Official 2003-2004 NHL Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by SABuffalo786, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    [​IMG]
    Source: NHL.com via AP

Anyone else like the Wild third jerseys? Classic look.

2. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I love em.

I could not believe how good the Devils looked last night in the first period against the Leafs. It's typical for any team that goes to the Stanley Cup finals to not get back in gear until about December, and the Devils have even missed the playoffs the year after winning the Cup. But they were looking *great* last night, basically flying right around Toronto and creating more power play chances in 20 minutes than I saw them create all of last season.

Then I turn the game back on after watching some of the baseball, and they're down 2-1.

Luckily, Brylin saves a point for us with 2 seconds left. Though the Devs had a couple really good chances in the OT, too.

3. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    meanwhile the rangers finished with a heroic 0-0 tie against the Thrashers

4. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Rangers are a complete joke. Get used to it.

Avs and Oilers about the drop the puck on the Edmondton ice. I know it's early but this should be a fun one. I'm wondering how much being on what's generally considered the best ice surface in the NHL will help the Avs' O.

5. Sykotyk

Sykotyk Member

Jun 9, 2003
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know why the Pittsburgh Penguins wore white at home against Detroit, I thought they changed the rules that the home team had to wear dark (or their dark alternative) while the road team wore white.

Just something that has bugged me, since I don't like the change back to dark at home and this goes against the supposed new rule.

Sykotyk

6. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Couldn't tell ya about the uni switch.

I can tell you that SOMEONE will score on just about every Colorado Avalanche Power Play, or at least a lot of them. 3 for 7 (if they don't convert on the current one), but two shorthanded goals by Edmondton. And of course I didn't play Marty Reasoner tonight on my fantasy team and he scored the second one.

7. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    The Coyotes' new home and away unis are in the classic/retro groove, too, just red and white with a coyote head for the logo. Major improvement over those horrific, kaleidoscopic abominations they had worn since moving down from Loseapeg.

How's attendance in your neck of the woods, anyone? At Sharks/Ottawa the other night SJ was about 4K short of a sellout, worst attendance since their first year at the SJ Arena (1993). One end of the arena was pretty much empty in the upper and lower bowls. When one of the best teams in the NHL is in town. Ouch.

Ottawa looks like the real deal. Again. Wonder when they're finally gonna clutch up and go all the way. Sharks had an incredibly hard time working the puck around the neutral zone, yet still outshot the Sens because almost all their opportunities came on odd man rushes or dump-chase-grinds. Lalime looks like he's going to be one of the premier netminders.

8. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone see Dallas' new third jerseys? Talk about ugly. What's with third jerseys this year in sports? The NBA has a bunch of new third jerseys and seems like a couple in the NHL do as well. Still, I think the worst third jersey in the NHL right now are the Islanders. Disgusting.

Rangers won finally. Good game, good fights. They looked like a team.

9. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Flyers are #1 in ESPN's power rankings. Just a matter of time till Clarke fcuks that up.

10. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Calling all Bostonians:

While don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to see the Bruins win tonight (2 years in a row in the one home game I want to see the Avs lose!), does anyone know why Samsonov was a healthy scratch?

Found it interesting that's all. After the Tampa Bay game it looked like it'd be a long season for the Bruins. Since then, it's early, but 4-0-1, 4-1-2 overall is far better than I ever expected. Is this reality? Time will tell. I get the chance to go to the Bruins-Canes game on Thursday, being home for a few days. Will be interesting.

11. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    BLUES fall behind 3-0 in edmonton last night... then scored 5 unanswered and end up winning 6-4

yeah... we rock

12. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    i remember you were 0-5 behind in toronto and beat them 6-5 but you'll never won the big one yet

13. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

the key word sir

14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    ok time for a rant...

if anybody sees shane heyer on the eve of officiating another BLUES game, could you please knee cap his ass - he was a terrible linesman and now he's a shambolic referee - he basically gifted vancouver a 3-2 win last night with his crap - first, he calls dallas drake for a bogus goalie interference with the BLUES up a goal - then with about 4 to play, he gives pronger four minutes for nothing when that 250 lb. puzzy ass bertuzzi flops like a fish out of water - if that wasn't enough, he gives the BLUES four more penalties in the final 3 minutes until vancouver scores with 12 seconds left in regulation - what a freakin' joke

FROM THE ST. LOUIS POST DISPATCH
    "I was playing the puck and he dove. I put my arm around to spin him and he flops down like he's 120 pounds."

Blues winger Dallas Drake offered a similar assessment during his chat with the Vancouver Province.

"He weighs 250 pounds and he went down like he had training wheels on," Drake said. "Guys who weigh 250 pounds aren't supposed to go down that easy. But that's the game today."

bertuzzi best keep a seat on the bench if the next meeting ends up one-sided either way because he is gonna get beat down - i hate that baby, italian soccer garbage: he barely gets touched and he goes down like he was shot... AT TWO HUNDRED FIFTY POUNDS!!! all i can say is *#*#*#*# a bunch of him and double-*#*#*#*# a bunch of shane heyer

15. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Islanders finally lost :(

There's something about us playing in Canada.

16. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    and the Rangers won :)

3-1 against the red Wings

17. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I really couldn't care less for the NYR, but after hearing today they have a $77 million payroll, I ask you: WHY DO THEY SUCK SO HARD?

18. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    the BLUES just keep winning despite being without macinnis, jackman, boguenicki, mellanby, salvador, etc.

johnson throws the 1-0 shutout against nashville tuesday night, then the boys outscore detroit in the joe 6-5 wednesday night - these guys look all business

19. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    well i also don't give a shite over your Corinthinak team or whatever you call it but as for the mighty NYR i can only say it's a great shame

20. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i know you love your team man and i'm cool with that... but the what what?!

21. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    before there were the Blues there were the BROADWAY BLUES

ALWAYS remember that and i still prefer a team that is part of the original six and won the big one 4 times on another expansion team that has never won it despite making it to the post season 2 decades in a row

BTW,i'm glad you beat the DRW i can't stand them

22. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Corinthinak??? I've never heard of such team. Regardless, chances are, like the NYR (and Maccabi Haifa, for that matter), I don't give two shits about how they do either.
    PS>And you still failed to answer the question I posed, it still stands, I don't care how much tradition the NYR have, they've been in Sucktown for too long for a team with such a massive payroll. Any takers?

23. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make no mistake, Devils fans hate the Rangers. But most Rangers fans would probably say they save their bitterest hatred and vitriol for the Isles.

My fellow Devils fans might now begin to agree -- New Jersey's real rivalry is with the Philadelphia Flyers. And after the Flyers went up 2-0 last night, I seriously almost kicked my TV in. But the Devs showed a lot of resiliency and heart in coming back and stealing the win. The game winner was one of the flukiest goal Hackett will ever let in, but who cares? Philly chokes again. :D

And NJ finally wins at home...

24. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Re: Re: Official 2003-2004 NHL Regular Season Thread [R]

because you can't yankee your way to a great NHL team - as much as with soccer, hockey demands chemistry and balance within a team - the rangers have a lot of cats makin' too much coin playing for themselves

25. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC

i personally hate you more than the Isles(probably coz i HATE red and coz you beat us all the time :(
    you should've stay in Denver