NUFC Introductions Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Toon³, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    You correct them! You correct them right now dammit!

2. dazoso

dazoso New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I'll work on it as soon as I get there this week. What's great is that they have Newcastle, Strong Bow and Courage on tap, along with a decent selection of their own brew. :)

3. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    The Ale on tap? What kind of yankee sorcery is this! Does only come in bottle form. Any other form is blasphemy.

4. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Newcastle on tap? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ::head explodes::

5. dazoso

dazoso New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I am almost cringing writing this reply. Newcastle in bottles is in my fridge and typically well stocked. At most bars in Wisconsin, they also have it in bottles but due to the lack of understanding and the fact that most ppl here drink Miller products, the bottles of Newcastle tend to sit for a long time in bright open coolers. (leads to some off tasting Ale at times) Therefore, some of the best tasting Newcastle, I have gotten here is on tap. I know that I am openning myself up to alot of criticism with this reply.

The good thing is that I have already converted four Wisconsites over to Newcastle. The fight will continue.

As for NUFC, I am elated that they beat Villa yesterday, but I am sick and tired of US television coverage. All I get here is Fox Soccer Channel, so I am some what limited in what is shown. Because of this, I missed Shearer's record setting and breaking goals, and I missed the last two wins. Blast that dang channel and their apparent love affair with Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool. (Heck they even showed Man U v. Portsmouth, not exactly what I would call match of the week).

6. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    fsc can only play so many because sky owns ALL rights correct, i mean you cant listen to it free anywhere right? (question directed to ourenglish lads actualy)

7. [ALB]

[ALB] New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    hey its not that I am a big fan, but from English teams Newcastle is my favorite
    I thought I should intruduce myself here since ill be comin around and post sometimes.
    you can call me Alb, im 26 and my favorite player from NC is Luque :rolleyes:

8. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    where r u from?:D

9. Crazy Man Michael

Mar 9, 2006
    Stroudsburg, PA
    I was home with the flu about two years ago and was flipping channels, bored to death. Came across a football match between Newcastle and Chelsea. To my surprise, I watched it. To my greater suprise, I loved it. I watched about ten matches over the next few days, a lot of late night replays because I couldn't sleep. Went back to work a few days later addicted. Told all my friends, who immediatly began mocking me for watching soccer. They got over it, and all are joining me this Sunday at our local pub to watch Newcastle demolish Man U.

Am very happy that so many Newcastle games are available in the States this year - last year was harsh!

10. adamrobertk

adamrobertk New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Newcastle fan born and bread. First shirt was the black and white greenalls replica from when i was a kid. Got a season ticket for the 93/94 season, and had it until 2002/2003, when i dropped it due to the basic fact of 500 quid for a season for a student is too much for me. I was singing down the street when Shearer signed, crying at the paper when Keegan left (if i remember rightly, my dispair turned to anger and i went on Premier Manager as Terry McDermott, lol, hoping for the best). I witnessed Kenny Daglish arriving, and then him taking us to the champions league (yes remember it was kenny who got us to the champions league first). I got turned down for wembley tickets, and then went through the motions as Kenny got the sack. Gullit came and told us in the leezes end about sexy football. I agreed with his shearer stance AT THAT TIME. The self destruction of Gullit, followed by the signing of SBR, unfortunatly, i was in benidorm at the time. Then remember the Villa game, i was sitting, my best mate behind me and the guys around us having a laugh. When we made the champions league again, ive never lost my voice so quickly.

I was a supporter of Souness, until he sold Aaron Hughes (who was my favourite player), although if we were going for disipline, why didn't we go for George Graham. Now im just a normal armchair fan. Used to be a die hard, but now im an armchair, so heres my intro.

11. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ok so I was a lurker here for all of this past season and I'll admit it the recent resurgence has made for interesting conversation So I figured I might as well dive in and say howay!

I'll also admit I actually liked Souey there for a bit.....:eek:

I'm From the East Coast originally, lived in SoCal for the past ten years (SD and the OC thankyouverymuch) and have now "retired" to "the gateway to the tundra" Minneapolis MN where I seem to be the only member of the Toon Army within a few hundred miles...

But where did my weird enamoration with a the Toon begin? I mean why annoy my wife by sitting inside on a nice Sunday afternoon wearing a home kit shirt screaming at the TV while watching a 15th place side struggle?

Subbuteo actually.

I was a soccer mad ten year old with no team to play for so I got Subbuteo for christmas in 1982. The one team was red shirted with white shorts and the other, well according to the team booklet that listed all the teams, it was either Dunfirmline Athletic (who?) or Newcastle United.

