Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Beleza defenders: Ld - Left Winger who can't defend. Cd - A kid who plays her first professional season. Rd - barely healthy mix of 2 band average barely playing defenders and another veteran filling holes.

Against a world-class Iwabuchi and decent Tanaka. All square chances came from Beleza kids losing a ball and direct passes through the middle of Beleza's embarrassing defence. No combinations, no possession, nothing. Wait for a mistake and long ball through the middle. If that's all that such an established team can do, this is a tragedy for Japanese football.

p/s I was raised on examples like Roy Keane etc. You score against the club who made you in front of home crowd and instead of putting your arms up with respect, you start celebrating...I guess you have to play football to understand such things. That's the difference between club legends and football "frauds".

Japanese football is too soft in a way, which is another big gap comparing to Europe. You have to fight for your team, you need real character. How you can allow those soft goals is beyond me.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually that's one of the thing that conquered me about Japanese women's football. :) Being a sport, to me, is much more important than winning at all costs, and frankly I couldn't bear anymore the "macho" culture that was reigning almost everywhere in men's football.

And, before you ask, no, I don't think that my cult for sportmanship contradicts my impression that Mina Tanaka was allowed some form of simple, not exaggerated celebration against her former team without looking like a "traitress". :giggle:

KAPIJXM repped this.
  3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Beleza (Kobayashi) 1-2Inac (Tanaka, Iwabuchi)
    Urawa (Naomoto, Sugasawa) 2-1 Iga (Michigami)
    Cerezo (Yakata, Hayashi) 2-2 Mynavi (Sato, Hamada)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Nittaidai 0-5 Orca (Urashima 2, Minamiyama, Saito, Nakajima)
    Chifure (Kawano) 1-2 Nagano (Nakamura, Fujita)

Challenge League
    Niigata (Kikawa) 1-1 Tsukuba (Odagiri)
    NORD (Minato) 1-2 JFA (Matsukubo 2)
    Speranza (Watanabe, Morisako, Sawada) 3-0 Belle
    Shizuoka (Takashima) 1-2 Nagoya (Miura, Takebayashi)
    Anclas (Kato, Yanagita) 2-0 Cerezo Girls
    Ange Violet (Kawasaki) 1-0 Kibi

4. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Ehime vs Nojima 13:00
    Jef vs Albi 16:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Bunnys vs Setagaya 14:30
    Jumonji vs Yamato 15:00
    Nippatsu vs Harima 15:00

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, there is no Division 2's matchday without surprise results! :eek:

This time it's new leaders of Chifure losing at home to Nagano just one week after replacing AS Harima Albion at the top.

An "interesting" league, to say the least. :coffee:

6. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Absoulutely, Iga deserves at least a draw. They started very good as always, then after 15-20 minutes Urawa started to dominate posession but nothing more, and then after a silly and unnecesary foul, Naomoto shows her abbilities in dead balls (althought I think GK could have done a little more, she slighly touches the ball). Iga almost had no posession last part of first half, but 1-0 was not a fair result at all. Then in 2nd half things went better, even after Michigami's goal Iga looked better than Urawa and have some little chances, but in a 2 on 1 attack, they lost the ball foolishly and then Urawa take advantage of the situation and scored the second. Again a well worked game ends in a loss and that really pissed me of, althought this score is very good for Urawa's league championship fight (I prefer them before Beleza or INAC) is really frustrated watching Iga's fighting almost every game (except Beleza's one) and always tying or losing by a little margin.

7. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    I do like that aspect of Japanese football culture as well BUT! You playing against INAC, a lot of supporters came in this terrible weather etc, and this is your attitude towards the game which can keep you in championship race? Embarrassing...

Without their only 2 leaders out of 3 (Doko and Shimizu) this team looks, I don't even know what word to use...The only player who cares a little bit is Ariyoshi, that's it...

INAC celebrated this victory like they won a world cup, Beleza players didn't even care.

p/s another fact that Good Physical central forward can win you any game. Sugasawa won so many points for Urawa simply because she is a strong tall footballer. Imagine Beleza crossing on Sugasawa for 90 minutes, how you can even stop that? Overall Japanese league took a step back, National Team will be in danger against non-Asian teams.

8. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I know you like Beleza, and are enthusiastic about its players, but the two goals scored by INAC came from missed passes by two experienced, national team members in Hasegawa and Miura.

I am not going to blame Miura for the goal, because it was a positive pass to Ueki that was cut out by Mizuno (?). However, I agree it was way too easy that second goal for INAC. It was kind of like watching some of the goals Beleza have been scoring against their opponents recently.

But you have to credit Miki Ito for making a delicate pass to Tanaka, because she could have passed it back or kicked it long to Iwabuchi. The first goal though came from a bad pass from Hasegawa and a fantastic chip over the defence from Sakaguchi. In the end good, skillful football from INAC.

blissett repped this.
  9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1284 Manchester Nadeshiko, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Presume you're waiting for Ehime Nojima start...me too...I really am turning into an 'Ehime junkie'..... it's 4.50 am here.
    6th against the bottom team...on paper spells away win about to get underway

sbahnhof repped this.
  10. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Matsubara in defence does not bode well for Nojima, because she should be in midfield. Though we get to see Chihiro Ishida, who is always entertaining for the wrong reasons.

This is a very experimental lineup for Nojima.

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  11. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1286 Manchester Nadeshiko, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    13 mins in Ehime 0 Nojima 0.....this is a very 'physical' game

update.......Ehime 0 Nojima 1...Ishida...after a 'comedy spell' from Ehime

blissett repped this.
  12. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  13. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Not to get too mawkish, but the smile on a person's face when they score their first goal is always nice to see. Who knew Ishida would be the difference?

14. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T. Ehime 0 Nojima 1
    Observation....lot of players hitting the deck but not much whistle blowing,,,,,brilliant camera work is making this very watchable

Lechus7 repped this.
  15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Minamino (PK)

16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Matsumoto goal

17. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Ehime 0 Nojima 2 (pen)... Minamino.....irony....one of the few times the whistle blows

update....Ehime 1 Nojima 2

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  18. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I was going to say before they scored that Ehime were a bit unlucky to go behind, because they have come into the game a lot more in the second half.

The penalty was a bit soft, but I think she got Minamino's legs and Minamino didn't try very hard to stay on her feet.

19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Is that called 'doing a Sugasawa'?

blissett, Lechus7 and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yes. Though it was not as bad as the one yesterday. Contact on the legs is pretty hard to turn down for a ref.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  21. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Ueno equalizer

blissett repped this.
  22. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Ehime 2 Nojima 2.....brave Ueno header

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  23. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #1298 Manchester Nadeshiko, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    F.T. Ehime 2 Nojima 2
    Despite that being by a considerable distance the worst refereed game of the season it was a great viewing experience.Great game

Correct me if I am wrong but I imagine Nojima people were expecting to come down and sharpen their teeth on Ehime.
    Can I suggest that if Tanaka had not been so 'timid' in front of goal on two occasions the game would have had a completely different outcome.
    Fair result.....I just love watching the way Ehime try and play the game.That was well worth the 5am start

edit....poorly refereed from both teams point of view

KAPIJXM, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  24. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Well that was a very entertaining game to watch. In general nice and open with some good play. The ref also let the game go, which the way it should be if the game is being played in the right way.

From a Nojima perspective it was quite a random starting lineup due to injuries, but it wasn't a bad performance. They probably should have made more of their opportunities in the first half. Nojima only had five substitutes for the game, so I thought it was a little strange Takano took both Tanaka and Kawashima off. Kawashima especially could have stayed on.

But Chihiro Ishida played really well today - easily her best game so far - so I hope she continues to improve. I think she has got so much potential, but she has got a long way to go.

I liked Chihiro Yamaguchi for Ehime. She is a very tidy player with what looks like a good football brain. Also Mizuki Saihara also impressed me with her skill. She did some very nice little passes and dribbles. I think she could do quite well overseas.

25. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I thought the ref had a good game, but I prefer matches where the game is let go as long as both teams are playing with the right intent. Also in Australia football is a lot rougher stemming from AFL and not wanting to look soft.

I don't think Nojima came down here expecting to win, especially with Matsubara in defence. But because Minamino was on the wing - not a bad idea to try - it meant that there were no natural strikers up front. For me Kawashima had open header, which she should have done a lot better with, but I doubt she heads the ball in front of goal all that often.