Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    They are using the 2014-15 kit, so is must have been The Algarve Cup match of 2014

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I had pointed out the most glaring difference, the empty stadium, but of course there are also these other details you mention making clear that it couldn't have been the 2013 match.
    By the way: yesterday I had dinner in a Japanese restaurant here in Milan, and I had a ramen soup almost as good as the one we tasted that evening of 2013 in Munich, @#5nadeshikofan! :)

Thanks for confirming our convinction, @zaku_II! In fact, this was the kit with the fluo "pikachu" secondary kit and I seemed to remember that we had played in that shade of yellow the first match of that Algarve Cup 2014, vs Sweden.
    It was one of the best Algarve Cup we had, and, although we lost by 3-0 that final match vs Germany, we should have scored in first half, when a ball had passed the line, but the goal wasn't allowed, because referee's and lineswoman's views were covered by the bodies of the players.

Oh, I was almost forgetting: where the Germany-Japan friendly in April will be played? Does anyone know?

3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Nadeshiko's abroad...

Kirara Fujio signed with Brazil's club Kindermann (Barbara, Micaelly) Kira.JPG

4. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yuri Kawamura's back at Albirex.

HS10Legend, KAPIJXM, blissett and 3 others repped this.
  5. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It says Paderborn in the announcement.
    https://www.paderborn.de/microsite/welcome/
    https://www.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&entry=s&sa=X&ll=51.7189205,8.7575093&z=12&ftid=0x47ba4c9661611ddb:0x73cc872a58ef22ee&q=Paderborn,+Germany&gmm=CgIgAQ==&ved=2ahUKEwibgKiTvovgAhURyYMKHWwICHsQ8gEwA3oECA8QDw

About 2.5 hours (by car) north of Frankfurt.

HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very happy for her and I wish her to keep up with her career for long! :)

She probably has 0% chances to make the WWC roster, I wonder anyway if she will wear the NT jersey again in the future.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lovely town, but not very easy to rech for me, especially in a normal mid-week Tuesday.

Oh, nevermind: I'll enjoy the match on streaming. :giggle:

8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  9. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  10. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Do we already know the squad for SheBelieves?

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think so: we have the members of the training camp that will take place this week, posted by unepomme earlier this month, but this is about one month from SheBelieves Cup. Of course, Takakura will surely consider indications from this training camp to finalize the roster for SB Cup, but she could also consider some different names (although it's difficult to do that until Nadeshiko Japan's season is on break: the only way she could change her mind would be calling some of the missing internationals who are currently active with their clubs: for instance, I surely expect Kumagai to be called for SB Cup; Others? Kawasumi? Naomoto? Nagasato? :cautious:).

HS10Legend and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  12. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I sure hope we get Utsugi. Nagasato? :speechless:

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Utsugi is already included in this week's camp: I was talking about players who weren't called for it.

14. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    We still have some veteran players left from the 2011 team,
    who haven't retired yet: Iwashimizu, Kinga, Kawasumi, Ohno, Nagasato.
    Of course, all of them are still great, but with age you are going to lose some physical strength (and other things like speed, endurance, agility, etc.).
    To me it looks like only Iwashimizu and Nagasato are still in their prime,
    so in terms of building a very strong team for the World Cup, i would think
    about those two players.

Other than that, we also have some talented u20 players left, who are currently not
    included into the A-team like: Stambaugh, Miyagawa, Hayashi, Fukuta, Takarada.
    So maybe one of them can convince Takakura at the last moment?

#5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  15. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    From memory, please correct any mistakes.

Players from 2011 WWC

Still active and part of NT: Kumagai, Sakaguchi, Utsugi, Sameshima, Iwabuchi. Players still active and sometimes part of NT: Kawasumi, Nagasato?.

Players still active but not longer being considered: Kinga, Iwashimizu, Ando?, Ohno, Fukumoto, Kamionobe, Takase, Tanaka.

Players retired: Yamago, Yano, Miyama, Sawa, Maruyama, Kaihori (at least as goalkeeper)

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  16. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  18. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can you give us a summary or do I need to go through the Google pain myself?

HS10Legend repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    #121 unepommekun, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    He says how he decided to undertake the Nadeshiko coach job and the joyful days of that.
    The title says that one day a player complained to him that Beleza players had not given her any passes with crying.:D

Then I have a quize.
    Who do you guess this player is?:)

And he also says why he made Sawa change her position from AMF to DMF.
    It's because she was not good at turning forward after she received the ball so that often quickly chose back passes but she had very strong defencive technique and could go forward from that position.

HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can't guess, because I have already read the article (although through awful Google translation), but I guess everyone of us on this thread can answer this one! :D

Hint: she kept complaining that people didn't pass the ball to her for very long! ;):giggle:

21. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Wow, I didn't know at all Google translator is such excellent.:p

blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yukari Kinga missed a penalty, yesterday, in a match vs Sydney FC, but made up for that in Second Half by taking part to the action of the first of the two goals her team scored. With this 2-0 win, Melbourne City actually caught up with Sydney in the rankings and they could now grab that elusive 4th place that would lead them to play-off (probably by pushing away Sydney themselves).
    Highlights: https://www.w-league.com.au/match/s...rne-city-fc-women-w-league-31-01-2019/1022500

Meanwhile, Nagasato's Brisbane Roar lost today by 1-0 to Adelaide but this doesn't seem to put their play-off chances in danger, since they anyway retain 2nd place in the rankings. Interestingly, Yuki missed a penalty also! :eek: Did they decide it was Japanese-player-missing-penalty-official-matchday? o_O
    Highlights: https://www.w-league.com.au/match/a...ane-roar-fc-women-w-league-01-02-2019/1022501

23. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck today Japan. May the best team win!

Lechus7 repped this.