Official: 2022 LA Galaxy II Season

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LEM-LAG, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I would not say that. They weren’t sitters. He happened to hit the under part of the crossbar both times, but once was a crossed in ball that isn’t necessarily easy to keep down when running on to it and the other he had a man on his left hip as he shielded him off making the run into the box and the GK in front of him covering the right side of the goal. Going high was his best chance.

Dawdler repped this.
  2. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Sanchez takes down a striker on a breakaway in the box, which gets him a yellow (could have been red as a dogso, except his touch pulled him wide and maybe a defender covers), and a PK that Sac Republic converts. Down 1-0

Dawdler repped this.
  3. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Bad giveaway in the back leads to a second Sac Republic goal. Down 2-0

Dawdler repped this.
  4. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    If you’re looking for a reason to watch the end of this game, Adam Saldana just came on for the first time since fracturing his foot in preseason. Nice to see him back

mbar, Geneva and Dawdler repped this.
  5. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Here's a link to the highlights, which includes both of Cabral's crossbar hits.

6. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Los Dos should have lead at halftime, but the two missed chances by Rémi Cabral came back to haunt them in the second half where they looked as tired as a team who has played a midweek game. I agree with @Benny Dargle, they were not easy chances bu he could have done a lot better. Well, I guess that's why he will never succeed at a higher level.

You got the two faces of Judd this week : unstoppable on Wednesday, selfish and frustrating on Saturday. I thought Dante Campbell looked solid at CB until he made a terrible pass who lead to a goal. Adrian Gonzalez was deployed as a LW and looked again ineffective here, and the G2 players around him knew it, giving him very few passes.

On the injury front, Adam Saldana played his first minutes of the year. Another player made his season debut : Callum Johnson, the 42nd pick in the 2022 Draft. He didn't had a lot of minutes but had the time to play a beautiful cross to Judd. I'm looking forward to see more minutes from him, he seems to play as a 8 and there is definitely a hole here for Los Dos.

Not a lot of things to say, I can't see any of these guys having a future with the first team (except for maybe Judd).

MPNumber9, mbar, ProudNatRN and 2 others repped this.
  7. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Dawdler and TrickHog repped this.
  8. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA

Goals by Drack (free kick), Salazar, and Judd. The latter was a really strong 1 v. 4 (incl. the GK) move that didn't involve Judd just outrunning a defender, but splitting two and then beating the GK near post with a third defender closing down his left side. Judd also appears to have a hand injury and a pretty heavy wrap covering it and came away from the goal with some pain, making it all the more impressive.

LEM-LAG, skydog, ProudNatRN and 3 others repped this.
  9. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.
  11. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm back from my vacations and I just watched the game, to make it short :

- solid game from the Galaxy, who were very tight on defense, although a little bit lucky with two early goals (a beautiful free kick from Drack and a deflected shot from Salazar) and a goal scored by Miami who should have counted (ball crossed the line).
    - Judd was a pain to defend, and scored a beautiful solo goal.
    - Richard Sanchez was great between the posts, his best game for G2.
    - Lambe and Harvey looked solid on defense.
    - solid passing from Cabral, Dunbar looked anonymous.

skydog, MPNumber9 and Dawdler repped this.
  14. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LEM-LAG, Dawdler and TrickHog repped this.
  15. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Recap of the last game, a 3-1 home win against Oakland :

When I tell you GK Eric Lopez can make you win games, this one was a perfect example : while Preston Judd was wasting chances at the opposite side of the field, Lopez made three beautiful saves in five minutes during the first half, allowing Los Dos to stay in the game and taking advantage of an Oakland red card right before the half. That said, problem remains the same with Lopez : he's not good at coming off his line, and conceded a late goal because of this.

Score should have been way higher, Judd, Dunbar, Cabral and Salazar missed chances after chances (the first three scored nonetheless). I don't give up on Dunbar but he's not consistent enough in the final third.

The two best players were probably the two fullbacks : Josh Drack on the left, amazing on the second goal, and Owen Lambe on the right, who had a perfect cross on the first. Lambe, the USOC hero, has been OK this season and deserves some props but I don't think it's enough for the MLS level.

On the first team players front, Carlos Harvey played as a CB and made once again a couple of avoidable mistakes. Adam Saldana played 20+ minutes as a sub and looked solid for a player coming off a bad injury.

Next game is on Saturday at San Diego, it will be a tough one.

16. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    #141 Benny Dargle, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    G2s destroy San Diego Loyal 5-0. Judd and Dunbar both get a brace.

Loyal was down a man starting in the 11th minute because of a red card. It didn’t even out until the 85th when Jalen Neal picked up a second yellow. So, this was a big victory, but not really a true test. Nevertheless, Dunbar finding the net is nice to see. He’s been having trouble in the final third all season.

17. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    @Benny Dargle is right, it was not a real test with 80 minutes playing a man up. The red card was controversial IMO, I'm not sure the ball hit San Diego's defender hand. Los Dos currently sits high at the 5th place, with three wins in a row including two on the road, but I won't read too much into it, the last two were at 11 vs. 10 and the team was a little bit lucky in Miami. I think they'll end up more likely at 7th or 8th.

Sanchez
    Lambe Neal Doyle Drack
    Harvey Barry
    Salazar Cabral Dunbar
    Judd​

Judd was my MOTM, when the game opens up it's too hard to defend against him, he's got so much speed and power he can beat anybody in USL. His assist to Dunbar was superb. Cameron also had a good game.

Cabral was surprisingly non-existent in a game where his speed could have been dangerous. Salazar decision's making remains his biggest issue, he's skilled but his choices don't always look logical.

Drack was great, when he went up it always lead to dangerous situations. For the second game in a row, Sanchez made a couple of solid saves in goal.

Next game at Colorado on Friday.

Dawdler, Benny Dargle and TrickHog repped this.
  18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    #143 Benny Dargle, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.
  19. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any idea if they are going to cancel the game, my screen still shows weather delay

20. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, that was horrible by the GK and the defense, its like watching the big club

22. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    harvey looked foolish on that play, however nice shot by Hadji and this games seems to be over before they even hit 30 minutes

23. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    have to give Cabral dos, a bit of credit he is not afraid to shoot and he doesn't seem to panic or trip over himself in the box

24. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Los Dos is really learning to play the "Galaxy" way.

Dawdler repped this.
  25. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is Eric Lopes injured? Sanchez is not a good GK, the first goal he pretty much gifted to Colorado and that third goal it looked like he forgot he could use his hands to trap the ball