Official 2021 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    It's actually tomorrow :oops:

blissett repped this.
  2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    blissett, unepommekun and Lechus7 repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looks like, despite the shaking defense, Aston Villa managed to keep the lead 'till the end. :)

Next week they will probably be trashed by Manchester United, but I guess right now, with Iwabuchi, Aston Villa can at least compete with basically any team in FA WSL apart from the top 4.

I found the same video of Mana's goal @Lechus7 had in his tweet, but with a better definition, I guess (or at least it is for me):

KAPIJXM and unepommekun repped this.
  4. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Omiya announcement. Who is that next to the Shark:inlove:? Is that Sakaguchi the elder...?
    Nakada as radiant as always...:inlove:

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, the mascot is a squirrel? Funny. :giggle: Let's hope it can go along well with a Shark!

@Manchester Nadeshiko, how do you feel now that our respective favourite Nadeshiko players both play in the same team? From Beleza vs INAC to "Go Omiya!"? :p

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Kojima Hikaru ( from Jumonji), Nakada, Sameshima, Sakaguchi, Murakami Maho (from Waseda)

blissett and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  7. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    From the club profile

The squirrel has been adopted as something of a mascot for Omiya City (which in May 2001 became Saitama City) and "squirrel" in Spanish was selected as the name of the football club (the Spanish word for squirrel is actually ardilla, but in order to make it easier to pronounce correctly, the club name is spelled ARDIJA). The name was chosen in the belief that everyone, from children through to adults, feels a familiarity towards squirrels and by extension, the hope is that the club will be universally loved and develop close links with the region.

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much, @zaku_II! :) In fact sometimes it's difficult to recognize foreign names when they are adapted to Japanese spelling and I hadn't get at all that Ardija was Spanish!

Go squirrels!!! :laugh:

Lechus7 repped this.
  9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    It's very 'Parchal' isn't it.
    Seriously though I think it would be great to see the deity known as Mizuho Sakaguchi regularly on the pitch in more than a 'bit' part role again but we'll see.
    However can't see myself shouting "Go you squirrels" every weekend though.
    For my sins I remain 'green' (with a not so secret Ehime Ladies addiction)

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Milan-San Marino starts in 5 minutes, but apparently no Hasegawa :unsure:: according to the latest news she's not in the line up nor on the bench; not sure why, but apparently there is still something needed for her before officially adding her to the team.

On the other hand, Shiho Kunisawa should be regularly starting for San Marino, but it should be a very difficult match for her team in Milan.

unepommekun repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't have Sky Sport TV (that is streaming the match behind a paywall), so I am just follwoing the live-ticker. We're at 30', and it looks like it's only Milan so far, but they didn't find the break-through yet (the live-ticker claims that Milan seems to miss a player who can consistently deliver the last pass, the actual assist for the goal: I guess Hasegawa already has a role tailored for her :p).

Meanwhile, I am trying to understand why Hasegawa didn't join the team, but I didn't manage to find any reliable news. In a video that I found, a young journalist was saying something along the lines of: "We're going to see if she's going to debut against San Marino or in the return match of the Coppa Italia's clash vs Sassuolo", but he didn't give any hint at the possible reason to delay her debut... :cautious:

So, I am just going to leave you with one of the by-product of my search: a recent video of Hasegawa posing with different Milan AC kits and showing that she doesn't speak Italian, but she at least learnt to say "Forza Milan!" :giggle::

KAPIJXM repped this.
  12. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Stream just started, Mina Tanaka is on bench.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FT, Milan 4 San Marino 1

San Marino managed to keep the 0-0 for all of the 1st Half and went even ahead early in 2nd Half, but in the end I guess the difference in conditioning is similar to what used to happen in Nadeshiko League, when Beleza was wearing out minor teams and beating them late in 2nd Half.

Dowie scored a brace for Milan, but it was probably Vero Boquete who actually made most of the difference. Shiho Kunisawa played the whole game for San Marino, apprently with no sign of particular individual brilliance (but, as I told you, I only read live-ticker, didn't actually watch the match).

14. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    #264 datschge, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Mina finally on after 81min as the last sub, just with Leverkusen 0-5 down already against the former table neighbor. :rolleyes:

Edit: Bayer's defense so bad. 0-6.

Edit2: That's also the full time score and Bayer was lucky to not get even more. Mina did some good pressing movements, but I don't remember if she had any touches (certainly didn't get any service)...

blissett repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, not the ideal debut of your German experience, just watching your team crushed while you sit on the bench and being subbed-in to play 10 minutes when it's way too late to do anything... :cautious:

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Iwabuchi debuted in FA WSL when Villa was 0-6 down with Man C. ;)

Yes, very naive defending. I was hoping that Tanaka will be getting herself into better club in BL than Iwabuchi did with Villa in FA WSL but nope Leverkusen are nowhere near beeing an UWCL 3rd ticket contender.

Actually her first an only touch was spot on. She recived a hurried pass from defender and while beeing pressed still quickly passed on accurately to teammate - moving action forward.

Heh, let's see how quickly they move her as 10 ;)

17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  18. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Catching up. I can remember in this forum when they were first referred to as "The Beleza Kids"! My have they grown!:)

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Welcome back, @TabascoT: longtime no see! :)

We have other Sakaguchi's fans around these days and you are sure aware that she now switched from "Beleza kids" to Omiya Ardija. :giggle:

20. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be great to see Dream Ear getting some playing time. I follow the shark, bear, Iwabuchi, and some of the Beleza kids on Instagram. So I keep reasonably informed. but, I have to look in here for the details!!!:)

blissett repped this.
  21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    transfer info:

Suguri Hashitani (Nippon Sport Science University Fields Yokohama -> AC Nagano)

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile, the Birmingham derby (Birmingham City vs Aston Villa) that should have been played last Wednesday has been postponed because of the frozen pitch. Not sure if and when the catch-up match has been scheduled. It's a shame because it looked like a game that Aston Villa could comfortably compete in.

So, since there are no real "news" about Iwabuchi, I'll leave you with what her coach had to say after last week-end win vs Tottenham :coffee::

"She's been brilliant. She's the standout performer on the pitch. Great recruitment from the Club to get a player of that stature. It says what a job people at this Football Club are doing to get that type of player in. As good as she is on the ball, her work rate off the ball is exceptional. She's a great role model and example for our Academy kids. That's how you apply yourself on a daily basis."

23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    1360512355856052226 is not a valid tweet id

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hey guys,
    pardon the intrusion :p
    Lately, thanks for the fact that the boys are not playing I've been catching up a bit on the Nadeshiko side, also in light of the exciting new league.
    So as a complete newbie, I have a simple question: who are in your opinion the most promising young girls at the moment? Excluding the ones that are playing in Europe, that I kinda already know. When I say young, I don't mean necessarily super young, I mean like <24yr young perhaps?
    And last question, I'm curious, did anyone from the 2018 U20 WC "confirm" herself for example?
    I would like to look at some stuff on youtube :)
    Thanks!