Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, the final 0-0 in OL-PSG should mean that Saki Kumagai too lost the chance to win a title.

2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Not yet. Last round's next week;
    PSG vs, Dijon (8th)
    Lyon vs. Fleury 91 (9th)

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am aware, but I actually can't believe Dijon can somehow stop PSG. Can you?

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In the next weeks, I will miss following Hasegawa playing with Milan. :unsure:

Hopefully I will soon follow Hasegawa play with Nadeshiko Japan! :)

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I don't think she will stay in Milan for long either way. :coffee:

6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Kitamura interview:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You want to win the "best party pooper" award? :devilish: Hasegawa playing in my town just for the exact period in time when I can't go watching her at the stadium and leaving as soon as the stadiums are going to re-open?

Lechus7 repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Highlights from the Coppa Italia's final. It's worth watching both Milan's and Roma's version of the highlights, since Roma's version cuts with most of Hasegawa's contributions (the beck-heel pass in the action finished with Fifi's shot, the middle-range shoot in the extra-time), but Milan's version only shows the last two PKs, while Roma's video has the full penalty shootout. Also, it's of course funny the way the commentators from either side root for their respective teams :giggle::

KAPIJXM and unepommekun repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As usual, a recap of the quite unexciting (at least for our players) matches that were played this week-end in NWSL:

- on Friday, the 28th: North Carolina Courage-Racing Louisville FC 5-0. Yuki Nagasato was on the pitch for the whole game (although I suppose she would have preferred to be somewhere else :x3:);

- on Sunday, the 30th: NJ/NY Gotham FC-Portland Thorns FC 0-1. Nahomi Kawasumi started and was subbed-out at 72', when the score was already set on 0-1.

- on Sunday, the 30th: OL Reign-Washington Spirit 0-1. Yuka Momiki not only had 0 minutes of playing time as usual, but she wasn't even listed on the bench: injured? Going to leave for good? o_O Saori Takarada didn't get playing time either, but at least she was on the bench; Kumi Yokoyama started at was subbed-out at HT, on a 0-0 score (the game would have been decided later by a Rapinoe's own-goal :sleep:).

pierre bezukhov and unepommekun repped this.
  10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Nadeshiko League highlight:

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    KAPIJXM, unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Happy that in the end the loss from the other week didn't stop them! :thumbsup:

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Nadeshiko Japan member vs Ukraine (10th June):

GK
    Ikeda, Yamashita, Hana

DF
    Kumagai, Doko, Shimizu, Miyagawa, Minami, Takarada, Takahashi

MF
    Nakajima, Hasegawa, Sugita, Miura, Shiokoshi, Hayashi, Kitamura, Kinoshita

FW
    Sugasawa, Iwabuchi, Tanaka, Momiki, Endo

14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1114 Lechus7, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Blissett will be crushed - Sameshima's out. ;)

My guess is that Stambaugh, Doko, Minami, Takarada, Takahashi, Hayashi, Kitamura, Kinoshita, Momiki aren't locked in. More than half of them will be cut.

Heh, outside of Stambaugh's Omiya, all domestic players are from Beleza, Urawa or INAC.

15. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not just Blissett. I also like to see the Shark play.
    On the other hand, Nadeshiko Japan eventually will need a replacement.

Ponde_Ringu, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I underline "eventually".

Lechus7, Ponde_Ringu and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  17. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
  18. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yes, why you must be the person behind the @WE_League_EN account :p

Here's my article about it, a bit more informative and correct. The CNN article is mistaken about the Taiwan stint, they never pushed through, hehe.

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/bolden-quezada-to-play-in-japan-we-league/209544

19. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    Unfortunately not the person behind that account. I was just lucky enough to be the first one to see their tweet.;)

Dernhelm repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, at what time will the game be? I'll have some work committments that day, and I wonder if I'll manage to watch the match.

21. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Big omission imo.....Hinata Miyazawa

unepommekun repped this.
  22. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    3:15pm I think.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Japan time, I suppose. That should mean a comfortable 8:15 for me in Europe. In this case, I guess I should manage to watch the game.

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  24. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    If Fuka Nagano has a good season she may buck the trend. Anybody else outside of the "big three" will probably struggle to get a look in. We will just have to see how some of the teams go this season.

Stambaugh, Minami and Kinoshita should be cut in my opinion. I really like Konoshita, but I would like to see her have another good season in the Nadeshiko League before sending her off to major competitions. I have been thinking that some of the young starlets get opportunities a little too quickly.

After that it gets trickier to cut players. I like Takahashi, Takarada and the Osaka women, so I would like them to go, but there are only so many players you can put in the squad.

I would also take Kobayashi over Momiki, but it looks like Rikako is out of favour.

Shiokoshi has been the form player over the last year, so where do they play her? Because I think she should be starting for Nadeshiko, but who do you drop to put her in the starting eleven?

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, bear with me for a moment: per the US boards, it looks like NWSL decided to publish, through Parkside Collectibles, a series of trading cards with all of the players from the league, including a Base Set and Promising Prospects.

Now, I searched the checklist for these trading cards and four of our Japanese players are included: #70 Saori Takarada, #130 Yuki Nagasato, #159 Naomi Kawasumi, #194 Kumi Yokoyama (not sure about what this order was chosen upon :cautious:).

Well, Yuka Momiki was clearly missing from that list. And she was also missing from the roster of OL-Reign's match from the last week-end. If 2+2 makes 4, shouldn't I infer that maybe our Yuka is parting ways with OL? What do you think, guys?