[NWR] MISL KC Comets - RIP Barry Wallace

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Beech, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kansas City and Regional Soccer Fans,

Former Comets player Barry Wallace passes @ age 47 from Cancer.

http://www.legacy.com/kansascity/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=19616591

Barry Daniel Wallace
    *I don't think the Obituary writer would get too PO'd by posting the entire article on this one.

So Barry played for my beloved hometown NASL Tulsa Roughnecks, The KC Comets, coached premier teams here in the area and lived in Lenexa. I would say he was a semi significant figure to the community here and figured some of you would relate.

I remember Barry being one of my favorite players on the Tulsa Roughnecks. An Arnaud type guy with great heart and work ethic. The name brings back fond memories for me and my childhood at Skelly Stadium where the Wizards play their Tulsa games during barnstorming tours in the spring. I didn't move to KC until 95 so I never saw him play with the Comets but would've enjoyed as such. Cancer is a very tragic thing that consumes some so quickly and others over time but in the end it usually wins. RIP Barry, you made your mark in this soccer community more than most.

2. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow....that is very sad news. Boomer was one of the great midfielders back in the heyday of the Comets. He is gone way too soon....RIP.

3. BigLarr

BigLarr Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 you will be missed.