NY Red Bulls vs Real Salt Lake - Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 7:30pm at Giants Stadium [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Apr 13, 2009.

1. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

I'm for to give a chance to the kids, but this game will not be appropriate, we need a win like nothing else and we have to insure this win in home and now, so, we need Stammy at DCF and even with all I want to see Hall move to the front he has been playing very good at RB, and because we need to win this game he has to play RB at least this time, in Pacheco as a LW I agree I thing he will better there than Borman, Pacheco cover a lot of field and will be easy for him to come back and help Borman than Borman covering for Pacheco... We have to play Stammy is one of our best men, he in Defensive Center Field and Celades as our CAM living Angel and Kandji at front...

2. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Big Apple Soccer, four of our players are listed as questionable for Saturday's game:

So, does this mean that Boss is no longer injured and able to backup Conway? I guess that leaves Petke and Boyens as our starting Center Backs. Also, I'm sure Osorio will want to go with Oduro as Angel's partner up top. Maybe he'll go with Celades as Creative Midfielder instead of Rojas.

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/redbulls2.php?article_id=17991

3. MetroStone

MetroStone New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so, he was on the IR (or whatever MLS calls it) so he has to miss 6 games and isn't really part of the 24 man roster. He holds spot 25 and when he comes off we have to waive someone.

4. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if Cepero can't back up Conway due to concussion, then what? With Dufty likely getting waived, who's going to be the back up? Is a free roster spot needed to have one of the MLS player pool goalkeepers on the bench as back up (as happened in Seattle this past weekend)?

5. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I really don't understand the rush to waive Duffy, Boss if he return can't do it before stay for six game in disability, so why waive him now, special when Cepero is questionable to play, how about if Conway have a accident, who the hell will play down the wood....

I know that if Boss is coming back, the logic is that Duffy have to go, but why don't wait for two more games when he will be out of the disability list, why the rush....

6. RedBull Football

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    HaaaHaaaaHaaa!!

The line-up guys here remind me alot of those dudes that try to predict the made up attendance numbers each week.

7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That's true, when I made up this I say, My line up will be: I never guess Osorio, because I thing that's impossible task, he is freaking crazy....

8. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever our lineup ...

Watch Dema have the game of his life and destroy us :mad:

Probably score one, then look over at JCO and smirk.

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    He will have a hard time with Pacheco but will kill Smith, the bad thing about this game will be Pietra, he has a very dangerous man to mark and he (Pietra) will be out in the first 15 minutes of the first halve with a RED CARD...Mark my words...

10. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Dema plays for LA - I don't think that's a possibility this match :)

11. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Sorry Toad...kahlva is right Dema is back w/ Il Bruce!

12. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Recent news...

Macoumba is no longer counted as a senior international as he received asylum from the good ol' USA today. Cepero will probably not play because of the concussion. Celades did not practice today so he will most likely not start. Pacheco will hopefully get his ITA card and he will be able to play. Hall was out last game so he could take care with a personal issue. So per Ives as of today here is the line-up:

Mr. Steroid Pants (Sorry Jon!)
    HallMendesPetkePacheco
    StammyPietrabullo
    RichardsRojasOhNoKhano
    Angel

Here is what I would like to see:

Cepero/Dufty(Dufty not waived until Pacheco gets his card!)
    HallMendesPetkeBorman
    StammySassano
    MbutaPacheco
    Macouma (or Woly if Mac can't play)Angel

13. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

What; have I been doing a Rip Van Winkle here? Who traded Dema & didn't tell me?

Thanks guys :eek:

14. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Explain to me, how the waived of Duffy will give green light to Pacheco, for starter Duffy isn't a Sr. players he is a Development and don't count against the Sr. roster to say if he go will open a spot for Pacheco...

Now, about the line up, if you want to loose you put Pietra in the line up, because he will be out for a red card in the first 15 minutes of the game....

15. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict 12,072. Maybe 12,247. :D

16. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Can be 12,073 or 12,246 or have to be what you say....

I go for 16,000 this game, 3,000 new RB cuscatlecos (Salvadoreans) and 1,000 ticos (costaricans) will enjoy the regular 12,000 crow of always, so: in the 16,000.....

17. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    OK, they have the papers of Pacheco and he was inscripted with the MLS brand and all. but, who is the players that they will downgrade or kick out?....Is that Boss isn't coming back and the team only will keep two GK and use the MLS GK Pool when ever they need or what?....

18. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Brain Lewis said it here metz:

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/soccer/archives/2009/04/alfredo_pacheco_1.html#more

"After one of the most drawn-out, protracted player acquisition sagas in recent memory, Alfredo Pacheco is FINALLY about to be a full-fledged, official Red Bull. Multiple sources told the Post that the defender's ITC card is arriving tomorrow.

The club has to make a roster move to accommodate his addition, and another source confirmed that keeper Alec Dufty will be the casualty."

19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    My problem with this is the following:

We have 20 of 20 senior players with out Pacheco...

Duffy is a Development player...His spot can't be used to accommodate a senior player....

They have to convert a senior player to development to fill the shoe of Duffy, I thing they dided all ready "Luke", but no body say anything or simple maybe they will kick out Boss now that he is out of the disability list, and keep just two GKs in the roster....

20. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dufty is gone! Boss is still on IR and Some one will be demoted to Develepmental Roster.

21. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Yeah....Who?...They suppose to that before the April 15 are gone....and nothing...

22. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No thats not true April 15 was the signing deadline. We can do anything with in our orginization after that period. We have untill Pacheos first game (which should be Sat) to make a roster decsion.

23. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not worried about it because Osario won't use Pacheco anyway Saturday as he will be worried about no being in shape or some othe BS we always get.
    It will take him 2 weeks to get in game shape.

24. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    If that is the case, I must misunderstand the rules of the MLS:

(A) SENIOR ROSTER
    Other than at specified times during preseason or through injury situations (e.g., a player added as either a disabled list replacement or a season-ending injury replacement), an MLS team shall have no more than 20 Senior Roster players at any time. The Senior Roster is comprised of the following players, who all count against a team's salary budget....

And you know, we aren't in preseason any more and Pacheco no come to replace any injured player either...

Maybe because Boss need two more games they will say that Pacheco will replace Boss for this two games...But the rules are clear, they say that the replacement have to be a developer player......