Official 2020 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Sunday's live streams:​

Mynavi Vegalta Sendai v Albirex Niigata - (08:00 GMT, 17:00 JST)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtP00awUZS0
    [​IMG]

NTV Beleza v Nojima Stella - (09:00 GMT, 18:00 JST)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROsAnrm9kRk
    [​IMG]

2. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    https://www.igafc.jp/?page_id=31

KAPIJXM and datschge repped this.
  3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Now playing...Mynavi v Albi...perhaps someone should tell the cameraman the whole idea of having a camera is so you can get CLOSE to the action

blissett repped this.
  4. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    No Ohga today for Nojima and Nakano starting on the bench. I expect Beleza to win this by four or five goals. Nojima are starting with the 18 year old Sora Fukuzumi.

Nojima don't like Beleza very much.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  5. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    N
    Not if they continue to try to walk the ball into the back of the net.28 mins

6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    37 mins...Nojima should be 1-0

blissett repped this.
  7. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Nojima plays well. Minamino Arisa (10) just had a great chance, and Hirata Hikari (18) is really dangerous on the right wing.

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  8. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    H.T. Beleza 0 Mojima 0
    Hard working Nojima containing the highly predictable 'green machine'
    As a 'green' am disappointed.Can see Nojima getting something from this game if we don't start to mix the attack up a little.

blissett repped this.
  9. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I didn't know this, but according to the commentator they are allowed five substitutions this season.

Nojima certainly look a lot more organised compared to last season, which is a good thing. But usually Beleza score their goals in the second half. They just wear the opposition down. They are playing without Momiki and Tanaka now, which means they will need a bit of time to figure out how to score.

They were unlucky not to get a penalty Beleza in the first three minutes.

But as a Nojima fan it has been quite good. But I would prefer to see Matsubara in midfield.

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  10. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Oh yeah it looks like Hasegawa and Shimizu are playing in stockings! I mean their socks have been getting higher, but this is ridiculous.

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Minamino is still one women Nojima army ;):laugh:

12. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    71 mins...not happy with this idea that the only way to score a goal is to walk the
    ball over the line...c'mon

13. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Beleza.....let's keep doing what we know hasn't worked for 85 mins.
    This is so disappointing.

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I can't help being sad for Nojima: they had almost made it: a goal in injury time was cruel.

15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Beleza 1 Nojima 0...somebody was listening..a shot on goal

16. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    They deserved something from that game.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who did find that ace from middle-range? Was it Doko?

Manchester Nadeshiko and Lechus7 repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyway, I guess we can safely say that the depart of Momiki and Tanaka could have marked a tipping point for the green machine, or at least for their offensive force. This time they barely squeezed in a goal with a DF, but, although they always tend to "last" more than the opponent, I am not sure they will always find the goals they need.

Of course, I guess there was no trace of Mizuho Sakaguchi. Did she officially retire or are we facing a slow un-declared retirement as with Miyama a few years ago?

KAPIJXM and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    I feel like I ought to apologise to Pierre for taking the points from them.

If that is how we plan to win another title....it ain't gonna work

pierre bezukhov and blissett repped this.
  20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Create your own luck, but really the keeper should be doing better than that. Just got to hope that keepers will get better in the Nadeshiko League.

It is disappointing for Nojima who actually created some half-decent chances in that game. Nakano's chance was probably the best.

Things look much better for Nojima compared to last year, but I will see how it goes. I will be curious to see how they go against teams more their level. Kitano coach actually played the bench which is nice to see. Last season and even under Kanno the squad was not rotated or used enough in my opinion.

Beleza did look bereft of ideas at times, but it is early days for them. Ueki is a very skillful, but is a very different player to Tanaka. Tanaka runs in straight lines while Ueki is all over the place. Also I am not sure how much time she has spent actually playing as a striker. This season could be a good test for them.

21. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    #571 pierre bezukhov, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Take the win, however you get them. I thought Nojima would get flogged, so I am disappointed but also happy.

Does anybody know for certain if their is relegation this year? I have been to the website and all it says is that there will be know games for promotion and relegation.

edit: I actually just had a look again. I think they are not having relegation or promotion. But I don't like to trust my Japanese.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In-between the discussion about the first match-day of Nadeshiko League, a NWSL update is due for yesterday's games, that were involving Japanese players (I remind everyone that they were direct-elimination matches, quarter-finals of the Utah Torunament replacing NWSL season this year):

- Washington Spirit-Sky Blue FC 0-0 (3-4 after penalty shootut). Kumi Yokoyama started and was subbed out at 61' (at least she wasn't on the pitch when Washington actually lost the game at PSO); she was quite dangerous instead: missed a chance because she let the ball roll too much ahead of her, but later in 2nd half she hit the crossbar with a spectacular shot. On the other side, we have Nahomi Kawasumi, who played the whole game and converted in style the second PK of the series for her team. :cool: Since that particular PK is not included in highlights, it can be worth showing it though this NSWL Tweet:

Naho will clash with Chicago Red Stars on 22nd of July.
    Full highlights of the match here:

- Identical result for OL-Reign-Chicago Red Stars: 0-0 (3-4 after penalty shootout). Now, here, from a Japanese point of view, we tehcnically have another team with a Japanese player in the semi-finals, but actually she won't play the next games. Per these tweets, Yuki Nagasato is injured: nothing really serious, it's said, but enough to keep her from the rest of this very short tournament:
    1283804125688483840 is not a valid tweet id

1282532994096521223 is not a valid tweet id

What about Reign instead? Yuka Momiki didn't start, but she was subbed-in at 73'. As much as Naho, Yuka also converted the second PK for her team, but it was no use because her team-mates Cruz and Barnes missed. This time no highlights nor Twitter feeds show that particularly penalty to us. Enjoy the highlights anyway:

So, to sum up by a Japanese point of view: Kumi Yokoyama and Yuka Momiki are eliminated; Kawasumi's and Nagasato's teams are still in the running for the title, but if we actually want to see a Japanese player lift the trophy, we have to root for Naho, because Nagasato won't be on the pitch in the next games.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Per Full Bloom Guidebook, it would like like this year the official name of Vegalta Sendai Ladies doesn't include the sponsor Mynavi: is it correct? Also, the new official name for Nippon TvV Beleza is Nippon TV Tokyo Verdy Beleza?

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    also is it Iga FC Kunoichi or Iga FC Kunoichi Mie ?

Hmm... so basically it's 6 months without football for all of them untill NWSL 2021 season starts again. I really do hope their clubs will release them on loan to Europe. :cautious:

blissett repped this.
  25. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yes, no relegation nor promotion.