Official 2022 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Thanks for this.

Like I said before, he was overthinking his interactions with the players too much. People handle stress and criticism differently, but seeing a player break down and cry in front of you would be a little surprising and disconcerting.

But the fact that he was surprised by the player's response the next day was surprising to me. She probably just needed to talk it out with some of her team mates and then she was fine. It is not rocket science. I wish I knew who the player was.

The stuff about injuries and menstrual cycles is on point. Would not it be great to know about all the players that are injured? Also menstrual cycles do have an effect on players performance. Recently the former world number 1 golfer Lydia Ko said in an interview that she was on her period and her back was tight because of it. I only raise this because it is rarely mentioned, yet it is very common.

As women's sport becomes more professional I hope that players will be more honest about the effects of their menstrual cycle. Also I hope that there is more research into hormone fluctuations and the way it affects injuries.

He also makes a good point about the high turnover of staff, whichi is happening not just at Nojima, but at most of the clubs. This is a much more common problem at the smaller clubs like Niigata, Nojima, Nagano and Elfen. It is connected to money or the lack thereof to pay people well, so they move on and take all the experience they have accumulated.

Unsurprisingly Nojima played their best football after six years of having the same manager at the helm. He has returned, so maybe things will turn around.

2. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wait, there is more....
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce6BGGjgFNf/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Kanazawa is nice. We visited the Samurai part of town and enjoyed the beautiful gardens...

3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Nagoya 0-0 Setagaya
    Nittaidai (Watanabe Urara, Tomioka) 2-1 Cerezo (Takawa)
    Speranza (Mochida, Minamiyama) 2-1 Bunnys (Koizumi)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Belle (Nakamura Hikaru, Machida, Nakamura Arisa (?)) 3-3 Tsukuba (Fujii, Okidoi, Ishii)
    JFA 0-0 Shizuoka

KAPIJXM, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Speranza move off the bottom...The smile on the face of Speranza's goalkeeper at the end was priceless

unepommekun, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Harima vs Ehime 13:00
    Ange Violet vs Orca 13:00
    Nippatsu vs Iga 15:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    NORD vs Mie 11:00
    DR Hiroshima vs Kibi 13:00
    Yamato vs Anclas 15:00

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, catching up, at least until tomorrow, with... Ehime! :eek::eek::eek: Will they manage not to lose to AS Harima Albion to keep an advantage?

But Speranza's first win of the season is not the only sensational result of this Saturday... Did you think I was referring to Cerezo's loss? No, I am referring to Sfida Setagaya's first draw of the season! They were the only team in Division 1 and Division 2 who had a 0 in the "draws" column. After today, there are no more "zeros" in Division 1's and Division 2's charts: all of the teams have at least one won, at least one loss and at least one draw. :geek:

Then, ok, I'll admit Cerezo losing to Nittaidai is quite remarkable. There are days when Cerezo seem to want to break the league apart and other when they lose games that, on paper, they shouldn't have lost. This time they managed to equalize through a PK at 85'... only for Nittaidai to score at 88'. :ninja: I'll repeat myself, but Nittaidai lately looks like a different team, who could almost compete for promotion.

Meanwhile the "big match" of Division 2 between JFA and Shizuoka is a 0-0 draw leaving everything unchanged (JFA at 30 points and Shizuoka, who could have caught up with them with a win, at 27). Belle, after an exciting head-to-head with Tsukuba (the trend of the scores was: 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3) picks up their 7th draw of the season. :coffee:

7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Harima v Ehime....20 mins to KO....at last.... Ehime coach has changed goalkeeper for Yoshimi Miki and given her the captain's armband for this game according to Nadeshiko League web site

8. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T...Harima 2 Ehime 1

20 min... Harima 1 Ehime 0...Katsurama
    23 min...Harima 1 Ehime 1...Yokoyama
    37 min...Harima 2 Ehime 1...Katsurama

Ehime start with Fujisawa on the bench and skipper Matsumoto still out injured.Much improved performance from last week with one goal and three other attempts on target.
    (I am happy that coach has started the so called second choice goalkeeper Miki.It's quite refreshing watching a goalkeeper who looks and acts like a goalkeeper and not a circus clown.Think she was a bit unlucky with second Harima goal that looked like it took a deflection)

9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T....Harima 2 Ehime 1

Wish I could say Ehime came close to equalising in the 2nd half...but they didn't.Fujisawa came on for the second half but didn't really get into the game and the normally aggressive Sakurai was quite tame today.

Unusual incident at 51 mins....Sonoko Chiba scored what looked like a perfectly good goal...ref awarded the goal but just before the game was due to kick off again she was called over to the third official...she then disallowed the goal and went back to the edge of the Ehime box and did a drop ball for Harima?...Unepomme could you have a listen to the commentary and perhaps tell me what went on.

The fall and fall of Ehime F.C. Ladies continues...

