Official 2004 J.League Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by LiveinYokohama, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ACL Qualification

Are you sure if Iwata will play in ACL. I mean last year (2002/2003 season), I think the 2002 J-league champ, Kashima and Shimizu the 2002 Nabisco cup winner qualified.

Well I guess it make sense, because Iwata did not play in ACL yet, even though they were the champ.

I wonder if the ACL eligibility will depend on the pervious year's champ and the cup winner from 2005 season.

2. LiveinYokohama

LiveinYokohama New Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Re: ACL Qualification

My post
    >The teams which join from Japan are IWATA(2003 J-league champion) and YOKOHAMA(2004 J-league champion).
    sorry.It is a mistake. IWATA(2002 J-league champion) and YOKOHAMA(2003 J-league champion).

3. LiveinYokohama

Dec 1, 2001
    Re: ACL Qualification

>shuvy87
    >I mean last year (2002/2003 season), I think the 2002 J-league champ, Kashima and Shimizu the 2002 Nabisco cup winner qualified.

02-03ACL started in 02'August, and ended in 03'October.(Although it was due to finish in 03'August, it was overdue under the influence of SARS)
    J.League starts in March,and ends in December. Therefore 2002 J.League champion couldn't participate in 02-03ACL.

>I wonder if the ACL eligibility will depend on the and the cup winner from 2005 season.

Yes. From 2004, The start of ACL changed in February.
    Therefore the pervious year's J-champion and the cup winner can participate.

4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a slight issue with the ordering process of soem of the sportign goods sites. I'm attempting to order goods (Marinos goods) but the sites I've been too do NOT have an option for those of us ordering from outside of Japan. What are the chances of me finding a site that will have this option???

5. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    If you want the Marinos jersey from this year, it's available at Subside.co.uk in England. They ship internationally. It's kind of pricey $110, but from what I remember, that's more or less how much jerseys cost in Japan.

www.subside.co.uk

6. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I noticed that when I was in Japan this summer. It's actually cheaper to buy a Japan shirt from Subside (with shipping) in the UK than to buy it in Japan.
    I visited a few shops where they had European kits marked down. They had a Nakamura Reggina shirt for less than 7,000 yen and an Ono Feyenoord shirt for about the same. No wonder Euro clubs are so popular...

7. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already know about Subside and plan on ordering from them soon. I'm just wondering about sites that don't have a foreign option in their ordering process. I would like to order t-shirts scarves, and DVD also, especially from this memorable season. Just frustrating not being able to actually BE in Japan.

8. Muddec

Muddec New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Football schedule February 2004

Hi there,

I'm a Dutch football fan. I'll be in Japan between 14-20 February 2004. Are there any games during these days in the Tokyo area?

Thanks!

9. LiveinYokohama

Dec 1, 2001
    Re: Football schedule February 2004

Since J-League will start in March, there is no game of J-league during these days.
    But, there is a game of national team in 18 February. It is a first game of the Asia primary of 2006 World Cup. Japan vs Oman.

10. LiveinYokohama

Dec 1, 2001
    Emperor's CUP

There will be the Emperor's CUP Round 3 tomorrow. It has already ended to Round 2. J1 team participates from Round 3.

Yokohama.M vs Ichiritsu Funabashi High School
    Kyoto Sanga vs Sanfrecce HIROSHIMA
    Kashiwa Reysol vs OMIYA Ardija
    Kashima Antlers vs Avispa FUKUOKA
    C.OSAKA vs Arrows Hokuriku(JFL)
    G.OSAKA vs Konsadole SAPPORO
    Vissel KOBE vs Montedio YAMAGATA
    F.TOKYO vs Honda FC(JFL)
    JEF ICHIHARA vs Otsuka Seiyaku(JFL)
    OITA Trinita vs KAWASAKI Frontale
    SHIMIZU S-pulse vs MITO Holly Hock
    URAWA Reds vs SHONAN bellmare
    NAGOYA Granpus vs YOKOHAMA FC
    TOKYO.V vs Ventfolet KOFU
    Vegalta SENDAI vs Albirex NIIGATA
    Jubilo IWATA vs Sagawa Kyubin Tokyo SC(JFL)

An interesting macth is "Yokohama.M vs Ichiritsu Funabashi High School".
    This is "J-league Champ vs Youth Champ".

11. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Emperor's CUP

I made a tread for Emperor's Cup

12. Muddec

Muddec New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Re: Emperor's CUP

Thanks for this, that is great news. Which of the teams are in the Tokyo area? And do you already know when exactly the games are played?

13. LiveinYokohama

Dec 1, 2001
    >Muddec
    The place and time of WC primary game on February 18 are not decided yet. Probably the game will be held in Tokyo(National stadium).

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    J-League honors were awarded on Dec 15 at the Yokohama Arena.

Most Valuable Player: Emerson (Urawa Reds)

Best XI: (3-4-3) Seigo Narazaki (Nagoya Grampus); Keisuke Tsuboi (Urawa) Yuji Nakazawa, Dutra (Yokohama Marinos); Mitsuo Ogasawara (Kashima Antlers), Daisuke Oku (Yokohama), Takashi Fukunishi (Jubilo Iwata), Yasuhito Endo (Gamba Osaka); Emerson (Urawa), Tasuhiko Kubo (Yokohama), Ueslei (Nagoya)

Top Scorer: Ueslei (22 goals total)

Rookie of the Year: Daisuke Nasu (Yokohama)

Fairplay Award: Yuichi Nemoto (Vegalta Sendai), Hitoshi Sogahata (Kashima) Naoaki Ishikawa (FC Tokyo) Shohei Ikeda (Shimizu S-Pulse)

Manager of the Year/Champion: Takeshi Okada (Yokohama)

Special Manager Award: Ivica Osim (JEF United Ichihara)

Top Referee: Toru Kamikawa

Top Referee's Assistant: Yoshikazu Hiroshima

J1 Best Pitch: Kashima Sadium

join Award: Albirex Niigata (Home attendance - 667,447 (30,339 per match) Away attendance - 208,948 (9,498 per match))

Career Achievement Award: Masami Ihara, Masahiro Fukuda (both Urawa), Tsuyoshi Kitazawa (Kawasaki/Tokyo Verdy)

I love Oka-chan's comment after receiving the Champion Manager award.

15. Muddec

Muddec New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    That would be very interesting. I take it the game will be played in the evening, so I might try to leave work early and visit the game (if I can get back afterwards of course).

16. Muddec

Muddec New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Thanks everyone, for helping me out. However, I had to cancel my trip to Japan, so I won't be watching any football there either. Maybe in the (near) future...

17. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Start a separate Japan board....

Can't you guys start a separate Japan board for the Japan National Teams and J. League? As long as you get someone [or two] to volunteer to be the board mod, it should be no problem.
    It looks like I got here too late to go to any of the games...maybe next time.

18. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Re: Start a separate Japan board....

Just to head things off at the pass ... no.

It's been discussed, brought up and brought up again and the consensus is that the board (bored?) regulars are happy with keeping Japan NT and J-League discussions in the main forum.

Personally, I always liked the sense of community the lack of subforums created. I suppose I'm just strange like that, though.

19. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Okay. Works for me.

20. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see "Santa" Suzuki-san set the proposal for an 18 team, single season in 2005.

21. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    what? this is news to me! details? No, I like the two stage format. Even though the last 2 champions did the "double," I like the year end playoff.

22. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Here's the only english version that I found about the changing the rule:

J.League to alter format FootballAsia.com

I like the sigle stage format.

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Urawa Reds will announce the purchase of Allesandro Santos from Shimizu S-Pulse, for about 420 million yen (about $3.5 million), the largest transfer fee paid for a Japanese player.

The previous high was 350 million yen Verdy Kawasaki paid Yokohama Flugel for Masakiyo Maezono in 1997.

24. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Not that I doubt you, skip, but do you have links with said info?

I would've liked to see what Alex could've done wearing Charlton red instead of Urawa red. Hopefully those dopes running S-Pulse will be able to do something positive with the cash.

25. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC