Official 2013-14 MISL Attendance Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by bbwavefan, Nov 15, 2013.

1. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A thread to discuss attendance numbers for the MISL this season.

1,088 announced in a Reading in their inaugural home game. Watching online, that number seems pretty accurate. Hopefully things get better at the gate going forward for the Roar.

2. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Wow there must have been a lot more people on the camera side that I did not see because the ends were empty and it looked like about 50 people on the far side

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it did look bad . Tonights Wave / Comets Game is sold out from what I have read on twitter and facebook
    Next Saturday Baltimore is expecting 9,000+ fans at the game I am sure its because of the home opener & the Championship Banner getting dropped at the arena .

4. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of the crowd was on the camera side. Those sections between the corners actually seemed pretty full (relatively speaking, of course).

5. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I will be at the Mustangs game do I will miss most if not all of that game = Can't be in 2 places at the same time
    : (

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting started on this meme early, I see.

KidFlash repped this.
  7. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ken what's your thoughts on the Comets? They seem to do really well year after year. Pretty consistent from Day 1, 4 seasons ago. I read a lot about the teams & owners that aren't doing it right. But not as much on the ones that are doing it right.

Here's what is impressive to me. The Wave have higher attendance after Sue Black was named CEO last season. Continued Blast crowds over the years. Comets apparently having a sold out game tonight. Lancers leading the MISL in attendance last season

Looking at the PASL. Dallas attendance success. Monterray's huge home opener. I was a little skeptical on Sockers attendance numbers last year when they moved to a real arena (around 3,000 attendance I believe) But over 5,000 went to their opener.

Just feel as though for Division 2 or 3 level soccer in the American pyramid their are some success stories that are told as much as they should be.

Joey Tee and EnricoSharke repped this.
  8. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Where you watching the same game? 1088? Take out a zero and you get 188, that seems more accurate and generous.

9. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5,893 in Independence tonight for a record crowd at the IEC. (but I'm sure FireFanKeith only counted around 4,500)

10. Max F.

Max F. Member

May 25, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Prancers list attendance at 8200, with a new max capacity of 7528 this year for the same arena.

I watched the stream- it was not standing room only. One of those figures has to be wrong. any takers?

11. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Capacity is 11,200. It was certainly much more full than any of the previous games I have attended there, maybe 70% of the seats full. Which would be close to announced attendance. Again, I contributed to the disconnect by having four tickets and only using two.

12. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think what a lot of people fail to realize is that they count the attendance by tickets sold or comp tickets they have handed out . For example if they have 10 sponsors who's package included 50 tickets per game they count all 500 people and if they only had 100 people go , the 400 empty seats are still counted as sold tickets .

13. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8,212 in Rochester last night. And as Blastnut said, that 7,528 capacity is incorrect.

14. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a good chance that every returning team will beat their mark from last season's home opener. (last season's home opener in parentheses.

Rochester - 8,212 (5,316)
    Missouri - 5,893 (5,126)
    Baltimore - expecting a big crowd (6,311)
    Milwaukee - Daughtry post-game concert, should have a nice crowd (5,199)
    Syracuse - ???? (3,412)

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The blast are expecting close to 9K if not more

Joey Tee repped this.
  16. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Is there any confirmed estimate of tickets sold for the Ambush opener on Friday?
    I hope they have a great opener... the future of the Penn Roar very well might depend on it...

17. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been told they expect between 5,000-6,ooo for the opener friday. Saturday 2,500-3,500. Also, the Wave is expected to have almost 9,000 for their opener. Cardshop has stated the Blast will be close to 9,000. So it looks like all good home opener numbers witht he exception of the Roar.

18. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well the roar was on face book looking for a salesperson to sell tickets I think that should have been done right away .
    The Blast will have a packed arena that's for sure . The big question is how many will be at game 2 , the home opener always drew well so that's not a surprise I think we need to get more then 6800 people in the door for the rest of the season

19. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Says the man with the free tickets.

cardshopmd repped this.
  20. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    With the MISL dropping to only 10 home games per team, one would hope that the per game attendance for every returning club would be higher than last year.

21. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    In my few years experience as a Wave fan the Dec 31st game is the point in the season where attendance picks up and the games before that really kill average attendance. With the team only having one home game in between the opener and the New Years Eve game I have a feeling the team is going to enjoy a significant bump in average attendance this season. Plus the team is having a second concert with a yet to be named act. Gotta love the way Sue has the team headed right now, hopefully they can stay in the black (no pun intended).

22. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    One would expect that the per game attendance would rise and that is good news for almost every team. Fewer games to market with the same staff and fan base as last year coupled with lowered overall expenses. It could, however, adversely affect the Comets, who would have to sell to 95% capacity or better every game to increase their total season attendance. A tremendous feat if they can do it and great for the bottom line, but doing it may be tough.

23. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope your right , I an tell you if you look on ticket master it looks like the blast has sold almost the entire lower and middle levels of the arena and have now been selling a lot of the seats on the 3rd floor I have not seen that in a long time for a home opener .

24. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to know what they paid Dautry to play after the game I am sure it was not cheap at all .

25. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Based on the fact they list the concert's brought to you by a radio station that part of the cost was picked up by the radio station. They also have a 2nd yet to be named band coming up for the March 1st Ambush game as well.