Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Micol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nojima Stella busy building their new training grounds:
    [​IMG]

This is the model, it should be ready for next season's kick off. They'll be sharing it with Nojima's American Football team, Nojima Sagamihara Rise.
    [​IMG]

KAPIJXM, blissett and unepomme repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :(:(:(

I've never wished so much that your news are indeed "unreliable", for a change...

Noda is a great coach and she's a smiling, energetic face, that you always love seeing at the side of the pitch. And I guess she can make strong binds with players (remember when she consoled Iwabuchi after her injury vs INAC this year? By the way, if that was true, could it be that Mana goes abroad also because there will be no more Akemi Noda at Beleza? o_O).

Teratani, at least, would be a woman. I guess Nadeshiko Legue needs to develop some more women coach and Noda has always been an high profile one. Now, with Fukuoka being relegated, I guess only Okayama Yunogo Belle has a female coach, so NTV Beleza needs to keep Noda, or have a woman coach anyway.

3. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    You know Honda isn't Belle's coach anymore, right?

4. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    What?! Wow.
    (She'll be playing with Birgit Prinz then.)

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  5. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    And, Usami and his wife could help her to adjust to the environment.

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Maybe I shouldn't say this, but in my impression Teratani and Taneda look rather masculine than feminine, though of course I don't know of them in person.

It's certain that strictness is necessary, but I don't want them to lose feminine gentleness either.

7. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Wait a minute, Taneda is a woman? This Taneda?

[​IMG]

8. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I'm not sure whether you are kidding or serious,but Taneda Kaori is a genuine woman.
    You can be sued for sexual harassment.:p

9. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    No, I wouldn't make jokes about that. It's just that she has kind of a gender-neutral face and for some reason I always assumed she was a he instead of, I dunno, looking up her given name. Jeez, I feel like an idiot now.

And, wow, sexual harassment? You guys may not have gender-specific pronouns, but you sure have strict laws... o_O

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I was totally aware... But, while I was at work, I see unepomme answered for me. :D

Although I admit that Midori Honda has way more feminine and gentle traits, looks like Kaori Taneda isn't less a woman coach than her...
    (and in fact, And G, you should have heard before that her first name is a very feminine Kaori o_O)

So, anyone correct me if I am wrong, in 2012 season the only female coaches in Nadeshiko League were: Akemi Noda (NTV Beleza), Kaori Taneda (Okayama Yunogo Belle) and Fukuoka J Anclas' coach, whose name I am sorry not remembering.
    So, since Anclas have been relegated, and newly promoted Vegalta and Takahashi have male coaches, if Noda really retires, we're going to have just one female coach in all Nadeshiko League: it somehow feels wrong that a whole women's football league with 10 clubs has just one female coach, also considering how much specific experience some former players could bring in.
    Well, there were also rumours about Hoshikawa leaving INAC, maybe some female coach could replace him. :p

I have to say that I don't know anything about the situation in Challenge League instead, although I guess most teams have male coaches. For sure, in our beloved FC Bunnies Kyoto :inlove:, Tomomi Akiyama shares goalkeeping AND coaching duties, although i am not sure if she's the main coach. But for sure here an_turtar can be more informative than me, as he always is. :giggle:

11. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Kawashima Mie is the Anclas coach, and next year there will be three women managers in the Challenge League, the other two are Hoyo's Arakawa Sachiko and Pleiades' Yamanashi Kyoko. Akiyama Tomomi is a coach for Bunnys, but not their manager, that's Yamada Osamu.

blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was sure I could count on you. :)

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For a supposedly shy girl, this sure does come across as one hell of a daring footballing choice to make.

But then again, is picking up tips from a world class forward like Prinz, within a new ambitious women's section like Hoffenheim's, really sound that daring or stupid a choice to make when you consider the three years to the next WWC?

14. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Otaki's comment after INAC match - "I had never seen my teammates play so hard".

unepomme, blissett and Saku² repped this.
  15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's news:

Osaka Takatsuki announced that it agreed with coach HonNami to renew his contract to 2015.
    He said, "We will aim at the third place or above next year, and the title from the second year."

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :eek:

18. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope she gets used to it, winters up here last until April. This Sunday will be the coldest day yet, she'll need extra layers. Still, it's not really cold at all in Sendai, it's a good job she didn't sign for Norddea or even Niigata for that matter.

19. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Where did she play before (besides the obvious answer: a warmer place)?

20. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Fukushima prefecture, which is about the same!

21. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :eek: Aaaahhhhh - Nuclear Winter!!!!:p

So...how did she not notice the temperatures the last few years? Very interesting. Or did you have a few warm winters over the last few years?

22. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Well it tends to be warmer by the sea, such as where they played and where I used to live. I'm now about an hour inland and it's much colder and there's far more snow. But even by the coast it's very cold. Winters last a long time. After the tsunami we thought things couldn't get any worse, but then in the evening it did - it started snowing. I kept telling myself it would be ok if we could survive until April, but even in April it was cold.

It's not quite like her Nittaidai day down south though, but it looks like she likes those gloves... the first picture is from January 2009 and the one below is one I took when they last played Nittaidai. They may even be the same pair.
    [​IMG]

vegalta.JPG

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  23. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Here's another picture from that same game. Ideue Asako and Ito Minako fighting with Arimachi Sayaka.

[​IMG]

24. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The second picture currently is my background pic on my lap-top.....:)

25. tokinosumika

tokinosumika Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai