October Expansion Draft

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Mattymags811, Sep 24, 2010.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how much shenanigans are involved with teams "free agents"

maybe handshake deals not to sign anywhere else so they can be resigned in December....(Barnhart, Buehler, DiMartino, Lloyd...)

I'm not concerned with losing any of our 4 exposed players so that's good...

As far as free agents....

I really hope we have a handshake deal with Lindsay...she has to come back!

Aside from Tarp I'd love to see us make a run at DiMartino, Bock and Schnur

Also, if Andy has a sense of humor he'd reach out to Hope Solo and try to sign her....and allow select Riptide members to be on the conference call...now that's funny right there!

:D

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it serves Mittsie right for leaving us to go "home"....I hope she has a good time in Buffalo!!

WNY would be crazy not to take Mittsie and her contract on....for ticket sales and media alone...

Dress warm Heather! Hope you still have my scarf!!

:D

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing many but not all players will end up back w/ their same teams but w/ re-worked contracts. Except, I'd put a little bit of money on Lloyd finding her way to ATL.

Cox is a much better left back than Schnur, imo. I'd work to re-sign her b/f trying to sign Schnur. Of course, there are other options for a left back that might appeal to Boston other than Cox but were I a Boston fan but Schnur isn't one of them.

I think leaving her unprotected is a ploy by Philly to get her contract (which has 2 yrs remaining) off their books. If I ran WNY player acquisition, I would not take Mitts. She had an injury riddled 2010 and a sub-par 2009. Father Time is making clear introductions. She's 32 and that's too old to be an outside back given that she's lost a step. Many outside backs in their 30s make some sort of move central to extend their careers but I don't know that Mitts has the tactical nuance to be really successful inside.

Also, I think she might very well be a bit, um, unhappy to not be in Philly were she picked. No new team needs that--don't get me wrong, I'm sure she'd be very professional about it and not make too much of a fuss. But she's got sponsorships in Philly & the whole "love my hometown" thing going.

4. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UnderArmour Cold Gear

5. DazzRef

DazzRef Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Buffalo NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy - didn't Boston have the rights to Jen Nobis as well? I thought they did, but I don't see her on either the FA or Protected list.

Aaron

6. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

She was released to play in Sweden after her knee rehab I think.

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    socfandan is right. From the WPS transactions page:

That doesn't mean either or both might not end up in a Breakers uniform in 2011, of course.

8. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am guessing she isn't on the FA list because she didn't play in WPS this year or she is under contract in Sweden?

9. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Her commitment to Sweden is (virtually) over and she returns to the States this week. her Swedish contract was only until October.