Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serafim Dahl

Serafim Dahl Member

Barcelona
    Japan
    Aug 25, 2018
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    aqstream fujitv with japanese commentary works for me

Lechus7 and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Welcome on the boards Serafim Dahl.

3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Not sure what Hasegawa is on...but I want some....(racehorse on steroids)
    Or to put it another way ...she's certainly full of energy

Lechus7 repped this.
  4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    EAFF E1 Champs

HT.....China 0 Japan 2........Iwabuchi (2)

Think we are worth the lead

KAPIJXM, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    EAFF E1 Champs

FT ....China 0 Japan 3.....Iwabuchi (3)

Comprehensive win but have to say thought China were poor today even an uncharacteristic goalkeeping error for second goal from the 'great wall of China'

Defence looked solid enough...Sugita Miura partnership functioned well in midfield and some delightful attacking play

Hope Takakura san perseveres with Ikejiri...think she deserves another run out

pierre bezukhov, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, very happy with the score and looks like Iwabuchi is a worthy captain! :)

Unluckily for me, all of these EAFF matches are happening while I am at a work, in some very busy pre-Christmas weeks. :unsure: I am going to catch up soon, but of course it's not the same as enjoying these matches live.

Looks like it was a somehow more "traditional" line-up than the one seen vs Chinese Taipei. From your comments I get Iwabuchi and Hasegawa were probably the best ones on the pitch, but I'd appreciate any further analysis, guys. :geek:

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At the moment, I had at least the time to watch short official highlights:

I see that the assist for 2nd goal was from Hasegawa, and the 3rd goal was scored from the rebound of a Kobayashi's shot; I am not sure who assisted 1st goal instead.

Highlights also show a post hit by Miura, a good save by Yamashita and a shot by Ueno (if I am not wrong) deflected by Chinese GK.

KAPIJXM and sbahnhof repped this.
  9. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Asato

blissett repped this.
  10. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    The first and second goals were really good. The keeper probably could have done a bit better on the first goal, but I just like the play before both goals for very different reasons. Again Hasegawa involved in both goals.

Nadeshiko seem to have China's number. They always seem to play well against them. The last time they played them, which was in the world cup qualifiers, it was easily their best game of that tournament.

Can somebody tell me where Matsubara played? Was it in midfield or defence? According to google Nadeshiko played a 4-2-3-1 with Hasegawa as the lone striker and Iwabuchi in the hole. Is that how the game played out?

The last time they played against China they played a similar formation and looked very good. I am not sure if their is a correlation to their success and the formation or not, but I would like to see them try this formation more.

11. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yamashita
    Shimizu Matsubara Minami Miyagawa
    Miura Sugita
    Momiki Hasegawa Ikejiri
    Iwabuchi

But they might have changed the positions of Iwabuchi and Ikejiri in the way.
    Not sure of the other formation change.

blissett and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  12. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yeah that looks more like the formation I imagined with those players. Google had Sugita playing at CB! I like the idea of Iwabuchi being in the centre of attack. Nadeshiko usually play close together and I think they are more likely to produce goals like the first one with Iwabuchi playing in the centre rather than on the wing.

Of course against better opposition I wonder how it would go.

I think the 4-2-3-1 is the better formation for Nadeshiko, because more players can fit into that formation as opposed to 4-4-2.

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    But Takakura says that because Iwabuchi was hard to keep balls from DFs, she changed her CF position to Ikejiri.

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Korea Republic 1 - 0 Chinese Taipei HT

Korea reserves look dominant but are missing real bite against resolute Chinese Taipei team. Good follow up by Kang on goal action but again Koreans were gifted this goal by goalkeeper error.

Yet again stadium was almost empty in 1st half even though it's double header with Korea men team playing China next.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  15. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Broadcast??

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    pirate stream on yt, type: korea vs. chinese taipei

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  17. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Oh I see.

18. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's sad news:
    Hasegawa left the team due to injury.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While we wait for the final clash at EAFF, a round of international updates:

Aussie-W-League:

- not sure why the Melbourne derby was played on Thursday; anyway, the final result was Melbourne Victory-Melbourne City 0-1 and the winner goal was scored by our Yukari Kinga at 89', after her team had wasted countless chances including a PK in 1st Half. Now, it's true that, after AFC Club Championship, we could assess quite clearly the questionable level of Aussie-League in general and of Melbourne Victory in particular, but it's a fact that, since the end of NWSL season, Yukari Kinga is consistently being our more brilliant international, to the point that sometimes you wonder if, in an hypotethical emergency case with many injury in our defense-line, it couldn't be a case of calling again our veteran RB in NT.
    Melbourne City are now leading the league alone (although Western Sydney Wanderers, 3 points behind, have a game in hand to them).
    Highlights of the Melbourne derby: https://www.w-league.com.au/match/m...rne-victory-women-w-league-12-12-2019/2032868

Division 1 Féminine:

- Not much to see here, on the final matchday before the Christmas break: OL-Dijon 2-0. Actually, OL had to push for long before breaking in with Renard and Van de Sanden in the final minutes. Saki Kumagai started and played for about an hour. OL still lead with a 5 points advantage over PSG.
    YouTube highlights (I take the chance to ask the thread for technical support: it's some days that I can't seem to watch full-screen YouTube videos on Chrome: when I try to magnify, I get a white screen: does anyone know about this glitch and how could I solve it? :cautious:):

Frauen-Bundesliga:

- SC Freiburg-Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1-1. Hikaru Naomoto was on the bench, but didn't play. Freiburg keep their undistinguished 8th-place in the rankings.

- For some reason, no Division 2 matchday was played.

Liga Femenina:

- Espanyol-Barcelona 0-4. Ayaka Noguchi wasn't on the pitch nor on the bench: injured? :cautious:

- Madrid CFF-Deportivo Abanca 2-2. Maya Yamamoto was subbed-in at 74', when the score was already set. Deportivo at 4th-place, behind Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Levante.

- Real Betis-Sporting Huelva 1-1. It all happened in a few minutes: Real Betis scored at 79', Yoko Tanaka, who had started, was subbed-out at 81' and in the same minute her team equalized. Sporting Huelva now at 13th-place.

Serie A Femminile:

Well, my last words were:

I am happy to say that I probably had a positive effect on the team, that was eager to deny me :giggle::

- Florentia San Gimignano-Tavagnacco 1-2. Kunisawa and Sato both on the pitch the whole match. Tavagnacco still one-to-last, but now with 5 points (3 behind the closest rival, Pink Bari). If this will remain one of the few Tavagnacco's wins, then let's enjoy highlights (quite scrappy final goal, but we won't object :giggle:):

pierre bezukhov, unepommekun and Lechus7 repped this.
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2921 Lechus7, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    [​IMG]

Kinga's stay and impact on W-League is pretty much the same as Kim Little was for NWSL

try to toggle on/off for effect: the hardware acceleration setting in Chrome (Chrome menu/settings/advanced settings) - turning it off may help but also it can tell you if your GPU drivers need update (or if they just were updated - if you need to roll back to previous version of the drivers - more stable). Other causes: it may be related to some Windows update feature - in that case the fix should be relased shortly, or you could try to reinstall the browser.

blissett repped this.
  21. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's sad news:

Iwabuchi left the team due to injury.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So we get to play the deciding match at EAFF E1 without the players who arguably our best ones. :unsure:

I hope the choice to send them back in Japan was precautional and not really due to a very serious injury. We don't need that, going into the Olympic year, and Iwabuchi in particular already had too many of them in her career!

Manchester Nadeshiko and Lechus7 repped this.
  23. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I watched this game. She played as a support striker like she did last season for Nojima, only not with the same success. So far this season (and it is not Christmas yet) Yoko has played as an AM, LW, LM, SS, CM and kind of DM! You would think at some point they might just play her in one position for a while. When she played in CM they won two of their games, but anyway.

She played kind of well, but occasionally she does some very un-Yoko things like poor passes when she is not under pressure. They play a lot on astro turf in Spain, which is very different to Japan. Also I think she is used to getting the ball passed a lot more to her feet, whereas at Huelva the passing really is crazy at times. There is very little synchronicity in the team with too many clashing styles of players for the team to develop a clear style of play.

Yoko did some very good things, but most of them were done in her own half (DM position) a long way from her opponent's goal. Just nothing of significance in attack. I am pretty sure Huelva did not have one shot on goal from inside their opponent's box in open play. It is really bad.

blissett and unepommekun repped this.