Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yesterday, Inter-Sassuolo 2-2. The score is a little disappointing for Sassuolo, who, after a bad 1st Half where they had gone behind by 1-0 and had risked taking other goals, had reversed the score in 2nd Half, only to have Inter equalize at 90'. :unsure:

Mana Mihashi played the full game, but it looks like she made some defensive mistakes; Nanoka Iriguchi was subbed-in at HT and, according to the good marks she received from the media, she gave a good contribution to Sassuolo's comeback.

Sassuolo keep their second place in the league, but they're now level with Roma, while Juventus, despite having to concentrate on Champions' League also (where they're probably going to reach quarter-finals) is far ahead by now (+8 points).

Highlights:

pierre bezukhov, unepommekun and KAPIJXM repped this.
  2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Empress's Cup third round highlights:

3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Good news; it will be aired in an internet live, I don't know if you can see it though.
    http://www.jfa.jp/match/empressscup_2021/tv.html

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, looks like Kurea Okino missed a PK, before finally scoring her goal! :eek: It could have been 8-0.

unepommekun repped this.
  5. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    unepommekun repped this.
  6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Iwabuchi scored an equalizer. OG? Really?

blissett repped this.
  7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's game:

WE League
    Jef vs Ohmiya 13:00

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, UEFA Women's Champions' League's Japanese-releated update (the games we're interested in were played on Wednesday):

- Hoffenheim needed a 4-goals-margin win to eliminate Arsenal and they went very close to that, since they won the match by 4-1. Arsenal's lonely goal in 1st Half, that temporarily equalized the German team's initial advantage, was scored from a rebound by no-one else than our Mana Iwabuchi, who was a starter in this important Champions' League game (or better, the official score lists it as an own-goal: give a look at highlights and tell me what's your opinion):

- Bayern München qualified very comfortably instead, through a 4-0 win vs Benfica. Saki Kumagai started and, judging by line-ups and highlights, she played in the midfield. Bayern, who had actually already qualified since last week, were anyway second-placed to OL, who also won their last match.

Since both Arsenal and Bayern München advanced as 2nd-placed teams, they'll have to meet one of the group-winners in the quarter-finals (except, of course, the one that was in their same respective group). So, in the upcoming draw, Arsenal could pick OL, PSG or Wolfsburg, while Bayern will get Barcelona, PSG or Wolfsburg.

Any way it goes, very difficult matches for our Japanese players abroad. :unsure:

KAPIJXM and unepommekun repped this.
  9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.

Free live streaming??........(nothing on the DAZN Japan You Tube site)

10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoffenheim needed a 5-goals-margin and after rewatching the goal several times I think it was likely an own goal. The ball is running in a straight line from Wienroither`s foot to the left side of the goal. If Iwabuchi had made the contact with the ball I would have expected the ball to either run in a curve or ends further right in the goal.

blissett repped this.
  11. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Chiba 1 Ohmiya 1
    Chiba were pretty lucky to get away with a draw today. Ohmiya scored a goal but it was deemed not to have entered Chiba's goal. As Kaihori said there is no goal line technology in the WE League.

Chiba started the best and looked dangerous. Kamogawa was again everywhere creating problems. But gradually Ohmiya came into the game and by the time they scored in the second half were the better team.

Ohmiya's short passing and one-touch play at times was very impressive and will perhaps make Twistal a convert. One of the key moments in the match was in the middle of the second half when Chiba had been dominating play, but Ohmiya were able to hold onto the ball for three to five minutes and it stamped out Chiba's momentum. Possession is a good thing.

However, Ohmiya still need to move the ball a bit more quickly in the opposition's half. They are still not threatening the goal enough. Both goals (disallowed goals count) came from speculative shots. It is a work in progress, but it looks really promising for them based off of this game.

Number 25 Murakami had a good game and was very important in linking up with everybody on the pitch. Nakada was not at her best, but having said that she did help to create two of the three best chances for Ohmiya. She was a bit too wasteful today.

Good game though.

As an aside note they are playing the two Empress Cup semi-finals near my house, but I probably will not be here, because I have to snowboard.

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any news about the schedule of the other catch-up matches from 11th match-day? :cautious:

13. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    No, nothing. The twelfth round is on the 5th of March, so I would assume they will play the remaining eleventh round games the week before, but I could be wrong.

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  14. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    The winter transfer window for the WE league is set to be from January 28th to February 25th. Given Japan's school system which ends its academic year sometime during march, this window will probably be where all the academy players are promoted or high school players are signed. Will also be interesting to see the moves from or to the Nadeshiko League.

15. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kumagai goal in Bremen

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Asseyi randomly punching coach Scheuer was a funny moment! :laugh:

Looks like Linda Dallmann would have deserved at least a goal.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No highlights available, at the moment, but on Saturday Sassuolo have been eliminated from Coppa Italia by Como (current leader of 2nd Division). The match ended 1-1, but Como advanced through a better goal difference.

Mana Mihashi started the game and at 76', a few minutes after Como equalized Sassuolo's initial advantage, she was replaced by Nanoka Iriguchi. The Japanese-on-Japanese change didn't make any relevant difference, though, and Sassuolo went out. :coffee:

Ponde_Ringu and unepommekun repped this.
  18. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    #3193 Ponde_Ringu, Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    Jun Endo is leaving Beleza to join newly formed Angel City FC in the NWSL. She will play in the Empress Cup before she leaves for the 2022 Season.

Her comments on the move

"There are a number of reasons I decided to make this move, but at Tokyo2020 I keenly felt that my technique, desire to score goals, hard work, and physicality were all inferior to players from other countries." o_O

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, unepommekun and 2 others repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Jef vs Ohmiya highlight:

We need goal line technology.o_O

20. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Great...

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I can understand how you feel. Just a few more transfers, and we could as well enroll Menina in WE League at Beleza's place... :unsure:

Ponde_Ringu repped this.
  22. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Yamashita, Hasegawa, Tanaka, Momiki, Miyazawa, Endo. A few more players and you can create a Top-3 starting 11 calibre team for WE League from players who left Beleza within those past couple of years...

Plus a few veterans like Sakaguchi and a few rotation players like Sumida, Sara Ito or Ibuki Hara and it's pretty much 11 players already...

The only transfers In were pretty much Kitamura and Endo who came and left now...

I just don't understand how they manage this team, based on which principles?... Grow young players, promote and let them go for free?...

Ponde_Ringu and blissett repped this.
  23. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Will she be another Japanese top player wasting time on the bench? None of the younger players made an impact in North America or actually just an imprint. The veterans of many NT games are/were actively playing (Kawasumi, Nagasato, Utsugi), but the youngsters...?

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  24. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  25. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Who knows? But she has not been starting for Beleza.

I am not sure they are going to miss her that much. She burst on the scene two years ago, but once players figured her out she has struggled to make much of a difference at Beleza. She just seems a bit one-dimensional. She has never been a regular starter.

I really think she suffered from being promoted a bit too quickly to the national team. It came a bit too easily for her. This is why I am happy about Kinoshita being left out of the national team at the moment, because she gets a chance to play regularly without the distraction of the national team.

But Endo is still very young and has tremendous potential so I hope she can make the most of her move. Though I worry about how much playing time she will get.

Ponde_Ringu repped this.