Official: 2020 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Oct 8, 2019.

1. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What you say seems reasonable. But I would like to know how you rate Chicharito? Is he more of a Gio or a Keane? Will he struggle to get to double digits or challenge for the scoring title?

skydog repped this.
  2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Gio was a player who always flattered to deceive. Hernandez might fail with the Galaxy, it’s happened to better players on better teams, but his past performances and reputation are vastly superior to GdS.

3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I haven’t watched Chich play in couple years so Im not sure. He certainly was top notch from 2009-2017. He didnt tear things up at West Ham but I know his attitude will be 100% better than GDS. The only question is whether he still has the athleticism to be a dominant goal scorer.
    Don’t expect him to be an Ibra - few are. If I had to make a bet I would put him at a 20+\-3 goal scorer type player with a few assists thrown in. More would be a pleasant surprise, fewer a disappointment.

barroldinho and GalaxyOne repped this.
  4. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If Javier can provide the same production as Keano, then I'd be ecstatic.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  5. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Chicharito thrives when the coach and staff support him. He seems like a very emotional guy. He wears his heart on his sleeve.

His best stints (Manchester United and Leverkusen) are testaments to that.

His worst— under Moyes I think— at West Ham are worrisome, but he’s the highest paid player on our team. The attack is centered on him. The city will love and support him.

He’ll be fine. Let’s focus on the real problem— how do we avoid having to score 5 goals because the defense let in 4?

6. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I haven't watched him much, but when I have, notice his goals often seem to look more like "lucky" bounces rather than goal-of-the-week candidates. But that's a skill in its own right, and they all count, so if he gets to around 20, that would definitely be more like Keane, so would be a success. If he gets a few more than 20, I will consider him an upgrade over Zlatan based other aspects to the game I believe he will bring to the team. Like running, defending and attitude. Hope he still can bring it.

skydog repped this.
  7. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You are right about his scoring style - think Wondo, but better.

barroldinho and TrickHog repped this.
  8. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

He would miss the first two games of the season but I'll take it.

9. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    In a heart beat.

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most promising thing about this signing is that his current club doesn't want him to leave. That speaks well of the player....

I suppose in hindsight we should have been suspicious when Skjkljldk's old team had the meeting to discuss him potentially signing for the Galaxy at the airport just outside the departure gate for the next non-stop flight to Los Angeles...

11. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

Green card coming for Rolf? With one international spot open, we would be able to sign Franco.

mbar, natfaninla and TrickHog repped this.
  12. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    John Rojas says Franco is coming to the Galaxy after his team's run is over in SuperLiga Argentina

GalaxyOne, hav77, Dr.Phil and 4 others repped this.
  13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Great news if true.

14. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sad news for him. Interesting he went back out in half #2 after initially hurting it in half 1.

However, correct me if I’m wrong, but timing is good for us right? We haven’t submitted our season roster yet so we shouldn’t be on the hook for his cap space or roster spot or anything right?

Maybe we can find another depth left back.

15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man that sucks for him. I think we can file something that will get us back the roster spot but not sure about the cap space (although I don't think he was that big of a hit).

16. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I wish a good recovery for Danilo.

That said, I don't think it will hurt us too much. Acosta was our worst defender in our preseason game against New England (though he was not terrible) and we have another great prospect at LB, who might already be better than him : Diedie Traore.

ProudNatRN and TrickHog repped this.
  17. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

What a great news if this is true. I was afraid Pavon will be sold to Europe by Boca after a great year with us. I'm OK to build a team around Araujo, Franco, Jona, Seba, Pavon and Chicharito in the next few years.

ShortyMac, ProudNatRN, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Looks we picked up an int'l slot with Feltscher's recent trip to Italy (presumably for a consular processing interview to get approved for the green card). Occupying a domestic spot makes Rolf a better value for the squad.

ShortyMac, ProudNatRN, TrickHog and 4 others repped this.
  19. footballfantatic

Mar 27, 2008
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is huge news! It smashes the previous MLS transfer record.

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  20. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what the actual number is. This twitter account has a decent track record but I thought Baxter was pretty clear the other day that the amount was much lower then this.

footballfantatic repped this.
  21. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm kind of ambivalent about this. It's not my money, so in some sense I don't really care, but it only make sense if we intend to flip him. Atlanta managed one big sale but MLS doesn't have a great record in general.

TrickHog repped this.
  22. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Greg Seltzer puts out his list of 5 best MLS players at each position. We get three: JDS as 4th best DM, Pavon as 3rd best LW and Chicharito as 3rd best forward. While I disagree with some of his ordering I think he is accurate about which of our players should be on the lists. Hopefully we get Franco and he is a top 5 CB, giving us a spine of four such players.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020...layers-every-position-ahead-2020-greg-seltzer

WarGalaxy, ProudNatRN and ragbone repped this.
  23. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL. You can tell it's an official MLS piece by how "deep" they talk about the defensive positions being.

Beirut repped this.
  24. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’re right, the ordering is a bit off. Also JDS is miscategorized as a DM. However i think I Lletget should be ranked. I would slot him in as the #5 CM over Taider.

25. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get it over the line DTK!

barroldinho, AZUL GALAXY, Beirut and 2 others repped this.