Off topic question for those who live in England.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ferris, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    It looks like I might have to move to a city in England called Croughton in March. Does anyone know anything about the place; does it have good pubs, closeness to good football matches, nightlife? I know a lot of Yanks live there but that is about it....is there anything else that I should know? Obviously I'm pretty excited about seeing some games at Old Trafford, how hard is it to get to Manchester from there (given that I won't have a car)?
    thanks!

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like Croughton is in/around Northampton which puts you relatively close to Leicester and Birmingham. That's three EPL clubs close by - Leicester City, Birmingham City and Aston Villa. You can catch a rail from Birmingham to Manchester on match days. Although, you are closer to London than Manchester as well from the looks of it...

3. Ticles

Ticles New Member

May 26, 2003
    England
    I can't say I've ever heard of the place, but getting to manchester shouldn't be a problem, theres an extensive train network over here... unless your town is out in the sticks, it shouldn't be any trouble getting about. And if you're living near birmingham, not having a car is a very good thing... that place is the absolute worst for huge traffic jams

4. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Yeah, thanks for the info!
    Looks like its super small, was just hoping someone had been through the area and could tell me a little of what it is like (that I can't find on the internet). Definitely going to start looking for Manchester tickets....I wonder if they play Leicester, Birmingham, or Aston Villa after March....

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/fixtures/default.stm

Birmingham - April 10
    Villa - May 15 - Last game of the season

Those are the league matches, but also remember that some games are re-scheduled for when FA Cup play interferes as well as Champs League and Carling Cup fixtures as well, so pay attention!

6. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you serious! Do you know the state of our railways!

:D