Official 2015-2016 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Which requirements they are using to filter the possible coaches? At least in Italy they choose a nightmare list of names or at least a joke list.

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They made a simple chart
    [​IMG]

3. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Actually, he just said at a Brazilian TV program that he thinks it is not likely that JFA is considering him for the job. He got no offer (yet).

About the fact of his name being considered by the Japanese media, he said he is very happy and proud of that. He thinks it is difficult for that to happen because his best moment in Japan was around 2010, he was expecting an invitation by JFA at that time and got frustrated because it did not happen.

When asked what he would do if JFA contacted him now, he avoided a direct answer and just said "I don't think it is going to happen. They are looking more at Europe now, it is a matter of conception of the people who run Japanese football."

gamban98, datschge and sc-f repped this.
  4. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Saku² and datschge repped this.
  5. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    I'll coach the JNT. My extensive background in FIFA and Football Manager makes me a stand out candidate among the rest. My salary demands are small too.

KiarashM, AKITOD, teioh and 3 others repped this.
  6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Magath would be a fantastic choice, Germany just won the World Cup. time to take inspiration from the best.

7. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am quite sure Hasebe would quit NT if Magath was the one.

nakata101 repped this.
  8. Pedro62

Pedro62 Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    From an Aussie perspective can I suggest Pim Verbeeck and Holger Osciek

9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    This time I thought he was serious. Very difficult to read this fantastic guy.

13. Necrons

Necrons Member

Jun 15, 2014
  14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Samurai Warrior repped this.
  15. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Laudrup made a fantastic job at Swansea and is a very good coach.
    I'd take im in a heart beat, or try to convince Oswaldo de Oliveira.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  16. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Saku² repped this.
  17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Okada hasn't been contacted and he said he doesn't want to do it anyway.

18. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okada is a great coach. IMO he is the best Asian coach.

Japan had only one Japanese coach in last 17 years, and he was coach Takeshi Okada who coached Japan twice. This shows that Japan does not have any qualified Japanese/local coach for Japan NT except Takeshi Okada.

If Okada does not want to take this job again, Japan has no other choice except hiring a foreign coach. There are many foreign coaches that JFA can hire now, but the new coach should be someone who is qualified and passionate for this job IMO.

KiarashM and Saku² repped this.
  19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Most ignorant post I've seen in Bigsoccer:eek:.

Boy, you have to know that the World doesn't end at your country's borders.

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ......so ignorant.....like.....wow.
    he's like a parrot on the same words over and over again, with no knowledge of what he's talking about.

takeuchi repped this.
  21. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #146 AIL1998, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    I never mentioned the bolded parts in the past.

The most shameful results of Asian teams at the world stage were with local coaches. Saudi Arabia of 2002 and North Korea of 2010 are two great examples. If those teams had good foreign coaches at that times they would not have lost 8-0 or 7-0. When we say there is huge difference between Europe and Asia football, the coach includes that too.

Beside Saudi Arabia of 2002 and North Korea of 2010, Australia qualified to the last 3 WC with foreign coaches. Korea had its best results with foreign coaches (WC 2002 & AC 2015), and etc. Note that most Arab teams never give chance to the local coaches, and the reason is lack of quality. Japan at least developed and educated one coach who was good to do well outside Asia (T. Okada) unlike at least 90% of Asian countries. It rarely happens that Asian national teams are successful with local coaches at world stage (I mean senior level), and Okada was an especial one.

The Asian teams do not trust local coaches at world stage normally and the reason is lack of quality. This does not include only japan. It includes whole Asia. As an example, Iraq had foreign coach at Confederation Cup 2009. Based on what I said there is no reason to be unhappy for what I said in my last comment.

22. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know and understand everything about the bolded part well :)

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    no.

24. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Do you know Huh Jung-Moo? Was he an exception too?

For your information, Japan and Korea were managed by foreign managers in 2006 WC, and faild to pass the groups stage, and they were managed by local managers and reached the knock out stage for the first time outside their home soils, so are you still insisting that nationality of the coach has anything to do with the NT success?

Take a further example, UAE has developed rapidly in the last few years under the guidance of a local manager, who managed this generation since they were in U-17, and reached achievements that weren't achieved by any foreign manager which coached UAE before.

So give us your input about that, kindly.

25. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Yep, given Japan's situation. A local coach that knows the league inside out would be better. Japan's problem is that it lacks a diversity of skill sets and options. Many players are very similar, they are weak at physical strength and good at passing. Hence, there are fewer options for coaches to choose from. Someone like Okada who understands the local situation can choose better options to suit his preferred style.