Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T.....Serbia 0 Japan 1 (Ueki 28 mins)

Like the pace we are playing at.....Shimizu and Hasegawa linking up well on the right ....Would like to Hina Sugita more in the game...Think there are more goals to follow in 2nd half.

blissett and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  2. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Good first half overall....Tanaka making too many mistakes almost shutting herself out of the game and Minami almost costing us 2 goals but other than that a good performance. As @Manchester Nadeshiko pointed out, would like to see more down the left. This is the best comment I can muster up at 3:40am

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    58 mins.....have to give up on this one.....pictures keep freezing....please post final score...thanks

4. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Takahashi comes on for Nagano and Kumagai moves up to midfield. Thought I would never see it.

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1630 Lechus7, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    Serbia 0 - 5 Japan
    Ueki 28', Naomoto 62', Miyazawa 76', Chiba 81', Narumiya 88'

Result as expected. I hope Finland will provide a little more challange.

StatsSRBJPN.jpg

I'm uploading videos now - it's gonna be ready in 30-40mins

end of 1st half is choppy while 2nd half is bit lower in quaity.

6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Meanwhile highlights

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks very much, @Lechus7. I am not sure when I'll have the time to watch the full game, since these days I am very busy with the final exams at my school (I'll have to be there tomorrow in the early morning for that), but at least, now that I am back from my dinner with friends, I had the chance to give a look at highlights. :thumbsup:

In fact, at least judging from the score (although Japan rounded it up in the late minutes) and especially from the highlights, it seems difficult to believe that this Serbia is the same team who have recently beaten Germany by 3-2 in WWC 2023 Euro-qualifiers. :cautious:

Of course, I've only seen highlights, but it seemed to me that it was all Japan even in 1st Half, when our FWs were as wasteful as usual.

Again, I am just commenting highlights, but it seemed to me that the Right-Side chain, with Shimizu and Hasegawa worked very well (nothing new, isn't it?). I suppose this is Remina Chiba's 1st goal in Senior NT?

KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  8. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Of course, because it was her debut in NT.

blissett and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  9. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #1635 Ponde_Ringu, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Mayu Ikejiri and Akari Shiraki are retiring. Big surprise.

Sendai has been losing or selling players left and right and their replacements aren’t up to par. Quite worrying.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Also both just 25!!! :eek::eek::eek:

What could have happened to make them leave for good? :unsure:

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Playing football for 40-60k $ /per year may not be the the peak of their ambition?
    I'm just guessing here. It's nothing new really. Candela Andujar from Barcelona (scored on Japan in 2018 WWC U20 final) retired last month at the age 22..

12. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #1638 Ponde_Ringu, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    There seems to be many young players retiring this season. Mei Yasaka from Nagano is another.

My guess is that this is one of the consequences of professionalizing the sport. Unlike the NWSL or the European leagues where the players fought hard for a pro league, in Japan there wasn’t a movement by the players but just the JFA deciding to go professional as a method to keep up with other nations. It’s inevitable that some players can’t adapt to the sudden changes. We saw this before the start of the league too. Maybe these players decided to try it out for a year and found that being pro wasn’t for them. What’s surprising to me is the number of players retiring and the fact that those with NT experience are going too.

13. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Now that I'm awake I want to share my thoughts about todays (yesterdays) game. It wasn't the most competitive match so the things I've noted are exclusively about this game and not really a critique on Ikeda or the team.

Positives

-I think we tried 3 different formations in one game which was interesting. We started the game with the basic 4-4-2 with Hasegawa on the right. When Miyazawa and Naomoto came on it became a 4-2-3-1 with Hasegawa being the 10 and Miyazawa replacing her on the right. Then Takahashi came on for Nagano and replaced Kumagai in the backline so she could move up to holding midfield in what I think was a 4-3-3 but it was only for the last 5~10 minutes so I couldn't really tell if that was the formation or if it worked.

-Our left side was functioning. Which is more than I could say for our run in the Asian Cup. The right was more threatening but we had moments of good forward play on the left and we weren't a complete mess defensively either. Sugita played a huge role here but Miyagawa was also good.

-Not sure if I should call this an accomplishment against Serbia but hey we didn't concede. Though we did dominate the game we also had a few minutes, especially the start of the second half where Serbia upped the pressure and we couldn't get out of our own half. The fact that our defenders kept their concentration and didn't let a goal in is a win in my eyes. We do have to keep in mind that Serbia's most dangerous forward wasn't even on the bench today.

-Our subs were really effective, all 4 of our goals in the second half came from the substitutes. Naomoto, Miyazawa, Chiba, Narumiya all scoring 3, 6, 2 and 3 minutes after coming on respectively. In fact they all scored their first shots in the game.

Negatives

I think it's time we give up on the 4-4-2. I don't think it fits this team. Maybe Ikeda is doing this to start out defensively so we don't concede early like we are known to against top opponents. Even then the first half was a snoozefest in part because of the formation.

Tanaka needs to show us more or I'm afraid she may not get too many more chances in this team. Even if she only scored once, Ueki was making runs, drawing fouls and was an overall nuisance to the opponents CBs the whole time she was on. Tanaka was making so many mistakes and was panicking when she was in a good position. She kept giving the ball away.

Minami was the weak link in our backline as usual, though her performance today wasn't necessarily bad(she still almost gave away two goals in the first half). I've realized most of our recent opponents have decided the best way to disrupt our possession is the put pressure on Minami when she in on the ball. I hope her experience in Europe really serves her well, I like the idea of Kumagai in midfield but not with Minami and Takahashi as CBs unless Minami can really develop fast.

The one thing I've noticed we really lacked in today's game which we saw a lot of in the Asian Cup was the ideas in set pieces. They really weren't threatening at all to be honest. They were way too simple against players that towered over them. If anything we should've tested if our set pieces that worked in Asia works against taller European opponents. Very very few shots from distance too. I think Hayashi and maybe Sugita were the only players that took a shot from outside the box. All off target though.

I think Serbia was a good opponent for where this team is right now. We got to test different formations and positions against a team that were pretty physical but weren't good enough to really threaten us.

Norio Sasaki has said that the JFA are planning friendlies against "more threatening opponents" from November and on to get ready for the world cup. I guess that gives us the timeline Ikeda and the JFA are setting for themselves. Figure out the best systems for this team before November and move to perfecting them from then on.

14. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I do not know their education backgrounds, but 40-60k a year is pretty good pay for a 25 year old in Japan. But if your heart is not in it then it is best to do something different.

There was also Ayaka Suzuki at Nojima, which surprised me. But these two players announcing their retirement is genuinely surprising, because - especially Shiraki - they were not that far from playing for Nadeshiko.

I am joking when I say this but maybe they are getting married. But Japan has a long tradition in sports and the arts of women retiring seemingly at the height of their powers. Setsuko Hara, Kimiko Date and Ai Miyazato spring to mind.

But it is not even a Japanese thing, because there have been a lot of tennis players over the years who have retired early. I mean Ash Barty retired this year ranked one in the world while the geriatric men continue to play into their late thirties.

I am not sure what to make of it, but it is interesting.

15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Hara Setsuko?:eek: How old are you? Maybe 90?:p
    For me only Yamaguchi Momoe have come to mind.

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  16. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    You do not need to be old to appreciate the genius of Setsuko Hara, though Momoe was good too. Listening to idols voices of the seventies is so different. Their voices on the whole were so much deeper and better in my opinion.

I did not watch the game except for the highlights, but the left side of the pitch will see a lot of play because so many good opposing teams have good right wingers. Nadeshiko are very lucky to have Sugita playing on the left and she is a much better option than Hasegawa.

Ueki is the more dyanmic player and I am very happy she scored a goal, but playing for Beleza this season she was so wasteful. However, she did score some nice goals with her head. I really like Ueki and I want her in the team for the reasons you state, but I would not count on her scoring a lot of goals.

I have always had my doubts about Tanaka, but she had a very good second half of the season. I like her because she hits the ball hard when she gets it and when playing well can drop much deeper to get the ball and link up play. She may have just had a bad game and will spring back.. But if she has a bad second half of next season I would not pick her for the world cup, because she can be very bad when down on confidence.

I think teams go after her, because it is her or Kumagai; Kumagai has a huge reputation. When I saw Minami play this season I thought she was good for Urawa. I think she is overrated and lucky to be in the Nadeshiko team, but they are not going to pick the players I rate, so I just hope that she plays well. But she does do some strange things in defence.

This is probably a good thing.

17. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #1643 Ponde_Ringu, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022

Mayo Doko headed to INAC Kobe. I don't remember INAC needing a CB but maybe someone is leaving.

Edit:
    Never mind, Ayaka Nishikawa is moving from INAC to Beleza. Trading defenders I guess. I think Beleza will make good use out of her, especially after Yu Nakasato announced her retirement.

18. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021

Yuka Hirano is coming back to Nojima

19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1645 Manchester Nadeshiko, Jun 27, 2022
    Finland v Japan.....ko 1815 hrs local time...(Finland +2hrs on UT)

KAPIJXM and Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  20. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    INAC have announced Park Kang Jo as their manager from next season. Former K league(Seongnam FC) and J League (Vissel Kobe) player who also represented Korea in the 2000 Sydney Olympics. It's his first coaching job. Maybe we'll see him invite some Korean talents to the team.

21. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #1647 Ponde_Ringu, Jun 27, 2022
    Team Cam Vol.2

Any stream links for tonights game? I'l like to watch it live rather than wait until 2am for a recorded broadcast...

unepommekun repped this.
  22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Looks like Team Cam vol.2 is unaccessible from outside Japan... for now.

Oh, that reminds me:
    From Wednesday, April 6, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN is no longer available in the EEA and the United Kingdom.
    For example no post or articles published on yahoo.news.co.jp can be viewed from Europe (VPN needed)

23. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Ah…so no one could read the articles I shared here since then.. sorry for that.

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    No worries. Post them anayway, twitter headlines are informative enough and one who wants to read more about the topic can find a way either through VPN or will look for the same (or simmilar) information in other sources.

Ponde_Ringu repped this.