Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    INAC in the end won quite comfortably. They are pretty solid in defence and have a lot of class up front now. They also have an attacking plan and they are using a lot of their weapons well. But JEF put them under a lot of pressure in the first half and although they did not handle it particularly well INAC defended well to limit JEF's opportunity.

Getting Nakajima back helped them a lot by the looks of it. INAC have such a nice run this season. They have started against Iga and Ehime with JEF being their first real challenge. They don't play Urawa for another two weeks. They could conceivably be on fifteen points at that time.

The main difference between the two teams is just class of player. INAC have some very good players, but not one or two but three or four and Iwabuchi. When Iwabuchi decides to play she is incredibly good. The goal today is a very good example of this.

JEF have Narumiya who is class then you got Chiba and Kamogawa. But after that JEF just has some incredibly industrious players who work hard as a team.
    It is good to watch. The manager Sarusawa has continued on with the good work that Fujii did last season. They are not perfect and they need to work on their defending of corners, but they play as a team!

JEF are doing a lot with not that much. I hope they keep it going. They have had a tough start to the season with Urawa and INAC in the first three games, but they have a few easier games coming up so I hope they make the most of them.

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, unepommekun and 2 others repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What worries me, in a NT perspective, is that Beleza are still the backbone of our Nadeshiko National Team, so I want to see them do better that that! :devilish:

Wow, while I write that Kobayashi sent a shot wide by not too much from a good Hasegawa's (I guess) assist.

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, well taken FK for Urawa: they effectively faked a cross in the box, then Takahashi shot a powerful missile directed in goal and hit the crossbar! :eek:
    The distance was really remarkable for a direct shot, but it was very well-taken and actually dangerous (it hit the inner part of the crossbar and rebounded in play).

4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    I hope that goal has stopped all this hullshit showboating at the back

blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #680 blissett, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Ikeda just had to anticipate Kobayashi out of the box, but no real danger for Urawa.

10 minutes to go and Beleza don't look very threatening.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Takahashi managed to get a FK from an action that had basically no more way out, with Sugasawa ahead of her being off-side. She tries the same shot from some minutes ago, but this time it's way off-target.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #682 blissett, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    FT 1-0

Beleza can thank that defensive blunder for a loss that would have been otherwise avoidable. Urawa have sure been more dangerous throughout the game, but not in a way that would have made a 0-0 draw impossible.

Anyway Beleza never look very dangerous ahead: it is quite true that, despite the likes of Kobayashi, Ueki and Endo, without Tanaka and Momiki they're quite toothless.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  8. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    F.T. Urawa 1 Beleza 0...well done reds

I've just watched a team of eleven beat eleven individuals
    We played like a team from 85 mins till full time and that's all
    So disappointed don't know where to start but I fear this is only the beginning of worse things to come.

blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'll further comment the whole match-day later, but I find quite interesting that Cerezo Osaka Sakai Ladies remained up there with Urawa and Beleza at 9 points: they never had exceedingly difficult games so far (Albirex this week was a respectable opponent, but they never met Urawa, INAC or Beleza), but their slow and steady growth is a fact. At their previous promotion in Division 1, they had looked like relegation fodder since the beginning: now the young girls have grown and, although I am not sure if they can really be title contender, they look solid.

unepommekun repped this.
  10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Inac (Iwabuchi, Miyake) 2-0 Jef
    Ehime (Akune, Nakamatsu) 2-1 Iga (Michigami)
    Urawa (Takahashi) 1-0 Beleza

Nadeshiko League 2
    Orca 0-1 Setagaya (Kashimoto)
    Nippatsu 0-0 Bunnys
    Chifure 0-1 Yamato (Kobari)

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I already commented on Cerezo being at the top along with Urawa and INAC. Anyway, the league looks already broken in half between the 4 teams at the top and the others (or, better, there are currently three parts: the top clubs at 9 or 6 points, 4 clubs at 3 points, and the last ones at 0, Iga and Vegalta).

Yuika Sugasawa didn't score today, but since she had two braces she still leads the top-scorers' rankings: anyway Miyu Yakata (who scored for three consecutive weeks) and Arisa Minamino (with today's brace) got closer to her.

In Division 2, we keep having a shortage of goals: just 5 in 5 matches (with the third 0-0 draw of the season). The most unexpected result is Yamato Sylphid's first win of the season against what was looking like one of the most serious contenders for promotion, Chifure AS Elfen Saitama! :eek: Sfida Setagaya, instead, keep their perfect record and AS Harima Albion do the same, although they needed an own goal at 90'+3' to beat AC Nagano Parceiro Ladies. :x3: Sonoko Chiba's club's win always look less smooth than their rivals', but anyway there they are at first place.
    The usual jam behind them: today even Bunnys managed to make a point, so they share last position with Nagano. More than half of the teams (6 out of 10) sit at 2 or 1 points.

sbahnhof and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  12. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If Beleza fans are worried, what about Kunoichi ones like me? Another underseved lose with Ehime winning the game at their only clear chance in 2nd half, while Iga failed everything and more, that's frustrating to say the least :cry:

13. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ranking Nadeshiko League 1
    [​IMG]
    Top scorers

4 goals - Sugasawa (Urawa)
    3 goals - Yakata (Cerezo), Minamino (Nojima)
    2 goals - Ueki (Beleza), Narumiya (JEF), Tanaka (INAC)

Ranking Nadeshiko League 2
    [​IMG]
    Top scorers

3 goals - Chiba (Harima)
    2 goals - Murakami, Seno (Setagaya), Tajima (Chifure)

14. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    3rd Leg....goal of the week

Akune...........3pts
    Iwabuchi.......2pts
    Miyake...........1pt

Lechus7 repped this.
  15. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    If Beleza don't perform well (I think they will be fine) then maybe some of their players should not be automatic starters for Nadeshiko, which might in turn create some opportunities for players in less glamorous teams to play for Nadeshiko.

