Official 2015-2016 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    But given the circumstances, do JFA really have to pay Aguirre out? I wouldnt have given him a dime...

And why bring in these fairly known, yet rather average managers from abroad with absolutely no knowledge about Japanese football? Surely there are better options locally, or foreigners who have a connection to Japan already?

2. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Aguirre sacked? Wow. Big call by the Japanese federation as well as a big mistake. Japan was playing stronger football than under Zaccheroni. You were eliminated almost solely on a coin toss at the Asian Cup.

3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The voice about Leonardo is getting strong.

4. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I still think a local coach like Okada would be better.

El Chuma repped this.
  5. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Holger Osieck :p

?

or

Hasegawa (Gamba Osaka coach)

?

El Chuma repped this.
  6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can you stop making up things pls? He coached Milan from 1998 straight until 2001. Besides why would you count years until now instead of when he was hired in JFA lol, as if he could get a job while being in JFA.
    Then took Lazio's bench after the first 3 matches, Inter after the first 6, etc. I don't see what difference it makes :/

I hope that this kind of fake-strong mentality isn't that diffused because I'm tired to see people "awaken to reality" and rant their overhyped expectations on the team at the next loss or tournament.

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I agree but I don't see how that relates to the post you quoted though.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    because it's never a coin toss. Penalties sucks but the team was (should have been) more than capable in getting the win in 120'.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's not a coin toss because shooting penalties is indeed technical but I don't see how that matters. Even the best teams have to go through it sometimes and it doesn't say anything about their qualities. If Korea beat us on penalties 4 years ago, does that change anything ? I also do agree that the team looked better than under Zaccheroni at that point but it doesn't really matter.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For some reason you took only my first sentence alone and misinterpreted it lol
    The problem was that we weren't capable to do what Australia has done, not the penalties. We couldn't score first, and then we didn't manage to score 2.
    There are '120 to play before the coin toss. That's why I said it's never a coin toss, not because penalties aren't completely random.
    If we had lost against SK at penalties in 2011 I would've said "too bad, felt like we didn't deserve it" - we lost against UAE tho :/.

So I feel that saying "you were eliminated because of bad luck" is like pitying the team and they don't deserve it. They could've done better and the player know, so let's hope it doesn't happen frequently.
    It also meant that who thought they were going easy straight to the final should've been a little more realistic before the tourney

As for the team, I felt that the WC squad needed a few touches only and the pressure at the AC is way lower, so I would've been depressed if the same core members couldn't play better football... (doesn't matter if it was also thanks to Aguirre or not, same applies to the next coach)

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    let's not act like the Japan - UAE game wasn't a factor in the Australia semi, we gave them an easy game. UAE are no world beater but sometimes the ball simply doesn't go in, especially when you play against a bunkered team. No one denies that they should have scored one more but it doesn't a whole lot that they didn't. It's technically a draw and even the best teams draw sometimes.

I agree it's not about luck (and I didn't misinterpret your first sentence), they could have done better and they were beaten at the execution of penalties.

But we don't have the same assessment of the WC squad I see.

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Ranieri, jesus... I really hope Leonardo is contacted.

16. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    What??? Prandelli??? Did they see the last WC for Italy? He lost in a worst way than Zaccheroni. This will be a huge mistake.
    Spaletti is a pretty good choice but I hope for Leo.

17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unfortunately my knowledge of Bento and Spaletti is naught. Any more informed people can give their opinions on those 2 relative to the other 3 candidates?

I'd like Oliveira probably, or Van Marwijk.

18. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Oliveira or van Marwijk. Maybe the Dutch is better.

Bitter to see no Japanese at all.
    They didn't learn anything from this experience.

19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The names are only speculation. However, it's more or less definite they won't hire somebody from J due to the requirement of international experience.
    Judging from Japanese media, a Japanese coach would be easily bashed and sacked if the team doesn't deliver instantly - forcing the technical staff this time to resign for real.
    My only hope is that the other requirement (connected to Japan) is taken seriously: Oliveira, Culpi, Leonardo.

20. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Bento - had good spell at Portugal journey 2012 euro semi…
    At 2014 WC Finals losing to Ghana,..ended poor journey .
    2016 Qualify campane, losing at home vs Albania was his last game before fired.
    <Portugal heavily were on Ronaldo's shoulder, there was no plan B in that period,if Iam not mistaken.

Japan NT plays usually as a compact team unit. I wonder what he can do with this way.

Prandelli!?
    in his first period he did good with Italy NT,. and then disaster WC finals at Brazil ,.. after that he went to club journey to Istanbul giants Galatasaray,..He had disaster Champions League journey, very akward result he got in the CL,.. very poor display in the local league too. Before the last game of the CL group game, the club fired him.

in the recent news, AC Milan looks after him,.

IMHO, He could be the poorest choice in this list for Japan NT.

Spalleti , ni NT experience if Iam not mistaken. ?. If so, it could be risky choice.

Van Marwijk, had interesting journey with NT and club level, I really liked his style at BVB and Feyenoord aspecialy…He knows how to connect and fine good chemistry with the young talents. this is the most important key to me in his coaching calibre and ability as a potential big mission for a NT .

So, I say ,Yes to VM.

Oliveira,. J League master. He knows very well Japanese talents and league and country over all. Could be interesting journey a 50/50 risk…

I say, why not. He deserved to get this chance since he served Japan Football since many years in differ period. I have huge respect to him even for this case.

there is anther name that that not on the list, but,would like to add on it;

Culpi.

My list is- from 1 to 4 :

1-Van Marwijk
    2-Oliveira
    3-Bento
    4-Culpi

regards,

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Looks like it won't be Leonardo, he refused and still hopes to coach PSG in the near future.

22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Prandelli refused too.

It seems they really asked everyone currently free, and didn't care for confidentialty.
    Imo, it can't get more unprofessional.

Whispered11 and Saku² repped this.
  23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It really gives an amateurism feel if it's true. Can't always trust the news but I really wonder. I'd stay away from 60 years old managers who have their peaks of their careers behind them.

Man I wish Simeone was free.

AKITOD repped this.
  24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Lol to Prandelli refusal, then it was a real threat to have him as JNT Manager.

25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #100 AKITOD, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    If it ends being anyone but Oliveira I'll be surprised at this stage. The guy is the most suitable of the candidates anyway.

On Japanese coaches, it's already been well reported and quoted that the JFA are not looking at any managers currently contracted by J.League sides.