Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    2004, 2009, 2014, 2020....Congrats!
    Zrzut ekranu 2020-11-08 083314.jpg

2. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    In these trying times (Covid) it was great to see they were able to have their big day in front of what looked and sounded like a sizeable crowd......Congrats to all Reds

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yesterday's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Iga 0-1 Albi (Kamionobe)
    Urawa (Osafune, Shiokoshi, Mizutani, Naomoto, Ando) 5-1 Ehime (Ueno)
    Beleza (Endo) 1-1 Cerezo (Koyama)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Yamato (Kishi, Hori) 2-0 Nittaidai
    Bunnys 0-1 Nippatsu (Nagashima)
    Setagaya (Seno, Horie, Nagasaki) 3-1 Orca (Kinga)

Challenge League
    Nagoya (Takebayashi) 1-0 Tsukuba

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, sbahnhof and 2 others repped this.
  4. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    WK-League: Today's the match to decide the South Korean finalist - the clubs in 2nd and 3rd have their playoff. On the home side, Asuna Tanaka (No.4) is up against Suwon WFC's Madoka Haji (No.5). All three games in the league were 1-0 wins for Gyeongju, who did spectacularly well to almost top the 2020 table, and have reached 12 wins in a row, without scoring so highly. But last year, Haji's Suwon team were the playoff victors, 2-0.

Live stream: Gyeongju KHNP v Suwon WFC - (Kickoff: Mon 09:00 GMT, 18:00 JST)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xjA4M1TFYg
    [​IMG]

As usual, Haji has made a beautiful photoshop promo, but can you spot her deliberate mistake? It's quite provocative, but, brava...

The final is on Thurs 12th & Mon 16th Nov, it's a 2-leg contest against Incheon.

Also on the Tweeter, a list of season stats for Nanase Kiryu, whose team Changnyeong finished 5th:
    www.twitter.com/Que_sera_diez/status/1317238831192526848

5. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tanaka Yoko was slightly injured because got a hug by some big teammate just after the game.:laugh:

blissett repped this.
  6. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    1. Shiokoshi
    2. Ueno
    3. Kawashima

8. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    This was the first game she has started this season. Given that Huelva had lost all four games prior to this match it was probably time the manager went with something different.

Huelva's midfield is actually not that bad, but how on earth they can leave Yoko on the bench is absolutely beyond me. I know I am biased and she did not play that well against Atletico, but it was better than anybody else from Huelva, except maybe for Kanteh on the right. She is just class and what little opportunity with the ball she gets she usually does something with it. They are still sticking her out on the wing.

Her ability to control the ball in tight spaces makes her such a valuable member of that team. Early on in the game the Atletico right back (Grace Kazadi from Lyon no less) charged at Yoko in an attempt to close her down when she had the ball - thinking she could force Yoko to turn the ball over - but Yoko flicks the ball past her and draws a foul from Kazadi. She made her look pretty bad.

Just from that one move she created a little bit more space for herself, because Kazadi realises she can't just panic Yoko into a mistake like most of the other players for Huelva.

The big difference between the Spanish league and the Nadeshiko League is the difference in skill. The midfielders and forwards are all fairly skillful for most teams in the Spanish League, but some of the defenders are technically so deficient compared to the Nadeshiko League. Huelva's are really bad at passing and dribbling. It is kind of surprising sometimes.

Anyway, I will leave it at that, because it was just great to see her play. God only knows when we will see her again given the randomness of coverage in Spain.

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Not an easy selection; I'll go with:

1) Yuzuho Shiokoshi in Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies vs Ehime FC Ladies (I am not actually sure it was the best goal of the week-end, but it is also some kind of a way by my part to celebrate a well-deserved title for Urawa :giggle:; it was anyway a fine action, with an excellent control and an excellent strike);

2) Mami Ueno in Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies vs Ehime FC Ladies (I know it's almost blasphemy, but such a flip from CK action is almost reminiscent of the goal scored by a certain Homare Sawa in a certain final match from 2011, that I recently rewatched for the one millionth time... :ninja:);

3) Mai Kyokawa in INAC Kobe Leonessa vs Nojima Stella Kanagawa Sagamihara (the number of defensive blunders Sameshima is making these days is actually embarassing :oops::oops::oops:; but she somehow made up for that with two wonderful crosses in the box and Kyokawa connected with the second one of these by a spectacular diving header).

10. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    3 points - Shiokoshi vs. Ehime
    2 points - Kyokawa vs. Nojima
    1 point - Ueno vs. Urawa

11. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    WK-League: Don't let Madoka Haji fool you with her excellent editing skills...

Deliberate mistake time! Madoka Haji digitally added an extra star to her club's logo ★★ But the real Suwon badge has only one star...

[​IMG]

Such confidence from her! Suwon were the Korean champions in 2010, but she was very keen for her team to add a star for 2020. (I mean, frankly, I don't think they should in any case, the star thing is ridiculous and makes football jerseys look like a movie poster...)
    BUT ANYWAY... Was Haji right? Would Suwon go to the final? Or would Asuna Tanaka's Gyeongju KHNP edge them out again? Here are Monday's playoff match highlights:

And the final (1st leg) is live tomorrow, Thursday.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    For Urawa fans (are there someone here?:p):

KAPIJXM and sbahnhof repped this.
  13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Goal of the week contest.

Choose three best goals from each round and award it with points:

the best - 3pts
    2nd best - 2pts
    3rd best - 1pts

16th round highlights

My pick:

Kyokawa vs. Nojima.... ........3pts
    Mariko Tanaka vs Mynavi.... 2pts
    Ueno vs. Urawa.................... 1pt

Current standings:

Shiokoshi...........9 pts
    Kyokawa............6 pts
    Ueno..................6 pts
    Mariko Tanaka...2 pts
    Kawashima........1 pt

voted by: unepommekun, blissett, KAPIJXM, Lechus7

blissett repped this.
  14. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Shiokoshi.............3pts
    Ueno.....................2pts
    Kyokawa...............1pt

blissett repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wanted to send the picture of Ando after the match to Mumf (who wasn't an Urawa fan, since he was rooting for Belle instead, but for sure was a Kozue Ando's fan), but he's no longer registered on BigSoccer (neither And G is). :(

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We tend to agree more often than not with this weekly charts, @Manchester Nadeshiko! :giggle::thumbsup:

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, I found your idea of giving everyone of us a "bonus goal" to choose among the ones that didn't win their weekly contest quite neat: I saw that you've already chosen yours, but I assumed that it was possible to wait for the end of the league to select it; am I right? I already have a particular goal in my mind, but I was wondering if I have to express it right away or if I can wait (or maybe I could express it as a reminder, as the choice of the moment that can be anyway changed along the way?).

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How many players who won 2009's title still are in this year's rosters? Just Ando or any other also?

19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    I think only Ando.
    The other important members were Kumagai, Yano, Yamgo, Kitamoto, Yanagita...maybe

blissett repped this.
  20. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League (all games start at 13:00)
    Mynavi vs Urawa
    Nojima vs Iga
    Albi vs Beleza
    Ehime vs Jef

Challenge League
    Shizuoka vs NORD 11:00
    Tsukuba vs JFA 14:00

21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1821 Lechus7, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    it's what I did in order for not to forget - there's no time frame really

On another topic right now I'm compiling players stats from this season of Nadeshiko League. One of the people behind Guardian top 100 asked me about it and I couldn't point him for anything beyond NL official page thus I decided to compile it myself.

After looking on some numbers I have to say that Beleza was doomed not to succeed almost from the get go this season...the sheer number of injuries and player absence (quarantne for safety reason perhaps) along with it poor timings has really undone them. Imagine that there was a match in this season where they didn't had a substitute GK on the bench!

