Official 2009 Seleccion Ecuatoriana Thread

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Manolo, Feb 12, 2009.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Last I checked, the name of this thread is:

Official 2009 Seleccion Ecuatoriana Thread

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol...

back on topic....

Kaviedes should not get a call up because
    1. he has no team
    2. he lacks professionalism
    3. his fitness level is very questionable at the moment (see 1)
    4. he has no team!!!!
    5. he still has an arbitration issue in question with LDU possibly blocking him from playing anyway.

3. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hahaha, lol yea, no hard feelings and sorry about brining up the Colombian squad, but thanks for the info on Kaviedes I think everyone is on the same page.

4. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    jaja, relax man I was kind of joking :D
    You got point, and I'm not saying you are lying....
    The only certain thing is that Ecuadorian football TODAY, not in 1996......is above colombiche football

5. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    agreed.

6. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    haha, yea, I guess I tried making too much of a point but only in support of Ecua football. I think Ecuador is blessed with a truly great team with a good mix. Nothing more, no struggle to pick and choose every position like Colombia I guess. But yea, lets get back to the topic, sorry

7. YeYeto

YeYeto New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    As you all know the next phase of the qualifiers is near. Two key matches that will determine the hopes of going to the world cup for Ecuador. Both matches will be played in Quito.
    Now I heard that some of the players from foreign leagues didnt want to come to Quito to play in their last friendly (against England u21). If this was the case my question to all of you is: since Ecuador has so many starters in foreign leagues, why not make the games in Guayaquil, where the crowds are much more passionate? Also wouldnt it be better for the fitness of the team to not play at 2800 meters. Remember that the last two world cup teams most of the players still played in the local league.

8. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dream of the Seleccion coming back to the Costa ... back to Guayaquil in the Monumental ! Oh maaaaaaan !! I would get on a plane just to catch a game.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think the biggest reason, aside from altitude was that USUALLY the games are played in the nation's capital, which for several countries means it's most prestigious and biggest city. Ecuador probably wants to keep the tradition of playing in the nation's capital and I'd like to keep it that way (I'm from Quito LOL) but I agree that Guayaquil's importance to the nation merits attention in the form of several games....

10. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually ... NO. before recently going Bogota.. Colombia played in Barranquilla.... where it's known as Colombia's real futbol home.... Brasil... when do you ever hear them playing in Brasilia when they actually do come play in Brasil???? That is not true. As for biggest city, then that would be Guayaquil .... money maker .... Guayaquil ...... more population=more fans ... Guayaquil ........ Biggest stadium after the Maracana in Sout America = way more fans and money making.... Guayaquil. Quito could stay with its prestige all the way up in sky... but going back to Guayaquil would be smartest move especially now that Ecuadorian futbol is waaaay more globalized and players see the real set backs to playing at that altitude. Guayaquil would be the real deal ... I could see the monumental filled to capacity about 90,000 or so with die hard fans and even the sur oscura haciendo barra a la seleccion... that would be incredible.

11. SurOscura

SurOscura New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    i asked this same question way back when. guayaquil used to be where they played it, but they couldnt get people to come like they did to quito. wether this is because of teams popularity then, or because of the height factor i dont know. I would like a set of friendlies played there, see how the players play to the heat. Man Guayaquil is hot! after that set of friendlies if it attracted crowds and the seleccion adapted well to playing in the heat, i would definitely move the homefield to Guayaquil. I like both places, we just need a stadium in el oriente and we'd have one stadium for every environment hahaha. Oh i heard that they were going to rematar el Monumental, if that happed it would be an Ecua football tragedy.

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Okay..but look at Mexico, they play in Mexico City. In England, they play in London...in France, Paris......Italy, Rome....Spain, Madrid...Costa Rica, San Jose...Also, you have not factored in the fact that the seleccion would need to pay rent to Barcelona for the game because it's not owned by the federacion, or the local organization like AFNA. So in actuality, they'd have to play in the estadio Modelo unless they want to share a huge fraction of the gross earnings with the club so it might not actually work out to the advantage of the federation. I actually think the reason why the players didn't want to go to Ecuador was because it wasn't a FIFA day and they would lose so much time in the trips and maybe compromise their spot on the starting 11 for the week.

13. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hmmm, tal vez, habria que estudiarlo mas y ver que pasa....
    Pero yo espero que en Quito se sientan bien y siga todo en orden porque ya estoy acostumbrado a ir a todos los partidos jeje.
    Es mas, manana compro el abono para los partidos contra las cariocas y los paraguas :)

Oye y te acpeto que los costenios tienen mejores barras en general por su forma de ser, pero yo siempre voy a la general noroeste, donde sacamos la bandera gigante.....ahi el ambiente es excelente, si hay buenas barras serranas, solo que somos menos.
    La sur oscura serrana es igual de arrecha tambien por ejemplo ;)

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I live in Florida and went back to Quito a few weeks ago, the altitude didn't affect me and parts of my community in south florida are a few feet below sea level! If you're in peak physical condition there is no reason why you can't acclimate better to the altitude than someone like me who isn't in soccer-form...when we win we don't want to say its the altitude that helped our guys out, when we lose we blame it on the altitude affecting our players- its clearly a double standard...either the altitude affects everyone, or it doesn't!

15. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Opino igual, y ademas la altura es algo que se sobredimensiona.....existe, pero no deberia afectar a jugadores profesionales que tienen que estar listos para todo., para eso ganan tantos millones...
    A mi tampoco me afecta la altura para nada, tal vez porque sea Quiteño, pero vivi casi 5 años en Boston y al regresar no la senti para nada....es mas, nunca la he sentido...

16. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but you guys are not going to play 90 min games running and jumping up and down that field playing your life out in it.. are you??

I for one, am from Guayaquil and been living here in NyC since the age 3, although I do visit frequently my home city... both are coastal cities at sea level. But the first time I visited, the sierra was 2 years ago.. mind you guys, it was beautiful and ride getting there was breath taking with the scenic views and all, but I felt the altitude in Cuenca... my head felt the pressure and I found my self short of breathe for some time. And I was in Cuenca staying in a nice hotel called El Quixote btw!... I wonder how Quito would be like, I have never been to the capital except for flight connections....

17. YeYeto

YeYeto New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Really... I did not know that they didnt attract big crowds back when the games where held in Guayas. We have to take into consideration the fact that back then Ecuador was not as "succesfull" as it is now. Having frienldly matches to measure the crowds is a great idea but they dont even do that anymore. The last friendly they were gonna play was going to be in Quito before it was moved to Spain. I too like both places but now more than ever we need "el jugador #12" in the field. I'm from Quito but I think the crowds in Guayaquil can create greater anxiety in the opposing teams.

18. YeYeto

YeYeto New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Are you kidding me...altitude wheter we like it or not played a role in helping us get to the world cup. Now having a good team that performs is something that we have gotten better, no question about it. Otherwise if it was the altitude itself Ecuador and Bolivia would have been in every World Cup ever held...but that was not the case as we all know. You can really make a comparison with the players that play everyday in the altitude of Quito or for that matter all the teams from "la sierra" they are accostumed to this scientific fact. I would never forget the time when Brazil had the oxygen tanks in the bench...Juninio was asfixiating!!!!!!!!

19. YeYeto

YeYeto New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Exactly....man you have to go to Quito...is freaking nice...

20. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah Quito is my second favorite city besides manta.

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Altitude helps, and it hurts but I'm saying that when an other team comes to Ecuador and they lose, they'll usually blame it solely on the altitude and rarely on bad play. This becomes a key argument because Ecuador will minimize the altitude's effect on a team like Argentina or Brazil and say we beat a technically strong squad with good experience due to a high level of play, etc. If Ecuador loses, the convenient new excuse has and will be the altitude...against Venezuela there was speculation that our players were winded, also against Colombia yet we won't take responsibility for a poor performance, lack of heart, or disinterest. Look at Argentina that beat us in Quito in the 2002 WCQ, or Brazil that historically has dominated us until several years ago, as has been the case with Uruguay and Paraguay which have all been lowland countries. Yes altitude has helped, but it really doesn't tip the scales in anybody's favor...its more of a scapegoat for bigger problems that don't want to be addressed.

22. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's exactly right, como dije antes es sobredimensionado....afecta pero minimo, y peor en un profesional. No inclina la balanza....
    Ese man defendiendo el argumento de los del cono sur :rolleyes:
    En fin, ya hemos demostrado que podemos ganar afuera, inclusive al mas alto nivel en el pasado mundial...hemos conseguido cosas importantes al fin porque nuestro futbol ha evolucionado mucho y esta a un buen nivel duela a quien le duela.

P.D. El Palmerias y el Cruzeiro se prepararon muy bien y no se noto jamas que les cojio el famoso soroche...
    Fue tan obvio que los hinchas del Palmeiras por primera vez creo, no culparon la derrota contra LDUQ a la altura, sino a supuestas " fallas defensivas ". Ya estan pisando la tierra al fin, esa excusa esta menos ridicula al menos jeje...
    Cuando el Cruzeiro goleo en Bolivia no se noto nada tampoco de los famosos efectos de la altura.
    Como conclusion y con esto les cago a los miedosos de la famosa altura:

El efecto de la altura SI existe y no es mito, pero puede ser contrarestada con una buena preparacion y asi se anula la desventaja.

23. YeYeto

YeYeto New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I sure hope you guys are right. BTW I'm arguing for my self, an Ecuadorian who thinks objectively about the situation, not for the guys from the "cono sur".

24. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Vizuete: Tricolor se jugara la vida

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Vizuete not calling up Borja, Quinonez, Tenorio, Lara, and Bolanos isn't surprising because of injuries/lack of playing time in their respective clubs. For those of you who don't know Joao Rojas, Jefferson Montero, and Deison Mendez have been confirmed for the games against Brazil & Paraguay. On top of that you can add 14 more players: Cevallos, Hurtado, Espinoza, I.Mina(???), Reasco, Ambrossi, E.Mendez, A.Valencia, J.Guerron, C.Noboa, W.Ayovi, S.Castillo, C.Benitez, and F.Caicedo... I just hope that out of the other 9 players remaining (since theres going to be 26 players called up) names such as Carlos Castro, Omar De Jesus, and Segundo Matamba are NOT included due to the fact that they have no recieved minutes in their club (like De Jesus) and fail to meet the requirements in a national team level (Castro & Matamba). As far as Jorge Guagua I'm not a fan of him either.

My guess is that HOPEFULLY the other nine players will consist of names such as: Banguera, Mendoza (Keepers) J.Campos, Geovanny Nazareno (Defense) Urrutia, Saritama, Quiroz, F.Hidalgo (Mid) Narciso Mina > Pablo Palacios (Forwards)