Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks. Doesn't matter, by now, unless GB beats Canada (hint: won't happen).

2. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I think Nadeshiko created two good opportunities to score in the first half. They were not really clear cut chances but they were chances. I thought Shiokoshi was very good tonight, but when she had that ball on the break instead of passing to Tanaka she probably should have passed to Shimizu on her right. It might have turned out differently.

I said going into this tournament that Nadeshiko would struggle to defend, but so far they have been pretty good. The goal tonight was a combination of a bit of luck and some bad keeping. Yamashita should have stayed on her line, because it was not a fast cross and nobody was going to be able to head it hard.

As I have said before I think Kobayashi should be in this team, but I am not sure how much better she would do. Hasegawa played up top for the whole game and was not particularly influential. It was a shame Iwabuchi was a bit injured, because she might have made a massive difference.

I think Nadeshiko need to work on moving the ball quicker. Not all the time, but sometimes. Good opposition teams get set a bit too easily against them. They need to trust their ability to pass the ball around players.

Either way as long as they beat Chile they will go through, so it it is up to them.

3. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Once they went a goal down I could not see it either.

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hard to be worse than these two. At least she step it up greatly when called into international stage before.

datschge and Kakeru repped this.
  5. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can only imagine the level of vitriol if there was a crowd actually being forced to waste a lot of money to watch that garbage.

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It wouldn`t matter even if GB beats Canada because Canada vs Japan had ended in a draw and it isn`t possible that more than two teams will finish the group level on points.

7. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    She really is worse than Ikeda and Yamashita. Her performances at club level have been poor. She may improve of course. Japan has a serious keeping problem.

I hope they are trying to rectify the problem, but we may be waiting a while before they get a good keeper.

8. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Sad performance...

p/s Miura should always play when we need a defensive-mid, at least with her on the pitch, I don't worry about that center of the pitch that much, Nakajima is just too slow (all of the sudden)

p/p/s Yamashita's biggest weakness is that she is rushing off the line too much, still, she is 5 times better than Ikeda...

p/p/p/s left-back... Kitamura can attack, can't defend...Miyagawa can defend, can't attack...Make your pick...

p/p/p/p/s Hasegwa up top, Waste of Hasegawa...

unepommekun repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, wouldn't it matter anyway, in the case that Canada and Japan end level on points, to decide who's second-placed and who's third?

10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yes, that's exactly what I thought. It seems like they lack confidence and courage especially in the second half.
    And I felt it was a mistake that Takakura changed better players (Tanaka, Shiokoshi and Hayashi) to uncertain ones.

Kakeru, datschge, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  11. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    They were obviously worried about being caught on the break. Britain are fast and powerful, so Nadeshiko played a bit deeper today. But when they went a goal down Nadeshiko did not really push up. Iwashimizu said as much in the commentary.

Miura coming on for Hayashi was fine. Miura played well against Canada. Tanaka played quite well in the first half, but she was poor in the second half in my opinion. I know this may sound crazy, but I would have preferred Sugasawa to come on instead of Endo.

Endo and Momiki are good players, but I think it is hard for them to make an impact against a team like Britain. Britain has a pretty good team right now.

But against good teams Nadeshiko can be a bit too ponderous with the ball. I want players to be more like Sugita. There were a few rays of hope for me from this game. It was a better performance than the match against Canada.

I still believe they will beat Chile, though it will not be easy. But if they draw or lose Takakura could potentially lose her job.

KAPIJXM, blissett and Essex repped this.
  12. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Sawa with some criticism again. rough translation

"I'm gonna make some harsh remarks for the team. Did they really make any adjustments after the game against Canada? In a game where they really wanted 3 points I couldn't tell if they had learnt anything from the Canadian game.

How many players on the field devoted themselves to get a win? Was anyone communicating when they conceded? How many slide tackles did we see? I really wonder. After we conceded the goal, who raised their voice to lift the team so they could press high to get the ball. I couldn't see any of this throughout the game. It didn't look like they thought this game was important."

https://hochi.news/articles/20210724-OHT1T51255.html

Kakeru, datschge, KAPIJXM and 8 others repped this.
  13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1788 Lechus7, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Standings

Group E

CHI - JPN
    CAN - GBR

1. GBR 6p 3-0 (GD +3)
    2. CAN 4p 3-2 (GD +1)
    3. JPN 1p 1-2 (GD -1)
    4. CHI 0p 1-4 (GD -3)

Group F

NED - CHN
    BRA - ZAM

1. NED 4p 13-6 (GD +5)
    2. BRA 4p 8-3 (GD +5)
    3. CHN 1p 4-9 (GD -4)
    4. ZAM 1p 7-14 (GD -7)

Group G

NZL - SWE
    USA - AUS

1. SWE 6p 7-2 (GD +5)
    2. USA 3p 6-4 (GD +2)
    3. AUS 3p 4-5 (GD -1)
    4. NZL 0p 2-8 (GD -6)

Bracket 1

Winner E
    -------------------------------------------------------- Semi Final
    3rd F/G

Winner G
    -------------------------------------------------------- Semi Final
    3rd E/F

Bracket 2

Winner F
    ------------------------------------------------------- Semi Final
    Runner-up G

Runner-up E
    ------------------------------------------------------ Semi Final
    Runner-up F

KAPIJXM and Essex repped this.
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I'm really counting for GBR to win with CAN and NED to come as runner-up in group F. That would allow for little revenge match for WWC. :)

15. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    She should try becoming a coach and getting that license hehehe.

Kakeru and blissett repped this.
  16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    CAN 4p 3-2

17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Thx. fixed.

18. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    It probably isn't happening sadly...She seems to want to keep a certain distance from woso after she retired.

Dernhelm repped this.
  19. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I wonder why that is :cry: Could it be she just wants to raise her kid normally?Maybe there's hope when the child comes of age.

Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  20. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Japan and Canada are level on points:
    1) Goal difference in all group matches
    2) Number of goals scored in all group matches
    3) Points in the match between Japan and Canada
    4) Goal difference in the match between Japan and Canada
    5) Goals scored in the match between Japan and Canada
    6) Fair play points in all group matches

So if Japan wins 2:1 and Canada loses 0:1 the fair play points will decide (both have 2 yellow cards so far).

blissett repped this.
  21. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Sadly, the team is a shadow of what it once was. Not really sure where they can go from here.

22. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T....GB 1 Japan 0..
    I'm sure there are many serious questions to be asked and answered but at the moment I can only think of one

If Ellen White fell over like a tree being felled after the briefest of touches from Yamashita my only regret is not knowing how she'd have gone down if Ayaka had given her a proper right hook to the chin.

Ponde_Ringu and Kakeru repped this.
  23. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #1798 Kakeru, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Meanwhile, the U20 Nadeshiko have not lost a game since the preliminary round of the 2018 U20 WWC. Right now, there is clearly something that needs to be changed in order to translate success from junior level to senior level. Is the answer Futoshi Ikeda, the winning U20 coach in 2018? Tough to say because it's not uncommon for junior coaches to not find similar success at senior level. Takakura was touted as a winner at junior level before she got found out as a lame female Gareth Southgate.

Is it more about emphasizing on working out for players to become physically strong enough? More than probable. We have to find a way to reduce the girls' physical disadvantage on their American and European counterparts. Is it about spending a ton of money in mental preparation? Oh yes, and it showed today about how players need to be given a kick in the arse. Regardless, there is definitely something that has to change.

Dernhelm, Ponde_Ringu, Essex and 2 others repped this.
  24. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    On another note, I was surprised by China. Looks like their performances are even worse than Japan's. How the hell did they draw 4:4 against a team that lost 3:10 to the Netherlands? :confused:

25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    China squad has been butchered just before the Games. They're missing 6 players from their April play-offs against Korea Republic. Reasons unknown, speculation has it that they were axed by their FA for supporting coming out of Li Ying.

datschge, Essex and blissett repped this.