*#*#*#*# Off Back To Georgia!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrocorazon, Oct 15, 2003.

1. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Yah piece of shyte, no heart, no talent, bum!

I hope MLS doesnt doesnt resign your ass and you rot on some 3rd division English team.

2. Gar7

Gar7 New Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Southington, CT
    Depending on the team, he might actually get paid more.

3. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    he probably just thought this was another game that in his mind, "didn't matter"...i just hope everyone else is still sold on him so we can cash him in for a real forward thats wants to DALE DALE METRO

4. mscheffel

mscheffel New Member

Jul 29, 1999
    NJ, US
    If Mathis starts anywhere but the bench next game tonight was the last game (other than the Nats) that I attend at Giants stadium.

5. metro4ever

metro4ever New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Metroland-NJ
    Mathis # is up ...he must go let the young talent drive our team to the top and while we are at it lets get rid of that pityful #10 as well

6. Soccertes

Soccertes Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really hurts when I watch last year's 2002 WC and see Mathis play when he was at his best. :( What happened to him? I want Mathis 2002 back! (Actually I want Mathis 2001 back).

7. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You beat me to starting this thread. I never imagined 2 years ago that it would come to this.

When he first came to the Metros, I thought he was a dumb hick. When he had that cute thing with the "I Love NY" t-shirt, I thought I had him all wrong and that he was a shrewd businesman. I was right the first time.....he's a dumb hick.

I'm glad he was booed tonight. So long.

8. For Clint to have been yanked so early in a significant match means that Bob must have really hated something he was seeing out there. Whatever it was, if Clint came out early tonight I'll bet he does not start this weekend. It's a shame but I guess it had to happen.

BTW, but for Gueverra, who in the midfield is really contributing? I think the midfield is our weakest part of the team.

As for Juststandandwait, he may prove to be the first big signing mistake that Bob Bradley has made for the Metro. He added nothing tonight, not a thing -- just old, slow, and in no hurry to go.

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

This is funny.

The entire Metro offense generates one good chance which Jusko boots into outer space and it's all Mathis's fault.

I don't know about anyone else around here but I sure would rather have had Mathis on the field taking that 17 yard free kick in added time rather than Magee taking his first free kick of the year.

If you want to blame anybody blame Bradley for gambling and failing with the Moreno/Jusko combo.

Another wasted max salary for the Metro and a not exactly sinctillating offense which sure could have used it.

10. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

This is funny.

The entire Metro offense generates one good chance which Jusko boots into outer space and it's all Mathis's fault.

I don't know about anyone else around here but I sure would rather have had Mathis on the field taking that 17 yard free kick in added time rather than Magee.

If you want to blame anybody blame Bradley for gambling and failing with the Moreno/Jusko combo.

Another year, another wasted max salary for the Metro and a not exactly sinctillating offense which sure could have used a max salary caliber player on top with Mathis.

In MLS, where you've got to make every salary count, that kind of thing will kill you.

11. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    clint gave up 2nite...which is just messed up.
    but Magee and Woly didnt really add anything when they came in.
    Richie Williams needs to #### off, there was a HUGE difference once Lisi came on. Everybody hates Williams and hes still overrated.
    Clint really pissed me off, but Richie REALLY NEEDS TO GO.

12. That's exactly how I felt.

But Bradley pulled his "go to guy" early. Why? I have to believe he had a reason and it may have something to do with Clint being useless in the second half, or maybe something with his attitude that was easier to see from field level than from up in Sec, 101. I thought he played well in the first half.

No argument from me on Mr. Juststandandwait. Bob Bradley hit the jackpot in Chicago with his Eastern Euro signings but he hasn't covered himself in glory with this one.

13. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    There was one play not too long before Clint was pulled where he made a long run up a sideline to the Fire endline. We lost it, ball got played back to our 1/3. He walked all the way back up the sideline. Probably took him about a minute to get back to the halfline, offsides the whole time if Metro got the ball back. It was ridiculous. He got yanked, as I said, shortly thereafter.

14. staab

staab New Member

Nov 22, 2001
    Bethpage, NY
    i dragged my friend who has never been to a soccer match to this match tonight and this is what he had to say about Clint, "He played like a kid who didnt want to be in gym class but had to play or else he get a failing grade." awful, abysmal, go back to georgia is right. how much is this guy making a year?

15. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ
    Not all his fault, but he's far from the player he once was (shockingly at the age of 27, supposedly the peak time of a player's career). He lost his shooting touch for a while and often passed up a chance to shoot. The last few games, it's clear he lost his passing touch as well.

After Ralph's goal, Metros had been pushing for the equalizer, and he made several terrible passes that started Fire's counterattack. Worst of all, those were NOT even forward passes. On top of that, he still did a lot of standing around and whining. The bottom line is in his current form he’s not helping Metros win, and there’s no light at the end of tunnel that somehow he can regain his 2000/2001 form.

16. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ghost of Bill, let's be fair here. Jusko is a makeshift addition, an attempt to patch a hole. You can't really pin his performance on Bob Bradley as a 'mistake', as if he'd been tracking him for a year and threw a whole bunch of money at him, and got it all wrong. He's not a carefully chosen addition, but a gamble. The most that this gamble may yield could be the header off the crossbar last weekend, or it could be yet to come - we just don't know yet.

17. MUNCUFAN

MUNCUFAN New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Do we have to have Juststandandwait next season?

18. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Bradley isn't above making mistakes or criticism.

See the gamble on Moreno which led to a hole in the Metro offense which led to Jusko.

19. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley pulled Clint because he lost his composure on the offside call early in the half. You recall, the one where Clint kicked the ball at goal well after the whistle was blown and was carded for dissent. From that moment on Clint lost all focus and came close on another occasion to being carded on a hard challenge. I must say that due to injuries and lack of effort Clint's game has degenerated to backtracking and short passes. While he is still a brilliant passer, particularly with short passes in traffic, he has lost a lot of skills and perhaps desire. While he did more running in this match, he never really hustled or tried to win 50/50 balls and most important, he failed to take defenders on with the dribble. His long range passes were off the mark particularly in the second half. The Clint that I loved is sadly long gone.

20. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I have to admit that Clint didn't look sharp at all. He made bad passes that were weak or just a bad touch to handle the passes he was recieving. Kept on creating many turnovers that were alarmingly horrid. Guevara looked pretty good out there. Ricardo Clark looked like a monster out there fighting for the ball.

But the one question I have is, what happened To Amado when he lost his balance and that goal was scored by Ralph, because if Amado doesn't get tripped or doesn't trip himself up then he would have marked a wide open Ralph that Whitfield found for the goal. Did he trip himself or was he interferred with by a Chicago player?

I'm as ticked off as the rest of you that they didn't win their first cup. But I'm still proud of them, because no one gave the boys a chance to do anything right. All the Soccer newspaper reporters have said that Columbus was the club to be the beast of the East and win the MLS Cup this season and the Metros dead last. Well look where the Crew are and the Metro are going to the Playoffs.

21. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From what I see, our whole team is pretty decent with short passes in traffic, at least in the midfield. And Clint is the worst passer overall, bar none.

22. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that Clint suffers from players not reading his intentions. I think if Clint had gone to Europe prior to the major knee injury reporters would rave over his vision and understanding of the game with respect to creating space. Many of Clints intercepted or "poor" passes into space have more to do with the lack of understanding of what Clint is trying to do than his abilities at passing the ball. Tonight Clint I do agree that he telegraphed his long passes.

23. Fat Mike

Fat Mike New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Broken Arrow, OK
    members of the other team didn't find it too difficult to read Mathis's passes

24. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't argue that Mike. Clint was very poor with his passing tonight.

25. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    You know what bothers me? He makes max salary as our "go to" guy and drives a porsche from bar to bar while our broke asses take Port Authority buses to shell out money to watch him play, and he's been a complete zero since the confederations cup (June), with the exception of that one c0cktease of a game against KC.

Paying to watch this team sometimes insults me. I feel stupid, sometimes, coming out to the park expecting something more than a 0-0 tie against the worst team in the league (Dallas) playing without their best player (Kries). I feel stupid for having expected that, for the first time in it's history, Metro was going to turn it around a win a cup. Instead? We get no goals and an total absence of impact from our "best" player.

I know he's had injuries, I know he wants to be a great player tearing the nets off the posts over in Europe, but we deserve better than this. I can only hope that in 8 years when we're watching a 24 year old Eddie Gaven playing for Liverpool we can look back and laugh that we once held Mathis so highly.

Seriously man, where has your game gone? Could you find it with a flashlight? Much as I want to like the guy, much as I hate to jump on him when he's down, but I never thought I would be glad to see him go. He's going to end this season outscored by a 3rd round draft pick (Damani Ralph).