Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1552 Lechus7, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Strange... does BBC intend to show Chile vs. Team GB from replay? That match is scheduled to happen an hour before SWE-USA... :cautious:

21st July schedule (CET)

1st round.jpg

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1553 Manchester Nadeshiko, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Odd but that is what is on the programme guide for that date.Perhaps they anticipate higher viewing figures at that time

Edit....same games repeated in the evening at 1900hrs..2110hrs..2315hrs

Edit...Chile v Team GB....live on mainstream BBC2 at 0815 hrs as well as above

(If your private jet is still in operation there is room on my sofa for an extra viewer)

Lechus7 repped this.
  4. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Nadeshiko League highlight:

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Short NWSL recap (usual chaos in the rankings, with teams that keep exchanging places: no worth keeping track of that):

- on Saturday the 17th, Washington Spirit-NJ/NY Gotham FC 2-3. Kumi Yokoyama only being subbed-in at 74', on a 2-2 result: two minutes later, Gotham scores the winner! :x3: Nahomi Kawasumi started instead, and she was subbed-out at 75', between Yokoyama entering the pitch and her team scoring the winner; meanwhile, though, she had scored an equalizer for her team in 1st half after they had gone down by 0-1. :cool: As you can see in highlights, Washington had a player sent off at 5' :eek: and Gotham scored both of their 1st Half goals from CK actions:

Racing Louisville FC didn't play in any of the four matches from this week-end.

It can be worth mentioning that OL-Reign lost by 3-1 to Chicago Red Stars on Saturday, although, of course, there were no Japanese players on the pitch, since Momiki is in Japan, ready to start the Olympic tournament.

6. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    unepommekun, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, as you all know, guys, I saw it coming from miles away.

I agree that it's a much better career-choice for her than trying to remain where she's obviously not wanted.

unepommekun, Ponde_Ringu and Lechus7 repped this.
  8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1558 Lechus7, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    I guess her dual citizenship played big part why Reign signed Momiki.
    Benstiti had no idea how to use her though and new interim coach Laity is from english school "pace and power". Moving back to Damallsvenskan looks like her only option now instead of bench warming and waiting for her contract to expire. Foot injury aside - she wasted 2 years in NWSL.

Officiating in NWSL is a joke. Bouhaddi was rightly red carded for DOGSO the other day and sent off with usual one game suspention but Reign appealed and NWSL has cut her a slack cancelling one game suspention. o_O

blissett repped this.
  9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    By the way in 2022 FIFA will further test new rules of playin football.

things that will be tried:
    • 2x30mins, when each half kicks off, the clock starts at 30 and counts down, with the clock also pausing when the ball goes out of play.
    • unlimited number of subs
    • yellow cards result in a spell in the sin bin, with players spending five minutes off the field when they get booked
    • Kick-ins instead of throw-ins
    I'd hate to see WWC 2023 serving as guinea pig for the sake of other FIFA tournaments.:cautious:

unepommekun repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Please, tell me it's a joke: they want to turn football into an American sport. :cry:

#5nadeshikofan and datschge repped this.
  11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I don't think they will succeed even with half of this ideas but none the less they would need to test them somewhere - my worry is women's football (and youth tourneys) as it's always been test ground for FIFA :unsure:

12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Momiki......I was under the impression Japanese citizens could not have dual citizenship
    One for unepomme to put us right on.

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Momiki was born in the USA, but of course her nationality is Japan only.
    I'm not well informed about dual citizenship itself. So I want to ask if someone can be an American and a German at the same time for example.

14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Sorry my bad, probably phrased it wrong. What I actually ment is Momiki as American born player does not use Reign's international slot.
    The rule with international slots is funny anyway cuz international players with green card (like Marta) or those claiming heritage (like Momiki) aren't actually counted by NWSL as internationals. ;)

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    @Lechus7 already clarify the question of NWSL's international slots. Anyway, to answer to @unepommekun, there are indeed countries allowing double citizenship (in particular when one of the parents is from another country): Italy, for instance, is one of these countries. Not sure about Usa and Germany that you mentioned. :p

unepommekun repped this.
  16. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, I don't have a problem with some of the rules, specially the first one, that would save us for useless "time losses". And that is a thing Japan could benefit for it.

Well, for ones better than for anothers. I have 15 hours of difference with Japan, so imagine the time for me :oops:

Lechus7, Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  17. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    It’s a bit complicated.

The US allows dual citizenship.

Japan doesn’t officially allow dual citizenship but they don’t have any effective means to enforce the law. It’s hard to force someone to renounce citizenship from another country when that country probably doesn’t have the same laws as Japan. Hence many keep both of their nationalities.

I read somewhere that Momiki has kept both her American and Japanese nationalities. I assume athletes like Naomi Osaka do the same.

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, unepommekun and 2 others repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am quite excited that tomorrow is the day that we're waiting for so long and that should have happened one year ago.

I assume finding a streaming of the match shouldn't be so difficult? (I could see if it is aired on TV in my country, but actually I am not holding my breath...)

19. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    "The chief of the Tokyo 2020 organizing committee on Tuesday did not rule out a last-minute cancellation of the Olympics, as more athletes tested positive for COVID-19 and major sponsors ditched plans to attend Friday’s opening ceremony."

Oh well, let's see what happens in the next couple of days, imagine if the Olympics will actually be cancelled last minute after so much anticipation...

20. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I was born in Germany and moved to the US. I became a US citizen but kept - thanks to a German law - my German citizenship. The US does not recognize my German passport, however, I can use my German passport when crossing EU borders. For the US, I am a US citizen only.

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  21. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is possible that for some countries the US allows dual citizenship, however, my guess is that athletes either are an exception or have a special visa. With the "pledge of allegiance", which is part of the ceremony becoming a citizen, one officially drops their native citizenship.

unepommekun repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hi, guys: 7:30 in the morning here in Italy.

What link do you suggest for watching the game in streaming? (I checked: the public channel on my TV aren't going to show Japan-Canada :x3:).

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  24. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    In Germany the public channels show everything that they don't cover on TV on their website instead (e.g. ARD and ZDF, though I'm pretty sure they are geoblocked. Still worth a try, right?).

blissett repped this.
  25. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Sapporo Group E
    Just watched the other game in our group on live BBC TV
    F.T.....Chile 0 Manchester City 2 (otherwise known as Team GB)

Eight City players in starting line up...some pretty poor defending from Chile and rather surprisingly a poor game from the great Christine Endler

BBC also showing our game.Hope everybody manages to pictures

unepommekun and blissett repped this.