has. It is obvious that he can not anymore rely on his favorite players like Minamino or Haraguchi as they are out of form. At the moment the best players are Hatate, Kamada and Doan. He has to integrate all 3 players into first 11. Anything else would be pretty stupid.
    The worst setback for Japan is the loss of the best Japanese centreback Itakura. Hopefully Tomiyasu can regain his form.

Apart from that it is not difficult to identify the first eleven based on the current form of the players. If Moriyasu screws this up and starts players like Tanaka, Minamino, Haraguchi or Shibasaki then there is no hope for Japan

23. Kanarienvogel

Kanarienvogel Member

Nov 15, 2019
    It's pretty obvious what Moriyasu's starting 11 at the WC will be. After all he's a big fan of "never improve a winning team" Or even "never improve a struggling team".

So it will be Gonda-Sakai, Yoshida, Tomiyasu, Nagatomo-Tanaka, Endo, Morita-Ito, Osako, Minamino.

24. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Osako will be not be part of the WC Squad thats for sure.

Haraguchi is in solid form. Heute starts almost half of the games for Union Berlin and is a more or less starter for the actually best team in Germany.

Minamino is getting better now. 3 Scorer points in 7 games are totaly okay.

Tomiyasu is fine and he is getting more and more playing time. The Coach of Arsenal said, they want to be carefull with Tomy cause of his long injury and he will get integrated more and more into the teamm

So no worries if those 3 are starting regardless they are more in form players at the moment but those 3 dudes you don't have to worrie about.

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haraguchi isnt even a starter anymore. Benched the last 4 or 5 games.
    Would not say a good sign.