Official: [2012 Matchday 11] Union @ Toronto FC - May 26, 2012 p/d/p [R]

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Dills, May 21, 2012.

1. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've been promised an active transfer window... We will be buried by then.

2. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Bob Rigby needs to go before Novak, he can put a zombie back on the ground. and all the akward pauses. jeez.

3. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still plan on voting for Sebastien Le Toux for the All Star game, would be funny to see Nowak coaching him lol

Mr Martin repped this.
  4. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    They can always do what they did last year, say they talked to a lot of "names" but that nothing could be agreed upon and then just bring someone from some MLS' team reserves and hype him up.

5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the U's attractive play.

[​IMG]

6. Convey Crew

Convey Crew Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Section 115 PPL Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Union FO has to be be sh!$ing their pants, because they are going to have to shell out a bunch of cash to get a DP that will excite the fan base about this sh:t team.

7. CREN

CREN BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES!!! Vote for Le Toux and Califf

Doop and unionchris repped this.
  8. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was ready to celebrate 3 points no matter how ugly we played. But to see this team play such terrible, unattractive soccer and still lose is frustrating as hell.

According to sportsclubstats.com, we now have a 3.5% chance to make the playoffs [insert joke here]. Before we played FC Dallas, I said we'd need 3 wins in the next 5 matches to have an outside chance to make the season interesting. I'll stand by that except we'd now need to win the next 3 league matches (DCU, SKC, @HOU). It's hard to see that happening right now.

Oh, well. Off to watch the US against Scotland.

9. etsjay

etsjay Member

Oct 31, 2011
    PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [quote="UnionTillIDie, post: 25759498, member:]
    Teach Peter that playing for a win is best for this team and not just sit back playing for a tie. Cause you know in the end, we'll just lose in the 88th min playing that way. I hope that is not too much to ask![/quote]

Well then...

KensingtonSC and derek750 repped this.
  10. breslinp

breslinp Member+

Jan 20, 2010
    Malvern, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is it not embarrassing for MLS to have the last place manager in the league coach the All Star team??? He will be booed on ESPN that night of the All Star game. Garber should pick a new manager for the game. Union should pick a new manager for the team.

TonyClarkDOOP and aztec21bas repped this.
  11. TheVisualizer

TheVisualizer Member

Jul 14, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats Toronto FC and your fans, well deserved victory, you completely outclassed us.

No shame to lose to the 2012 Canadian Champs!

I'd also like to congratulate Peter on all his shrewd managerial moves today such as:

-subbing off our best player on the field early in the 2nd half (Herdling) for some unproven no name midget (Hoppenot). I think it's gonna be a pretty easy decision for Kai to make when his loan is up soon, congratulations to him for having the opportunity to jump from this sinking ship

-waiting until 10 minutes left to bring on Josue for Mwanga. Mwanga should have gotten an early hook just like Gaddis for being useless as usual. Why even make a substitution with 10 minutes left, real Managers know you need to give your sub time to work himself into the game.

Please join me in booing this hack when he is announced at PPL Park for rest of the season if you will be attending any matches...

The players laid an egg too, it's not all on Nowak. Here's the list of players that played well today IMO:
    Konopka
    Valdes
    Herdling
    Sheanon

The rest of them were Garbage with a capital G.

The most tragic part of this was bearing the commentary of Bob Rigby, Nick Sack should break him off a serious bonus from our mountain of Allocation Money for the positive spin he put on everything today, what a company guy!

BuddhaWake and US Spurs repped this.
  12. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto.

derek750 repped this.
  13. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to stop watching to enter the code. At first this annoyed me. Then I realized I wasn't missing anything by walking away from the match.

14. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    so the code is only good for the first person who enters it? or for the first 5 minutes? because they have said the code is good until the end of the game and is yet to happen.

15. TheVisualizer

TheVisualizer Member

Jul 14, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i recall them saying it was good until the end of the 1st half today

16. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    oh my mistake. has it always been like this?

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Come on Union ownership, save this club!

18. CREN

CREN BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They told me last week the code should be active until the final whistle.

19. Ascalz

Ascalz BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from the Irish Mile.

I'll...post my thoughts later...when I stop being so pissed off.

20. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is all I can muster.

[​IMG]

Atomic Fury, UnionDues and Phillyspur repped this.
  21. cpurdom

cpurdom Member

Mar 3, 2008
    127 F
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    They can't play without Gomez.
    Gaddis was clearly sick and cost us a sub.
    The ref was horrible again.
    But the rest is about preparation and training.
    For about 20 minutes at the start of the second half they looked pretty good.
    And then they reverted to long balls down the sideline.
    I don't understand what it is they practice, or at what speed.

22. Atomic Fury

Atomic Fury BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 30, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before I comment, I want to give credit where it's due. The Reds earned this one fair and square.

Now the fun stuff...

I'm beginning to think that Andy Reid isn't the worst Philly coach/manager to have outsmarted himself. I don't know if Piotr has a pain fetish or not, but how can anyone in their right mind state that they are extremely disappointed with tonight's loss after essentially ripping the spine (Mondragon, LeToux, Califf) out of the team?

He'd have earned some respect if he said that he was embarrassed by losing to the statistically worst team of the 2012 season.

I think the fans in those priciest bowl seats behind the bench area ought to start riding his butt next time Union dons the togs and then fertilizes the field with - for lack of a better term - their team play.

Better yet, let's embrace the losing because eventually the FO will have to see that Andy...er, Piotr ain't doing the job well enough to justify keeping him around. If I owned the franchise I wouldn't let the ASG get in the way of what's best for my customers. I'd can him and the entire staff, but not before securing a verbal commitment from a much better-qualified manager. Perhaps that's been the true holdup and that the FO is trying to do a better job than before.

(My God, I just made an excuse for the FO)

23. UnionTillIDie

UnionTillIDie Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Section CI
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Well then...[/quote]
    ******** it, I'm with cheese fries!

24. Ascalz

Ascalz BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Nowak isn't fired before the next match, he won't be gone before the All Star Game.

It would embarass the league and the team to have to go through and pick another coach, so of course, they're not going to do it. No, the front office is content to let the team crash and burn for this season.

The team would fully be within it's rights to fire Nowak tomorrow, but I get the feeling that they won't.

25. DOOPist

DOOPist Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Per http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS.html :
    Union's chances of finishing dead last in the MLS (15.2%) are more than 4 times higher than their chances of making the playoffs (3.5%).

The Union is tied with Chivas and TFC for least goals scored (8). The U also has the 2nd least points.

This is so depressing. Can't wait to hear how the front office spins it this week.