October 2015 National Teams TV Schedule

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Oct 2, 2015.

1. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Euro 2016 Group Stage qualifying comes to an end October 8-13 (playoff round in November). Here is the complete US TV info for the 6 days:

http://soccertvblog.com/euro2016-tv/

October 10th is the big USA v Mexico "CONCACAF Cup" match to determine who goes to the Confederations Cup in 2017. Match will be live on FoxSports-1, Univision & Univision Deportes.

South American qualifying for FIFA 2018 begins October 8th (and 2nd round October 13th). I will have a dedicated page for the US TV info. Already have beINSport-1 schedule for the 8th:

5:00pm Venezuela v Paraguay (Live)
    7:30pm Chile v Brazil (Live)
    9:30pm last 15-30 minutes of Argentina v Ecuador joined in progress
    11:00pm Colombia v Peru (Delayed)
    1:00am Argentina v Ecuador (next day/full match)
    11:00am Bolivia v Uruguay (next day/full match)

Bolivia/Uruguay (4pm) & Colombia/Peru (4:30pm) obviously clash so one will be streaming only. Wish CONMEBOL staggered these matches a bit to avoid all the overlaps in kickoff times...either way, will post link to page when its created.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, the 2nd round of matches are staggered a bit better. (Realistically there always has to be some overlap if the games are on weeknights given the only 2 hours time-difference between the west-most and east-most countries in CONMEBOL).

:confused: But wouldn't they be on BeIN espanol or is BeIN showing the same content on both TV channels all the time now?

3. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    What I was trying to say that one of those games (Bolivia/Uruguay & Colombia/Peru) will be streaming and one will be on beIN-ñ. Always hated the guessing game but based on the beIN-1 schedule (which is confirmed), I believe we will see the following on beIN-ñ (or more accurately stated, this is how I would program beIN-ñ):

4pm Bolivia v Uruguay (live)
    6pm Colombia v Peru (delayed but live on streaming service @ 4:30pm)
    8pm Argentina v Ecuador (live)
    10pm Chile v Brazil (delayed)
    12am Venezuela v Paraguay (delayed)

Creates a uninterrupted block of games with the last 2 obviously available live on beIN-1.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

HomietheClown repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Colombia vs Peru is live on BEIN ñ.

5. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Here is the page for the CONMEBOL qualifiers:

http://soccertvblog.com/conmebol-tv/

Couple of notes not on my page:
    - beINSport-1 will join-in-progress the Argentina v Ecuador match for the final 20-30 minutes at the end of the Chile v Brazil match (approx. 9:30pm ET)
    - beINSport-ñ will join-in-progress the Venezuela v Paraguay match for the final 20-30 minutes at the end of the Colombia v Peru match (approx. 6:30pm ET)
    (It won't be a good day for those trying to avoid spoilers)

I still think my schedule above would have been a better option for beIN-ñ. What we have now is the Bolivia/Uruguay match not being shown until well into the next day for both networks. If anyone at beIN is reading this, I am available for the programming position (salary negotiable). I will need a place to stay in Miami. I'm not picky. You can put me up with Kay Murray or either of the two lovely ladies on the Spanish-language network. Yeah, that would work.... ;)

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It just comes down to numbers.

There are millions of more Colombians and Peruvians in the USA when compared to Bolivians and Uruguayans.

Dish , Direct TV, Comcast would have had tons of customer service calls from angry people in New York, New Jersey, Florida, etc. And BEIN would have had a lot of complaints on social media.

Now, not so much.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Showing Colombia v Peru live is a no-brainer, but what I would question is showing filler material on BeIN 1 for an extra hour when there are live games happening. And all that just to show Venezuela - Paraguay. :unsure:

I would have gone with showing BOL x URU followed by the second-half of VEN x PAR. Get an extra hour of live programming out of that.

Showing a preview show for a tournament that has actually started is such a BeIN move.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #8 HomietheClown, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    You make a good point Boca. I thought they would go that route as well.

Only thing I can think of is the Bolivia-Uruguay match has lost its luster a bit knowing there is no Suarez and there is no Cavani. It may turn out to be the right decision ratings wise if Bolivia blows them out as they did in that extremely high altitude last cycle.

Venezuela-Paraguay could possibly be the more competitive match.

9. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    @SA you've got "Fox" listed for 3 or 4 different Euro qualifiers in blue. Can you clarify since Iceland-Latvia, for example, isn't going to air on the main Fox network. I assume these are placeholders while you waited to see if FS+ would air these games, but I could be wrong. Any word on these 3 or 4 games airing on TV (not just FoxGo)?

10. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    They're kinda placeholders but didn't expect them to show up on any channels. Just my system of inputting data and forgot to delete those entries. Appreciate the heads up. All cleaned up now.

Here is the complete US TV info for the Euro 2016 qualifiers: http://soccertvblog.com/euro2016-tv/

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

11. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    HomietheClown repped this.
  12. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    DTV on-screen guide is listing no games during the 2nd time slot for Saturday and listing Czech-Turkey on FS+. The Israel-Cyprus game is now listed on delay on FS+ (which means SD only for DTV subscribers).

I have no idea what Red Bull X Fighters is or if there is much of an audience. I can understand why bumping Israel-Cyprus isn't a major concern for Fox, but does Red Bull X Fighters need to air in that slot? Is this a live event?

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hate to spoil anything for anyone but let's just say I was right in some ways in this post but wrong in other ways. :p

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Triple-header of live matches on both channels! Nice work, BeIN (granted the nicely staggered kick-off times made it difficult not to get this right). :thumbsup: