NYC Tri state LFC fans......

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by JRedknapp11, Sep 3, 2002.

1. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    I'll be moving back to the NYC area and was wondering if any of you guys are in the area and would like to get together for LFC matches.....sadly I won't have my FSW or Sentiana vision anymore...all of that great football out the window.

2. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only official LFC supporters club in America is in New York somewhere. You might look on the official site to find out where. I've heard they go to matches at a pub somewhere in the city.

3. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    I remember a bar on 3rd and 84th in nyc but i forget the name.....used to be a bunch of great supporters.

4. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Here's the official site, J:

http://www.lfcny.org/

Note that they now meet at Fiddlesticks Pub in Greenwich Village. The place you're thinking of where they used to meet was the Kinsale.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know they had moved - the Village is much closer to my stomping grounds. Come to think of it, I have a friend who lives three doors down from Fiddlesticks.

6. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    Any Liverpool supporters group in Pittsburgh?

7. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Yeah they used to meet at The Kinsale, but the place before that was O'Flanagan's on 83rd and 2nd, closer to where he meant.

8. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I don't know if this has been posted before but the EPL highligh show comes on Fox Sports New York @10pm every Sunday.

Perfect since I can just switch from HBO to FSNY at the end of Sopranos.

9. mbrossetti

mbrossetti New Member

Mar 5, 2001
    NY, NY
    You can usually find a nice gathering at Nevada Smith's too. It is a Scum bar but I've found the people to be friendlier then the crew I've run into wherever the LFC supporters crew hangs out. Came off as standoffish, but that was just me.

10. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey brossetti, welcome back man. Where the heck were ya? As far as watching our beloved Reds, I'd say check out Manitoba's once this season. No supporter group has established it as a home. It's probably better that way.

11. mbrossetti

mbrossetti New Member

Mar 5, 2001
    NY, NY
    Manitoba's - right in your neck if I remember.

I've been around, just not out. No computer and got a really crappy bill paying job that sadly kept me from all Metro games save the last home game vs. DC. But for that I was off on the side with a few friends.

12. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear from ya Mbro! I'll be at Nevada's--they're showing the match live today. Maybe see you Sunday for the Chelsea match.