I'll post the doc when it's ready but here are some highlights (after 16 rounds)

name - minutes - apperances/starts - goals - assists - shots - conversion ratio

Naomoto Hikaru - 920min - 14 app / 14st - 5 goals - 10 ass - sh 37 - cr:13,5%

Sugasawa Yuika - 1225min - 15 app / 14 st - 16 goals - 1 ass - sh 60 - cr: 26,7%

Ando Kozue - 652min - 15 app / 2 st - 4 goals - 0 ass - sh 12 - cr: 25%

Tanaka Mina - 1413min - 16 app / 16 st - 11 goals - 5 ass - sh 43 - cr: 25,6%

Ueki Riko - 919min - 14app / 12 st - 4 goals - 0 ass - sh 29 - cr: 13,7 %

Kobayashi Rikako - 1261min - 14app / 14 st - 13 goals - 3 ass - sh 32 - cr: 40,6%

Hasegawa Yui - 1493min - 16app / 16 st - 7 goals - 7 ass - sh 33 - cr: 21,2%

Miyazawa Hinata - 779min - 16app / 7 st - 6 goals - 5 ass - sh 26 - cr: 23,1%

Endo Yun - 1041min - 13app / 11 st - 6 goals - 3 ass - sh 17 - cr: 35,3%

Player that impressed me the most:

Kinoshita Momoka - 922min - 15app / 9st - 2 goals - 5 ass ...17 year and 8 months old

INAC's almost 20 year old Mizuno Fukina - 1002min - 13 app / 10 st - 2goals - 1 ass... is also a one to keep an eye for the future.

Other fun fact Beleza playing roster has average age 20,9

datschge, Lohmann, sbahnhof and 3 others repped this.
  22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Goal of the week (16th round)

Winner:

Yuzuho Shiokoshi (Urawa Red Diamonds) 12 pts

Ueno..................8 pts
    Kyokawa............7 pts
    Mariko Tanaka...2 pts
    Kawashima........1 pt

voted by: unepommekun, blissett, KAPIJXM, Lechus7, Manchester Nadeshiko

Previous round winners:

1st round Mayo Doko (NTV Beleza) / Saori Takarada (Cerezo Osaka Sakai) 6 pts
    2nd round Yuzuho Shiokoshi (Urawa Red Diamonds) 11 pts
    3rd round Mana Iwabuchi (INAC Kobe Leonessa) 13 pts
    4th round Mina Tanaka (INAC Kobe Leonessa) 13 pts
    5th round Yuki Mizutani (Urawa Red Diamonds) 11 pts
    6th round Yui Hasegawa (NTV Tokyo Verdy Beleza) 15 pts
    7th round Yui Hasegawa (NTV Beleza) / Yuika Sugasawa (Urawa Reds) 13 pts
    8th round Ami Sugita (Iga FC Kunoichi) 13pts
    10th round Mami Ueno (Ehime FC) 12 pts
    11th round Hikaru Naomoto (Urawa Reds) 12 pts
    12th round Yui Hasegawa (NTV Beleza) 17 pts
    13th round Miyu Yakata (Cerezo Osaka Sakai) 13 pts
    14th round Mizuki Saihara (Ehime FC Ladies) 13 pts
    15th round Chihiro Yamaguchi (Ehime FC Ladies) 11pts
    16th round Ami Otaki (JEF Utd. Ichihara Chiba) 12 pts

23. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Would you please check Koyama and Hamano, too?
    U17 Little Nadeshiko next year is called a diamond generation, maybe:p.

blissett repped this.
  24. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Albi v Beleza.......Yamashita back for Beleza

25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Hamano Maika - 1306min - 16 app / 15 st - 5 goals - 6 ass - 16 years 6 months old
    Koyama Fumino - 1420min - 16 app / 12 st - 1 goal - 0 ass - 15 years 10 months old

Impressive stats... but it's to be expected as Cerezo is the new Beleza ;)
    Osaka playing roster is also close to U20 on average

blissett and unepommekun repped this.