Red and White? BORING! Besides there were way too many teams for the red an white kit,...I would be Newcastle. My opponents would be whomever I disliked with extreme predudice at that particular moment (my made up Dallas Cowboys' NASL franchise, Russian Red Army team, Man united... etc) or maybe one of my neighbors who I would beat with stunning regulatity by changing the rules and awarding myself set piece free kits for the minorest things.

Anyway, lets just say that there is a deeply imprinted memory in ma heed of wor Toon acheiving the impossible on the pitch.

The imprinted memory resurfaced somewhere in the 02/03 season thanks to FSC. Been hooked ever since. Much to the chagrin of my wife; but hey she did get me a new home kit shirt this year with Shearer's name and number on it....guess the other one was really gross.

BTW I only drink the Broon. From the tap in a glass. Dont trust the bottles unless I buy them and keep them in a dark place.

cheers
    J

12. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  13. geordie jake

geordie jake New Member

May 12, 2006
    newcastle, uk
    Hello mags

came across this forum looking for pics of big als testimonial.
    I was there last night, got the scarf, sang the songs.
    been black and white all my life, it is nice to know people all over the world are the same!

14. julio1987

julio1987 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    New Jersey
    Hey guys I'm kinda of new to the Premier League; I started watching it two seasons ago. I was always impartial to all teams until i saw Newcastle F.C. (not sure if that's the full name) and Arsenal this season (the one that Newcastle won with a beauty of Solano), after that I started liking Newcatle more than any other team, since then Iwas trying to get info about them. hope you guys tell me more about them, or us perhaps I should said.

15. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Read This and visit www.nufc.com and www.true-faith.co.uk

Once you have you should know alot more about NUFC.

It's Newcastle United FC btw. :D

16. toonsa

toonsa New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    I usually check up on this place every so often, thought id actually sign up and join you lads :)

Im 20 years old from south australia and have been following the toon for 12 years now. I just liked the way they played and the black and white stripes, although when my dad noticed I was watching them it turned out hes a geordie born and bred, so maybe its in my blood ;) not much else to say about meself except i look forward to chattin to you all. also im heading over to the toon for 6 months for the first half of 2007. and if theres any other aussie toon fans reading this check out www.aussiemags.net

:cool:

17. julio1987

julio1987 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    New Jersey
  18. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome on board toonsa......we need more aussie flavor in here!

19. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been an NUFC fan since the mid 90s (I fell in love with Shearer basically), though I've not kept up with the team much in recent years due to not having TV access. For that matter, I've really not followed international soccer much aside from the World Cup and the occasional UEFA game on ESPN when I'm at work.

So needless to say I feel a little behind the eight ball. Now that I've found a way to watch games online and follow the team, I was wondering if someone could update me on which players should get my attention (aside from Owen), and any other updates I may need to know about coming into this season.

By the way, as way of introduction, I'm from Marietta, OH, follow the Columbus Crew religiously and have played soccer since I was four (I'm now 24).

20. 419 Showerman

419 Showerman New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Just found the forum today and could'nt refrain from posting my opinions.

Anyways Im from Woolwich in South London go uni in Bristol so I dont normally mingle with Toon fans. Im surrounded by Gooners and Yids. My older bro who was born in Newcastle got me hooked on them. I watch them when I can but rarely at SJP.

Ive never really been as keen on Shearer as most fans as he has stopped the teams style of play from progressing. Asprilla was the top boy.

21. blackandwhitearmy

blackandwhitearmy New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    newcastle
    hello im from newcastle. just introduce myself. its mad yous all support newcastyle being from america. have any of you ever been to a newcastle match?

22. C-Stew

C-Stew New Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Minneapolis
    I am brand new to soccer. My interest started with this years World Cup and some of my boys at work are big premier league fans (Man U and Arsenal) so I hear quite a bit about it. I decided to pick a squad after reading a Bill Simmons article on the subject. I was never a real big fan of the game but always loved the passion of the fans, now I'm coming around on the game. I did some research and the Toon Army just felt right as the squad for me. I like that it's in the north, also that it's not a perennial power house (that's too easy, I wouldn't respect myself). The fans seem insane, I like the tradition behind the #9 etc... They also seem to have some parallels with my favorite NFL team, The Minnesoota Vikings. Always competitive, great fans, legendary players but still waiting to get over the top. Anything more I should know about the Magpies? I'm psyched for the season.

23. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the forum and the 'family', as it were. Read the 'general history' thread if you haven't already, and that should answer a lot of your questions. If you have any other general questions about the club, current events, etc., Toon2 is probably best suited to answer them, being on Tyneside and all that.

24. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    We don't win...anything....ever. That just about covers it.

Oh and try to use "Toon Army" as little as possible. We are the Mags, Magpies or Toon :)

25. blackandwhitearmy

blackandwhitearmy New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    newcastle
    whats wrong with toon army we all say that more then magpies