10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Harima (Katsurama 2) 2-1 Ehime (Yokoyama)
    Ange Violet (Hino) 1-2 Orca (Urashima, Matsuo)
    Nippatsu 0-1 Iga (Mitsuhashi)

Nadeshiko League 2
    NORD (Matsuyama) 1-0 Mie
    DR Hiroshima 0-0 Kibi
    Yamato (Hamamoto, Koujima) 2-0 Anclas

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    sorry for @Manchester Nadeshiko but I can't help loving a Fumina Katsurama's brace. :inlove:

Meanwhile, in Norway's Toppserien Yuuka Kurasaki scored in a 2-1 win by her team Arna-Bjørnar vs Røa (see highlights, courtesy of @Bauser):

unepommekun repped this.
  12. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, I couldn't hope for a better weekend for Kunoichi than this one, althought last 20 minutes were critical for me today :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    For some unknown reason, I manage to see the pictures only by quoting the message: not sure what's the issue. :cautious:

KAPIJXM repped this.
  14. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    unepommekun repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  16. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Japan will play home games against Nigeria on the 6th of October and New Zealand on the 9th.

17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Damallsvenskan - 15th round

Linkoping FC 7 - 0 Umea IK
    (highlights)

Yuka Momiki played 88 min, scored 2 goals and assisted 2 other. She has good chance to end up in league best XI this week( for the 3rd time this season).
    Saori Takarada played full 90.

AIK 0 - 6 Rosengard
    (highlights)

Honoka Hayashi played full 90'. She was yellow carded in 31 min. Bad result for AIK but at least they are done with league top 2 this season.
    I feel that Kristianstads, Hacken, Eskilstuna and Vittsjo are still beyond them but middle rank teams are within reach. To avoid relegation it's gonna be vital to get points from Kalmar, Umea and Brommapojkarna though.

1. Rosengard ---- 15m ---- 39p ----- 48-14
    2. Linkoping ------ 15m ---- 34p ----- 39-13
    3. Kristianstads - 15m ---- 33p ----- 32-12
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    4. BK Hacken ---- 15m ---- 29p ----- 29-13
    5. Eskillstuna ----- 15m ---- 29p ----- 20-13
    (...)
    11. Kalmar -------- 15m ---- 9p ----- 12-41
    -------------- (relegation zone) -------------------
    12. Umea IK ----- 15m ---- 7p ------ 13-39
    13. Bromma. ---- 15m ---- 6p ------ 12-35
    14. AIK ------------- 15m ---- 6p ------ 9-39

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Time for another NWSL's recap also, especially since there's at least one Japanese player there that's having a phenomenal season; but let's not get ahead of ourselves :coffee::

- on Saturday, the 18th of June: Kansas City Current-Chicago Red Stars 2-2. Yuki Nagasato started for Chicago and was subbed-out at 79', when the score was already set on the final 2-2 draw. The Red Stars drop at 2nd place, tied with Portland;

- on Saturday, the 18th of June: OL Reign-Angel City FC 1-0. Jun Endo played the full game for Angel City, and, with this loss, her team has been caught by their opponent of OL Reign at 5th place;

- on Sunday, the 19th of June: NJ/NY Gotham FC-San Diego Wave 0-3. San Diego are currently topping the league, but it's a fact that Gotham's recent trend suggests that maybe they shouldn't get rid of their Japanese players in their starting 11 as they're doing lately :cautious:: Nahomi Kawasumi was only subbed-in at 57', on a 0-2 score, while Kumi Yokoyama was inserted at 69', a minute after San Diego's 3rd goal. Gotham are now tied with Washington Spirit at 7th place;

- on Sunday, the 19th of June: Portland Thorns-Orlando Pride 6-0. The Thorns utterly destroyed their opponent, but arguably the most important goal was the opener, that was scored at 21' by Hina Sugita with a brilliant volley in the box, worth re-watching in the highlights I am going to post below. As I had already mentioned, Portland are now tied with Chicago Red Stars at 2nd place.

19. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    There were some very nice saves and goals in the highlights, but some of the defending from Orlando was terrible. The set pieces were diabolical. I fear there might be a few problems in that squad.

Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I've read that their coach has recently been suspended for an ongoing investigation, but I guess it's not their only problem: the team looks ill-constructed in itself.

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  21. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    transfer info:

Kikuchi Maria (Inac - Nagano)
    Nagae Ibuki (Inac - Nagano)

22. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Inac gained good players from high school every year, but it failed to get the best one, Yanase.:)

23. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #1599 Ponde_Ringu, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Aioi Gakuin High School, known for producing many J league talents will start a girl's club next year. They have great facilities (5 fields with Natural turf etc), and are appointing former INAC coach and winner of the ASEAN most valuable coach award Yoshinori Kumada. I would really recommend translating and reading this article. The second half especially, goes into possible ways to prevent major injuries in female players, everything from the position of the pelvis to managing menstrual cycles. Injuries in women's football seems to be a hot topic this post season. ↓↓↓

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/6f08468c1a9aeda05c7612218b0d48c9bceabcaf?page=1

In other news National Team camp started today Ikeda shared some comments. Very basic and ordinary comments, but if you'd like a read ↓

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/f31646287812a9ec68cd31c611dcd7a8a481d31c

24. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018