Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #776 Lechus7, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Welcome on the forum.:)

I missed 1st half of this match but Beleza's 2nd half performance was worth 2 or 3 goals of which they scored 2. They fought hard for it and they got it - that;s my take.
    My impression is Ueki and Kobayashi lack Tanaka's physical prowess. I wonder if moving Endo as centre forward would change things. Miyazawa as supersub is very effective but I'd like to see her play at this level for full 90.

EDIT

Cerezo's on top of the league is really something, especially if one reacall that 5 years ago they played in 3rd division.

2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Orca (Nakashima, Kinga) 2-2 Chifure (Yuumura, Arakawa)

3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Queen Arakawa (vel King Kazu) ;) she's 41 and still rocking!

blissett repped this.
  4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #779 Manchester Nadeshiko, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020

I hear what you say.Its quite ridiculous to say a team did or didn't 'deserve' whatever.If one team scores two goals and the opposition score two goals it's a drawn game end of story.If a goal is later seen to be offside for example then you could argue a team did or didn't 'deserve' whatever but obviously that wasn't the case today. I know it's a completely irrational response to talk of 'deserving' or not 'deserving' a result.
    I know it's emotional waffle and I appreciate it makes my opinion less valid that it otherwise would be but if watching my team didn't provoke emotions I probably wouldn't watch them.

Almost forgot....Welcome Twistal

Lechus7, unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    First of all, welcome here on the Nadeshiko thread (and on BigSoccer in general), @Twistal. :) It's very nice to add contributions to this thread, because in the end the little group of us who are regulars here could become some kind of a echo chamber with time, so it's good that our opinions are challenged. Actually, I'd say that what we miss here these days is some (friendly, indeed :giggle:) clash of opinions, to enrich the scope of the discussion (for instance, if you're really reading us "for ages", maybe you do remember And G's pointy remarks and how they were spurring the discussion here).

About the point at hand, I must admit that I missed the whole 1st Half of Beleza-Albirex today, because I was following Urawa-Cerezo instead, and after that, since it was lunch time here in Italy, I watched the 2nd Half from time to time only, so I'm probably not the most qualified to answer to you.
    What I saw in the portions of the 2nd Half that I watched, though, was a team that, despite good possession, didn't seem very focused on finishing well their actions: of course, they denied me in the last minutes of the game.

I never said that Nadeshiko NT should get rid of Beleza players, on the contrary I expressed some worry because I am aware that they are the backbone of our NT and most of them (Hasegawa, Ueki, Endo, etc.) are there to stay. On one hand, the fact that Beleza use to score late in the game is a testament to their excellent physical fitness; on the other hand, always having to chase games in the last minutes is not a good spot to be in and maybe something can be done to defend better.
    I am also aware that the possession game Beleza plays has been the trademark of our NT for ages. On the other hand, our recurring problems in most international tournaments have been with scoring and I guess this is reflected by the domestic league also.

Not sure if I managed to tackle some of your points: it would be good if you could elaborate a little more about the features of Beleza's players and Beleza's gameplay that you feel are more relevant for this discussion.

unepommekun repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Also, I'd acknowledge Kinga's goal too: 2011 World Champions still rock! :giggle:

Lechus7 repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Keep staying safe, @Manchester Nadeshiko! We're going to win this battle together.

Nadeshiko League re-starting has revived our thread and we're proudly here to deliver the most friendly environment to discuss everything Japanese-women's-football-related. :ninja:

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  8. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Exactly.

Not only it has been the trademark of the NT for ages, but it also will continue to be this way. Why? Because the Japanese NT has no other choice.

Let's say Japan is playing Olympic tournament tomorrow, against England, USA or France. Guess what is the only way to get a result from those games? To sit back 10 players behind the ball as Albi did? Unfortunately, this is a suicidal approach against those "Monsters". They will outrun you, press you, kick you (literally) etc. All you can do is to put "Beleza" on a pitch against them and help them with a few "world-class" players on positions where Beleza is not that strong. Kumagai on CB (preferably with Doko, at least she can pass as all of them apart from Saki can't defend on the international level anyway), someone else on LB (Probably no such player exist), plus Nakajima (too experienced and intelligent to play in any system) Iwabuchi (same), maybe a few more players if fit (1 DM a few candidates such as prime Sugita) plus 1 CF (unfortunately doesn't exist as well, unless you just playing Iwabuchi on top).

Bad news for all of your other candidates and their perspective to play for the NT. Too many mistakes on the ball when you start to play the "Beleza" style of football. You have to play it day in and day out or you have no chance to control the tempo against USA and the rest of them.

On the other hand, yeah, Beleza will struggle this season. Blame the NT for that, seriously. Otherwise, get back Momiki and sign any African/European
    World Class CF (such as Oshoala) and no-one will touch Beleza for another 5 years. No-One.

Otherwise, every team in Japan were studying how to stop Beleza for years now and unfortunately, they only found 1 boring solution which is not benefiting the NT that much.

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  9. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not so whooops at the end :p

10. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    They had a great game.Congrats

11. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think I could watch parts of the 3 games, it seems they were quite good. I have the feeling that this could be the more open league in years.

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile Saki Kumagai just won another Coupe de France with OL mere minutes ago: she started and played the whole game in the final vs Paris Saint-Germain.

The game ended 0-0, so a penalty shootout was needed to decide it. Uncharacteristically, Saki wasn't part of the 5 penalty-takers for OL, but her team managed to win anyway. :p Maximum drama when PSG's Chilean GK Christiane Endler brilliantly saved a PK by Le Sommer and then immediately took a PK herself, but she sent it crashing on the crossbar. So the decider was last PSG's PK, that was taken by a young player who basically mentally collapsed making Bouhaddi's save quite easy.

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So, in the end, 4 matches out of 5 ended in a draw in Nadeshiko League Division 2 this week.

The only exception is Yokohama's derby, that sent Seagulls up at 5th place alone and Nittaidai at a sudden last place, because of their abysmal goal difference (-7! :x3:).

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The defense is a sour problem in our Senior NT indeed, these days.

I guess one of the problems is that, apart from Kumagai who went playing abroad when she was just 21, we don't use to have Defenders who get the invaluable experience of playing in international leagues. A few years ago Yuuri Kawamura had tried the NWSL experience, only to get back home soon after with a double ACL injury! :x3: We have quite a number of MFs and FWs getting international experience in leagues abroad (heck, even some GKs, although Yamane's experence in Spain didn't add much to the NT pool, nor did Matsubayashi in Italy 6 or 7 years ago), but, outside of the generation from 2011 (Kumagai, Sameshima, Kinga have all played in other countries), we send no Defenders to "academic trips" abroad.

And now, as you point out, out pool is thin and not much reliable. Who do you pair with Kumagai? Apart from Doko that you mention, in the latest years we have tried Nana Ichise, Shiori Miyake, Moeka Minami... Maybe this last one has been the most promising, since she's so young and still have potential to grow, but of course she has to raise her game: being U-20 World Champion is not enough when you have to defend the big threats in Senior teams, and she has already showed some blunders at that level.

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    JEF-Ehime now on. We're at 3' and still 0-0:

sbahnhof and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  16. Twistal

Twistal Member

NTV Beleza
    Feb 3, 2018
    Personally I will try Doko, simply because she has good chemistry with other players around her. If not, you have to stick with Ichise and Miyake, at least they both used to that pressure (more or less).

Still, you can't do much without a world-class CF, which is even a bigger problem...

If Japan wants to win something I can give them some advice for free ! )

1) Bring a few good strikers who are playing in Europe to Japan, go naturalisation route, problem solved )

2) Send Iwabuchi to Beleza, bring back Momiki and let them play together for a season. Then, just put Hasegawa, Miura, Sugita in the middle. Endo/Miyazawa/Nakajima/Momiki wider (Maybe even Momiki in the middle Hasegawa left-wing) and Iwabuchi on top and just play Men's Spanish NT style of football with total control.

AND NEVER EVER! Play Sugosawa on top in this system against good teams. I just don't understand what she supposed to do against those teams. She is only tall enough and strong enough to play as a lamp pole in Asia. If you trying to move the ball quicker and play short passes, playing Sugosawa it's just awful... Last WC I was watching her play and I were crying as my eyes hurt so much ((

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't remember that we had comment in previous games: or is it just my bad memory?

Anyway I appreciate the game being called (also, in a very simple way, that's well understandable even to me... things like "JEF boru des(u)", "hidari-sido sebango jyu-ichi..." or English words like "corner-kick", "cross", "header"...) :coffee:

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't remember that we had comment in previous games: or is it just my bad memory?

Anyway I appreciate the game being called (also, in a very simple way, that's well understandable even to me... things like "JEF boru des(u)", "hidari-sido sebango jyu-ichi..." or English words like "corner-kick", "cross", "header"...) :coffee:

unepommekun repped this.
  19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T. Jeff 0 Ehime 0....Bit of a chess game this one?

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    JEF-Ehime 0-0 at HT.

I would have expected a slight supremacy by JEF, but despite their offensive pressing I'd say it's Ehime who mostly held the possession.

Neither team was particularly dangerous, anyway.

I'll probably miss part of 2nd Half. since I'll have lunch 30/45 minutes from now.

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Otaki out but Kamogawa in, at 70', after hydration break.

I would have actually started both.

22. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T. Jeff 0 Ehime 0

I suspect Ehime will be the happier than Jeff with the 1 point .

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    0-0 FT (s[o]korelesse draw, the announcer repeats)

I actually ended up only missing most of the final 20 minutes, but I doubt anything relevant happened during them.

Apart from some isolated offensive efforts, the two teams looked quite happy to share the points.

24. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yeah I think they will be happier with the result. But I think a draw was a fair result. JEF were poor in the first half with far too many long balls to nowhere while Ehime handled JEF's pressing very well I thought, though they did very little with the ball when they got it into the final third.

But in the second half JEF calmed down a lot and started working the ball more with quicker short passing and running. Narumiya also was much more involved in the second half and played a lot better than the first half. I know I keep bainging Narumiya, but even when playing badly (in the first half she was poor) her work rate is phenomenal and she is fast.

25. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    The last twenty minutes was probably the most entertaining.