Official: 2021 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Nov 5, 2020.

1. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Berks, Skevin, hav77 and 4 others repped this.
  2. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Well, I've read mixed reviews about Grandsir. He signed with Monaco, a very good team in the french Ligue 1, a few years ago, after looking solid with french club Troyes. He didn't convince here though he scored a goal against Atletico Madrid in the CL.

He was loaned to Strasbourg (another french Ligue 1 club) where he wasn't good either. I read a rumor (I mean, it was just a rumor of a story from two years ago) he was subbed in in a Ligue 1 game, then got a red card five minutes after his entrance, then went to a party to get drunk, and missed training the day after.

Last season he was on loan to Brest (another Ligue 1 club), and after another rough start, looked better and better during the season. Brest fans would have liked to keep him but he decided to try to come back to Monaco. Unfortunately they didn't want him and he didn't train with the first team during the last six months, leading to an akward situation. There were rumors of a departure to Spain, England, and Kansas City. The fact a clever club like KC tried to sign him is a good point IMO.

On the field, Grandsir is small but fast, and not easy to disposess. His finish is decent. The main problem seems to be his attitude. When he's comitted, he can be good on both sides of the ball, but it seems he had attitude problems at some point with every club he played for.

I think that's the main point on whether Grandsir will succeed in LA or not : you have to make him commit to the team, to the project. Vanney could be the guy to do this. I've read a lot of comments saying Monaco is a too big club for him, but he could be a starter in a lot of middle of the table teams in Europe. Anyway, the comparison with Alessandrini is easy (french winger), but I don't expect Grandsir to have a DP impact. He will (probably) sign as a TAM player, and if he gets something like 12 MLS goals + assists every year, that would be OK.

Berks, hav77, GalaxyOne and 9 others repped this.
  3. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vanney has some experience playing in France, as I recall. Perhaps that will give him a little common ground to start his relationship with Grandsir.

hav77 and skydog repped this.
  4. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad Gio’s gone. They would have made a good pair!

hav77 and LEM-LAG repped this.
  5. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Gio wouldn’t try hard enough to get a red card.

shelbo, hav77, Beakmon FC and 5 others repped this.
  6. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent write-up, thanks!

Good news is he's relatively young at 24, so it looks like we're banking on him "maturing" a bit with us. It's potentially a good situation for him to do that; he's on an ambitious team in a league where he'll be expected to perform, but will have to push himself to achieve consistently.

Berks, shelbo, hav77 and 6 others repped this.
  7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we sign Pavon the last missing piece for a presumed decent first 11 (if there are no injuries and everyone is in good form) would be an above average defensive midfielder. That is such an important piece to our puzzle that has been missing for so long on our team. Greg mentioned that specifically in that interview. I wonder what/who they have in mind.

That and depth. Lots of depth needed.

hav77, ProudNatRN, TrickHog and 4 others repped this.
  8. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I would also add we need another proven forward. I still don't see where the goals are going to come from.

shelbo, hav77, GalaxyOne and 1 other person repped this.
  9. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://lmdiario.com.ar/amp/277968/...l-con-acceso-carnal?__twitter_impression=true

The English translation suggests the Pavon abuse accusation is not going away anytime soon. Tough situation. Extortion of football players/celebs is a big thing in the rest of the world but, then again, sexual abuse of women is also a very big thing everywhere. Hard to tell from here what's actually happening.

If the Galaxy don't have a much more informed idea of this situation then we all do it might be time to move on.

footballfantatic, shelbo, hav77 and 4 others repped this.
  10. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else think signing this French winger may mean we ARE moving on from Pavon. We could always push Lletget out to the left wing.

11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to have two "proven" professional wingers going into the season. Ideally that's Pavon and the French guy. Then you have Dunbar, Efra, Koenick pushing for minutes. I wouldn't want to rely too much yet on the youngsters as presumed starters until they earn it.

The other thing I think we'll see is Araujo as right midfielder/winger. It worked so well last year and if Fisher comes in and looks strong that could provide some flexibility.

So long answer short I'd want another proven/experienced winger if it's not Pavon.

hav77, JPAR, 2in10 and 2 others repped this.
  12. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Exactly. If we don't have Pavon (and I'm guessing we won't) the number of goals scored last season for our current roster is:
    Lletget - 6
    Grandsir - 3 (in 32 games)
    Chich - 2
    Zubak - 2
    Villafana, Araujo, Alvarez, Kareniuk, Gonzalez, Steres - 1 each

hav77, GalaxyOne, JPAR and 5 others repped this.
  13. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Klinsmann was just removed from the U23 MNT roster because of a concussion.

hav77, 2in10 and 73Bruin repped this.
  14. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Just a thought related to something I may of misread from Pavon's father. It seemed to imply that Pavon may be willing to sit out this season and become a free agent (in June of 22). If correct, the Galaxy could sign someone else to the DP slot and then possibly Pavon in 22 when JDS is out of contract.

hav77, ProudNatRN and mbar repped this.
  15. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering our top DP won't likely get anywhere near 12 + 12 goals/assists, then 12 +12 for a TAM player like Grandsir would be knocking it out of the park. Looking forward to seeing him play.

2in10, TrickHog and 73Bruin repped this.
  16. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking optimistically, I think Chich should be able to double his output, if he stays focused and healthy. :rolleyes:

skydog, 2in10 and TrickHog repped this.
  17. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    My dad and others are telling me that Pavon will be signed. They have faith. I do not share such an optimistic view. Monies have been reported as being settled upon, yet, no signing? What is taking so long? Is somebody getting cold feet about the whole deal?

All I know is I know nothing but the longer this continues the less I believe.

BOTG T-40 days and 40 nights.

hav77 and 73Bruin repped this.
  18. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Certainly interesting sign and he could be a bit green but coming from Europe i am banking on this guy blowing up. 24 is euro years is like being 26 or 27 here. i expect you have worked out many if not all the kinks and good to go.

2in10, TrickHog and MPNumber9 repped this.
  19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

latest on CP.

Last tweet a statement from his attorney.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Really informative post, but hopefully this is kind of a wake up call for the kid. He is still young and a lot of his previous actions clearly showed a young professional who lacked maturity. I think moving to another country can be good for him, and hopefully for us too.

TrickHog, 2in10, LEM-LAG and 1 other person repped this.
  21. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think these are the kinds of risks you can take with one of your TAM players - a really talented player who isn't playing to potential that you can snag for a year or two and see if the change of scenery can make them wake up, because if they do, they are getting a DP-caliber player without using up a DP spot. But obviously they need to be coming to a good locker room, something I don't think we've had the past several years - so hopefully that is changing as well this year.

ProudNatRN, Skevin, 2in10 and 2 others repped this.
  22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, this Pavon signing keeps looking riskier and riskier - obviously innocent until proven guilty, etc. But if I'm a GM I start wondering about a deal with this many $$$$ attached.

ProudNatRN, 2in10, shelbo and 3 others repped this.
  23. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Even with our seven teenagers, including two 17 year-olds, we still really aren't that young with six players 30 or over (and Sacha serving the grandpa role).

1369375953697333253 is not a valid tweet id

mbar repped this.
  24. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2in10 and TrickHog repped this.
  25. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's Dani Acosta. Looking forward to seeing what he can provide this season. He was so highly-rated before attitude and injury issues sidelined him.

ProudNatRN, 2in10, JPAR and 1 other person repped this.