NYCFC, Wilpon and 2012 hope

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by napolisoccer, Dec 22, 2008.

1. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Thanks Christian !!!! The CEO of Napoli ( Aurelio De Laurentis ) is a great lover of the USA. If Wilpon can't give us this team, I hope that De Laurentis will do like Laporta.............

2. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Thanks Christian !!!! The CEO of Napoli ( Aurelio De Laurentis ) is a great lover of the USA. If Wilpon can't give us this team, I hope that De Laurentis will do like Laporta.............

3. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

4. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

5. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

6. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

7. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Very true - i was confused as well - maybe some legal action! Who knows! There was a lot of money lost - the Mets were probably the smallest of the losses! There were companies that lost much more!

Ive said this to a few guys and I really feel it - Wilpon is the Leagues BEST chance at NY2 and maybe their last! The league has said from Day 1 they want 2 NY teams and the fact that this rumor started over two years ago and is still going because it might be crunch time for this team! There might be many investors lined up as we learned through our various meetings with city officials etc but Wilpon has something that other investors do not! LAND and not only land privately owned land. The city is not going to give up land for a stadium unless there is a major case for a return in $$$ - So Wilpon is hte most attractive because he owns private land in the city that can be built on!

Also the city is not going to kick in a dime to build another stadium - so you need an investor with a few hundred million to build a new stadium - which we know Wilpon probably has between the Mets and his SNY revenue! The city would only kick in infrastructure costs - if that - BUT - they already agreed to kick in these infrastructure costs to the baseball stadium - so if they go with the plan that was public ally stated - that they will build on the skeleton of Shea - then any parking, subway improvements to Citi Field can benefit any Arena!

I say this - I really mean this - I could be very wrong this is the MLS best shot at a second NY team (within the city limits) and it might be their last!

Keep em crossed!

8. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry about the insane amounts of posts - hopefully the MODS cna clean up the duplicate posts - there was a problem

9. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WOW way to make a point guys! lol

10. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea sorry about that - lol - system isues last night

11. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think that it was you Nick, seems like Big Soccer had a mishap.

12. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Yes, all of us borough boys dream of living in Piscataway, NJ. You must have excitement all the time.

13. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    We know that the wilpons are still interested, as nick pointed out. But it would seem that they have taken financial hits that would make this move a bit less likely in the near term. We don't know this from any inside info, just what's been reported in the newspaper.

So I think its important that the BBs and fans who want a NYC team not put all of our eggs in the wilpon basket. To this end, we have been researching other potential sites within the 5 boroughs, and will be scouting out other potential investors. We have already had talks with offices of officials representing other parts of the city to try to put together a landowner with investors.

If the wilpons swoop in, we'll be behind it for sure. But we can't just rely on that happening.

14. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah yes, Piscataway, that town with a PROFESSIONAL SOCCER TEAM in 2009.

Something NYC doesn't have.

15. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Funny - werent you coming along with the argument that we were not supporting the current NYC team :rolleyes:

16. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea boys - Metro is right here! We will do whatever - obviously we throw our support behind Wilpon because he seems to be the "teachers pet" in MLS talks but if another stepped up (And we have reached out) we would help!

As I said - Word back from the Mets was that they are still interested in this project - we hope to learn more in 09

17. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    NYC does have a professional soccer team. And sidewalks. And other fun things to do. Piscataway has a professional soccer team, and route 18, and abandoned strip malls. And people who choose to live in Jersey... COOL!

18. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What team is that?

19. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure people from NY, LI, NJ and other places in the region will be excited in about a yr or so. I am guessing you and a few others won't be amongst them.

Best of luck to you, you'll need it. That and a map. Piscataway is home to an abomination of a college football team. Also, it is not accessible via MetroCard.

www.redbullarena.us is.

Enjoy your WIC check and food stamps, Metrogo.

20. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy does it.

21. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    The Brooklyn Knights!

22. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    MAstershake is from Piscataway. That's why I bring up that particular town. I know it pretty well because I had the misfortune of partly growing up nearby. Got out of there as soon as possible.

I suspect that the WIC check and food stamps comment comes from your own insecurity, so I'll let it go. Because I understand why you feel that way. While the ESC sits idly by doing nothing when they are so often mistreated by every ownership group of their franchise, and mistreated by the stadium management where their team plays, and even your own players make jokes about what a bunch of geeks you guys are on their Facebook pages, the Borough Boys, with no team, have had an influence on creating a pro soccer environment in just one year. It's no easy task for sure, but we've made a few things happen so far. IF we never get a team, we've already done more than the ESC passive sheep brigades have done in over a decade.

Oh wait! I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said you sit idly by... you whine on big soccer and metrofanatic while these terrible things happen to you. Sorry, I misspoke.

23. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. We actually have a very good relationship with the newest ownership group.

2. We no longer have NJSEA security in our sections at all, because of #1

3. The same player that also comes to many of our events and is friends with some members, or is it the player that gets his tats done at a ESC guys shop and has come and kicked with us a few times?

Listen man, i don't know what beef you have with the ole' ESC and those leaders but this aint your poppy's ESC and you really couldn't be much more off base here.

You're forgiven. :D

24. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Honestly onion, I wish you the best of luck. But first, metroflip was being an ass.

second,
    1. You don't have a clue what is going on with your team. That's been clear many times when you guys haven't had any idea about what was happening, or not happening with the stadium and why.

2. You've had years and years of problems with NJSEA goons. IF you are over the hump with it, great. took you years though. Again, ESC was willing to let themselves be taken advantage of.

3. That's great. I guess I only saw what Dane Richards said about you all.

25. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abomination? They just won the papajohns.com Bowl!

Um, no. Please look up the definition of "professional" and what type of league the PDL is.