Octavos: Chivas vs Independiente Santa Fe [R]

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by Differ, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]
    TV times:
    Wed Apr 26 07:45PM Pacific
    Wed Apr 26 08:45PM Mountain
    Wed Apr 26 09:45PM Central
    Wed Apr 26 10:45PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr 15 min LIVE
    FOX Sports en Espanol - US
    Copa Libertadores - Octavos de Final - Ida
    Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico) vs Independiente Santa Fe (Colombia)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Fe isn't the strongest team in the tournament, but we should never underestimate anyone. Chivas showed an improvement in the last game against Tecos. If Bofo comes out to play like he did Sunday, we should see a good attack, and hopefully Santana's aim is better this time around.

Araujo seemed more comfortable playing in the back line for the second half of Sunday's game, whereas Avila did well in the midfield along with Esparza down the left, much better than Vela or Barrera do when they play. We'll see what 'Chepo' decides to do, and what players Chivas will bring in to help our cause.

2. AND1SOCCER

AND1SOCCER Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Socal
    are they going to have the refuerzos by the first leg?

3. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    Chivas will probably have refuerzos...I heard Sante Fe will play with the same squad...

4. Mississippi_Chivas

Dec 9, 2005
    Choctaw, MS
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My Brother-inlaw is form Bogota and Santa fe is his Favorite team. He has been talking a lot of ish latley. Our bet is that the loser has to burn there teams jersey.

I hope Chivas doesn't let me down.

5. chivisima

chivisima BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 24, 2006
    Tarzana, Ca
    Chato Rodriguez is the first refuerzo
    el segundo es Omar Esparza. I know it sounds silly, but since he was not subscribed in the 1st round, he has to count as a refuerzo

6. Blubmer

Blubmer Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Will this game be broadcast on sopcast or pplive???

7. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    After we burns our jerseys, we burn the church.

Seems like something cats in Mississipi would do.

:D

8. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Same thing happened at Tigres; they are registering Sancho as the 3rd refuerzo, after Moreno and 'Chupa' Lopez

9. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    I guess I'm the only one watching the game. Anyways, Chivas takes the lead at 45' with a goal from Omar Esparza.

10. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    nah... u aint the only one... i've got nothing better to do... not a bad game... I guess that's the best thing i can say... America is the Concacaf champion, you know,
    anyway... back to the peanuts and Shiner Bock...

11. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    2 - 0 Borboa

12. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chivas 3 - 0 Santa Fe
    Medina.

13. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    FT Chivas 3-0 Santa Fe

14. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Final

Chivas 3 - 0 Santa Fe.

15. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The best game I've seen so far from this -6 national team players Chivas team. I guess I have to take into account that Santa Fe really didn't show anything, and it was obvious they came into Jalisco trying to get out with a tie. Chato made me eat my own words as he played rather well with his new teammates, and made the pass for the first goal.

This 3-0 lead is very comfortable, but our players must go to Bogota with an attacking mentality, and try not to give up an early goal. We got through this first game pretty easily, and if we can get through next weeks, we'll get our national team players back for the next round. Then we'll be able to play to our full potential and have the possibilty of winning this cup for the first time.

16. ChivaCongelado

ChivaCongelado El Campeonísimo

Oct 25, 2004
    Brussels, Belgium
    Feels good to wake up to a Chivas win! :D

17. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Santa Fe really played bad..I heard that they arrived in Guadalajara Tuesday at 5pm. Isnt that a little late??

18. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Octagoncito.

Considering we played terrible in the first half, ouch.

Borboa, ugh.

Calavera, you're shaky.

As all hell.

Something about J. Garcia offends me.

Parra is a midget.

Diego was alright.

Chato.

What can be said about this idiot?

He's a Clipper at heart.

I'd like to see Venado given more freedom in the middle of the pitch.

It is in my humble opinion that with the proper training and patience, Medina can be our 10.

Nationally.

Anyway...

This Santa Fe team was absolute shit all night long.

Oddly enough, they slept on all three goals.

So what does that say about El Rabano(sic) Sagrado?

Much work needed if they aim to please before four of the six nat'l. team players come back in July.

19. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    I actually thought Chato had a solid game, great pass to Esparza for the first goal, kept himself involved.

And Venado Medina just bleeds potential, he's only 22 or 23 right?

Anyway, what game will Chivas quarterfinal opponent come from? I don't see the Santa Fe I saw tonight overturning a 3-0 deficit.

20. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Santa Fe Springs.

You and the commentating crew.

Sure, he was distributing and doing something.

That's what he always does.

Unless he puts on the national strip.

But, having said that, his deadball work tonight was fucking horrendous.

I hope he never takes another freekick in his life, or as long as wears the Chivas colors.

If ever a reason to blame my return to this dumb board, it has to be Chato-to-Chivas.

Milk! is everything.

In a way, I kind of feel sad about JP's situation.

This summer during the predicted miserable WC scenario, the circle of hate will be incomplete.

Someone jipped me.

21. fandechivas

fandechivas New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    wow i'm happy that we won! sadly i didn't get to watch it, prior engagements :rolleyes: how awesome though! good job chivas **hugs**

22. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Santa Fe Springs.

Actually, I think he did an awesome job.

I can't believe you want to crucify him over one free kick that went over the post by a couple feet. In that case pretty much all the players in the world suck.
    His corner kicks were pretty good, but sometimes the Chivas players couldn't capitalize on that(D. Martinez' header in 1st half).

Also, most of the Chivas attacks began through him, including the first 2 goals.

Medina and Bofo played really good as well, they will really keep the team strong before the other players come back.

23. JoeFX

JoeFX Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Mexico's third base
    Re: Santa Fe Springs.

I'm happy they won, Independiente showed absolutely nothing and 2 of their goals came off more than one abysmal error on the same play. They seem to have picked it up at least a little.

I liked Chato's addition, I don't like Parra's participations so far this tourney.

24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I doubt Medina will reach his full potential in the MFL. He went from being the countries top rated prospect to a fringe player at Chivas. However, every now and then Medina shows a flash of brilliance.

Before his career threatening knee injury Medina was more risky with the ball. He liked to taunt the oposition, pull them in with fancy foot work and then hit the turbo and make a sprint down the wing. I rarely see him do that anymore.

I believe that in order for Medina to improve he must play abroad. He has become to comfortable, not playing to his full potential, at Chivas and the MFL. Seems like he is afraid of getting hurt again. Maybe a loan spell to some obscure bottom dweling Dutch or French club would do the trick.

25. CooperSRacer

CooperSRacer New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    TX USA
    That is a good idea, but you know Vergara won't let Medina go. So instead of growing, el Venado will rot on the Chivas' bench much in the same way Danny Osorno and Miguel Zepeda did at Atlas before finally leaving (and then returning in Osorno's case)

Anyways, good job Chivas and good luck with the second leg.