OFFICIAL 2012-2013: Roster Moves and Rumors

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estiv-0

Estiv-0 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you really think he would succeed with the Nats?
    I like him, but I feel like he wouldn't make it at the international level for some reason.

2. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the interview hinted at with Bruce Arena on various topics:

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/st...ad-team-third-consecutive-title-espn-magazine

Typical Bruce---pretty closed mouth, gives tidbits of information, very professional. Sometime after he's done coaching some reporter needs to get him blasted on martinis and find out what he REALLY thinks about all the stuff that's gone on in his coaching career.

Berks, Beirut and Estiv-0 repped this.
  3. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sigi has been absolutely medicore at best with seattle. the guy is an idiot tactically, playing rosales up front?

no i honestly dont think he deserves a shot. If we need to turn it around last minute w/o klinsmann (i dont think he got his fair shot just yet) then the man for the job is Bradley (if we can lure him away, doubtful). he knows the players already, bruce hasnt worked with 75% of them. Plus we need him in LA, period.

4. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree with that, he was pretty open. LOVED that he called eurosnobs idiots. He was tight lipped on the national team but that was just him being a proper professional

Not really sure what he means with this tho:
    No team has won three consecutive MLS Cups. If the Galaxy pull that off this year, what would it mean for the team and the league?
    I don't think the league would be happy. The league's plan is to not have any club be particularly good for an extended period of time. That's the basis of the single entity [ownership structure], to bring about parity. It would be good for our organization, but that's not our focus.

Isn't our focus to win championships???

5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce, referring to LD's sabbatical:

"Again the modern athlete is a little different. That is an example of it."

aka, they are a bunch of lil' whiners

6. Estiv-0

Estiv-0 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with this.

7. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Sigi is an idiot tactically? Really as compared with Klinsmann (when it widely recognized that he looks to his assistants for technical guidance)? Sigi is recognized as being a great defensive tactical coach, Klinsmann is thought not to care about the defense.

Outside of a quarter-final 2006 WC win, with a what should now be recognized as a talented German side, Klinsmann has won zip. Sigi by contrast has won MLS Cups at both LA and Columbus, and built Seattle up from nothing. He has also coached the U-20 MNT.

dashiel repped this.
  8. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's awesome.

I think the schism from some in the media over his "Americans in the NT" comment comes from misunderstanding.

My interpretation is that if the US is developing talent domestically, it shouldn't need to go scouring the globe for players who might technically qualify for the team. That they do means that either those players aren't emerging or the manager isn't doing a good enough job in identifying them. From some of his other comments, I got the feeling he was implying the latter somewhat. But given that he had a few "non"-Americans (for want of a better term) in his rosters, I doubt he was going all "Preston Zimmerman" on us.

zuqiu85 repped this.
  9. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we get to the point where JK is let go, it will be because we are in danger of not qualifying. While I don't think retreads are the way forward in the long term, if you're neck deep in qualifying and need results quickly, Bruce (or Bradley), is exactly who I'd want in the short term. He's been there, done that. He knows US soccer perhaps better than anyone, not to mention what it takes to qualify in this region. There isn't time to allow Sigi or any other coach the ability to make the team his.

I REALLY hope it doesn't come to that, however. It would mean bad things as both a Galaxy and USMNT fan.

10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QFT.

11. bbbmmmlll

bbbmmmlll Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please don't call Bruce, Bradley or Sigi in. If we want to play Bradley ball we should be able to do it without him.

If JK has a weakness, it appears that he doesn't surround himself with a strong support team. Maybe he felt burned after Loew and prefers yes men. I don't know, but he needs stronger assistants. Look at Bruce with two former head MLS coaches and a couple player coaches.

12. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont even know why jurgen brought in Germany/America players for, they are lazy on the field and dont bring a good chemistry to the national team. I trust klinnsy but he has to remember this is USA he is managing not Germany 2.0

kaburu repped this.
  14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theyre Americans and they're not the problem

Berks repped this.
  15. Estiv-0

Estiv-0 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd disagree with that to some extent. Terrence Boyd really seems to be American. He is just so exuberant about pulling on the Stars and Stripes. Jermaine Jones? Not so much. He seems like an extension of Klinsmann in the sense that winning or losing isn't that big of a deal to them. It may not be that way, but that's the perception they give off.
    So yeah, when the locker room is reportedly divided between American born players and German born players and some of them not seemingly caring about results, they could be part of the problem.

16. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As a Man Utd supporter, the Chandler and Johnson injuries coming out of nowhere has a hint of the Giggs-for-Wales about it...

EDIT: PS, with active threads around BS regarding the USMNT, why are we discussing this in the Galaxy Roster thread?

Beirut repped this.
  17. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't heard the locker room is split between German and American born players, maybe I missed it but I thought it was universal unrest with Klinsmann.

Also I wouldn't call Jermaine Jones uncommitted. Of all the USMNT he really doesn't need to be there, he earns more than everyone in the squad. For a guy playing for a top club and earning a bit of money what's the incentive of flying to Central American countries unless you care a little bit? Given his comments awhile back about being black and German in Germany you can clearly see playing for the USMNT means something to him. Chandler on the other hand is a different story.

73Bruin repped this.
  18. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus, Jones was brought in under Bradley, wasn' he? In fact, I think Chandler also was. There's a tendency to think of them as "Jurgen's Germans" (sounds like a 50s sticom) but only Johnson and Williams were actually brought in by JK.

SoCalYid and phoenixhazard repped this.
  19. Estiv-0

Estiv-0 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, his play doesn't always show that. Maybe I'm a bit cynical, but I still don't think him choosing the US has to do with how American he feels. I think all soccer players aspire to play for their countries and for Jones, playing for Germany was never going to happen. He's good but not Schweinsteiger/Kroos/Khedira good. Seeing that the US is constantly getting to the WC, he probably felt we were a good second option.

This is just my own opinion due to how he plays when he's with us and when he's with Shalke.

20. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna cut and paste and reply to this in the USMNT NG threat.

21. Kimair

Kimair Member

Jul 17, 2009
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Quick question, sorry if wrong thread, are we invited to the White House again this year? Anyone heard anything about it? I hope it happens!

22. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's happening on Monday. Donovan will rejoin the team at the White House (the scumbag) ;)

23. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are not. The Kings and Galaxy are. I guess our tours got cancelled because of the sequester.

Topper, esco300 and Ghosting repped this.
  24. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh is that what they told you?

(Don't tell him we're going guys, he'll be crushed to know he's out of the loop)

The Cadaver repped this.
  25. LA GALAXIAN

LA GALAXIAN Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carlo suing:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4855851/Carlo-Cudicini-sues-single-mum-for-300000.html

GOT A STORY? EMAIL: TALKBACK@THE-SUN.CO.UK
    £40k-a-week Spurs goalie sues single mum for £300,000
    Cudicini's compo claim for crash which 'damaged his career'
    [​IMG]
    Injured ... Carlo Cudicini after the crash
    LONDON MEDIA
    EXCLUSIVE
    By ANDY CRICK
    Published: 22 hrs ago
    [​IMG]
    MILLIONAIRE ex-Tottenham goalie Carlo Cudicini is suing a single mum for £300,000 over a road accident.
    The Italian star — who was on £40,000 a week at Spurs — broke his wrist and pelvis when his motorbike collided with Jennifer Bernard’s car.
    In a lawsuit, Cudicini, 39, claims the crash in November 2009 left him up to £8.8million out of pocket.
    He is suing Jennifer, 28, and her insurers for £300,000 in damages — alleging that his injuries were caused by her “negligence”.
    The mum of three — who earns £800 a month at Asda — was cleared of any criminal wrongdoing by police after a five-month investigation.
    Cudicini recovered to carry on playing and joined David Beckham’s old American club LA Galaxy two months ago.
    His £8.8million figure is made up of expenses, loss of earnings and future loss of wages.
    It includes an £8,235 chauffeur bill for the time he was out injured and his family’s £1,865 travel costs when they looked after him in Italy.
    He says his mother was his carer for a month at a cost of £800. And his medical bills include a chiropractor at a Harley Street clinic costing £1,550.
    [​IMG]
    Shocked ... driver Jennifer Bernard
    Cudicini — who joined Tottenham from Chelsea — also claims that had the crash not happened he may have become No1 keeper at Spurs.
    Before the accident he was vying for the first team spot with Heurelho Gomes. After he returned to action, the club signed Brad Friedel as cover.
    Cudicini claimed this may not have happened if he had been fit. This pushed him down the pecking order and affected his bargaining power during contract talks.
    [​IMG]
    Smash ... bike and car at scene
    Customer services worker Jennifer, of Enfield, North London, said she was shocked to receive court papers from Cudicini’s lawyers.
    She said: “I could see he was making a claim but I couldn’t understand why. I just think it’s greed.”
    Arsenal fan Jennifer is not going to be made financially liable as part of the proceedings. But she is still listed as a defendant with insurers Aviva and Service Insurance Company Limited.
    [​IMG]
    In goal for Spurs ... Carlo Cudicini
    Her £500 Ford Fiesta — her first car — was written off in the crash in Walthamstow, East London.
    Daughter Sophia, five, was showered in glass when the rear passenger window shattered.
    Cudicini was unavailable for comment yesterday.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4855851/Carlo-Cudicini-sues-single-mum-for-300000.html#ixzz2OP63ay00