I like that Takakura plays young players, but - as I have stated before - maybe she has become a bit too focused on certain young players at the expense of other players who are a bit older. The way she has been over using Jun Endo springs to mind.

Also maybe Tanaka made Beleza look a lot better than they actually are because she gave them somebody to focus on and continually scored lots of goals for them. Ueki has only just started as striker, so it may take some time to play more fluidly, especially when we consider that Ueki was playing more on the wings for Beleza (when I watched them that seemed to be the case).

I personally believe they will be fine. They probably won't win the league and possibly even finish third, but all teams eventually have a bad season.

On an aside note about Beleza. If you had told anybody watching Mynavi yesterday that Rin Sumida had played for Nadeshiko over twenty times I don't think they would have believed you. Technically, she is very good and played alright yesterday.

The thing is though, her skill gets lost in the mediocrity of the other Mynavi players, who are all good players, but they are not as good as Beleza.

I think we have to remember that there are other players in average teams that just don't get as many opportunities to score goals, make assists and influence the game because they are restricted by the level of their teammates and the opposition.

Sorry for the length of this.

KAPIJXM, Lechus7, datschge and 1 other person repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #691 blissett, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Are you joking? This is exactly the kind of content we need here to spur discussion.

By the way, thanks for the answer about Sumida: I had missed the match (and I had not rewatched it whole), so I was curious to know if she was playing in Vegalta at the same level she did in Beleza or not.

I also appreciated your report about INAC, since, by their match's 2nd Half, I was following Urawa-Beleza instead. From the waist up, the team looks still quite exciting, especially for the presence of Iwabuchi. What about defense? Does it look solid to you? INAC website only shows 4 pure Defenders in the roster, although it's clear that there are many supposed MFs who can play defense: Nakada, Takase...
    Does INAC's Defense-Line look fit and sharp? It could be an important factor in the run for the title.

17. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    WK-League: As mentioned, Asuna Tanaka's Goal of the Week couldn't stop Gyeongju's first loss of the year, and a real shock at 4-2 in the rainstorm.

That wasn't the only water polo game last Monday - also nearby in Changnyeong, where they hosted Hwacheon KSPO (a match including the 4 from Japan)

The match info says No.24 Nanase Kiryu scored again for the home team, but it was Hwacheon who got the away win (3-2) to jump into 4th place.

Those two rainiest matches were in southeast Korea, but it's the nationwide monsoon season in South Korea - and I read that Japan is having one of its longest rainy seasons?
    Today, South Korea has both rain warnings and heatwave warnings, in different areas.

Fumina Katsurama got a goal for Hwacheon KSPO in their previous game, at Seoul WFC - she turned in a cross from Brazilian Nathane to make it 1-1. But their team were denied a win in the last minute and drew 2-2.

youtube.com/watch?v=fZbzfgo9a-A&t=6m59s
    [​IMG]

Today, the game of the week should be this one, 2nd v 4th - possibly Asuna Tanaka versus Fumina Katsurama and Yoshimi Natsuki, an important game in the playoff chase. Kickoff is soon, in scoreboard-o-vision.

Gyeongju KHNP v Hwacheon KSPO - (9.00 GMT, 18.00 JST)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsaxVmgcJM8
    [​IMG]

Also in the southeast, Aya Shimojo and Nanase Kiryu are hoping to lift Changnyeong out of 6th place at home to Seoul (7th).
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LZ9Ux7-jX4

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fumina is great... even when she scores with her knee instead of with her foot! :p

19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Year long training course founded by JFA for women GM's - future leaders of WE League.

I'd expect to find some established names of former coach/players among 10 participants.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Their defence looked very good to me. Even when JEF got in behind the full-backs INAC had numbers back to take care of the cross. They looked organized. But we won't know for certain until they play Urawa and Beleza, because they do move it more quickly.

Takase played at right back and was solid. Ushijima is out injured at the moment, so they are already down one defender. They only play once a week, so as long as they have no major injuries they should be alright.

JEF don't really play a normal attacking game. They are setup to steal the ball from the defenders and then score as opposed to build the attack slowly and score through creative attacking play; obviously they do that occasionally.

Ami Otaki, a player I love (for various reasons) basically plays now as a defensive striker. She is a focal point for long balls, but her main job seems to be to harass defenders. This is a player who scored ten goals in twelve games for OLYMPIC LYON! It is interesting how things change for players.

unepommekun repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I love her too and I'd like to see her play as a proper striker: just think how much she could benefit from an assist-women like Narumiya!

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am preparing early for the Challenge League that will start at the end of the month and, as it happens every year, I have problems in finding the complete rosters (if possible already translated in romaji/latin characters) of two teams: JFA Academy Fukushima and Niigata University of Health and Welfare. All of the other rosters are easy to find on the respective websites of the clubs, but those two are hard to find: can anyone help me? :unsure:

23. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    It may be difficult, I think because they must protect their girls' privacy as much as possible.
    I dare to say that it's about the time you learn and read at least Japanese names.:)
    for example
    JFA
    U18
    伊藤 めぐみ Ito
    大場 朱羽 Ohba
    城和 怜奈 Shirowa
    玉川 実奈 Tamagawa
    沼尾 圭都 Numao
    松原 星空 Matsubara
    渡部 麗 Watanabe

U17
    石川 くらら Ishikawa