NUFC in the news (general thread)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tigerdave, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ashley assaulted by Angry Newcastle fans
    Thick fans wanted Big Sam sacked and ran around Newcastle with Burger King hats and Keegan masks when Fat Ashely brought back the "Messiah". Now your mad cause we look worse then ever and you want to blame the owner? Look in the mirror morons.

Mike Ashley please put a suit on and begin running this club like a business.

2. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This actually isn't true - its another example of sh*t-stirring from all forms of media... like they've done with Dennis Wise and Chris Hughton's appointments - saying both were done behind KK's back. One lad went up to Ashley to deliver his thoughts (mostly about the summer) but it was perfectly reasonable and ended with a hand shake... Its insane the amount of sh*t-stirring that goes on about NUFC.

3. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that English papers tend to have very loose standards when it comes to sources. NUFC.com actually talked to some away supporters who denied this every happened only saying that somebody shouted at Ashley about spending money in the transfer market only to shake his hand later.

4. Shameus

Shameus Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Middle of a Migraine
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newcastle is being linked with Racing Santander coach Marcelino.

5. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great right in the middle of a relegation battle with two must win games coming up. Don't get me wrong I like the idea, but can we keep this business out of the papers and let the team concentrate on not getting dropped.

6. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Appointment:
    He doesn't seem to have a very impressive resume. I can't say I am overwhelmed by this... if it's true.

7. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How nice. Not only are they making shit up saying he wants to sell, somehow he had an asking price that was "knocked down."

8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thought of Ashley selling and all the muppets he hired being sacked on the first day of the new owners tenure, really warms my heart.:)

9. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How many times are they gonna say Ashley wants to sell the club? I can really understand Mort's annoyance now. Its just re-printing the same rumour over and over again... its not even a rumour with any credibility, nor does it make sense on any level, if you look at the current financial situation of the global economy... Ashley would not get back what he's invested... no investor would have the ready capital unless they had the cash up front - plus the team needs massive investment.

If Ashley sold now it would be like steadying the ship (by wiping out the clubs debts) and setting it up for future success then selling it on as a charitable investment to the next owners.

In other words - At least come up with some new lies you lazy journalists at the Sun.

10. Shameus

Shameus Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Middle of a Migraine
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems KK has been impressed with Enrique's
    progress.

11. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Tony Caig, who never got a game for us between '03 and '06, surfaced in Houston yesterday coming on to replace an injured Pat Onstad in goal. He didn't look very good, giving up all three goals in the Dynamo's 3-3 draw with Dallas.

Thx,

Jay!

12. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fraser Forster has signed a new contract with KK tipping him to earn a place in the England U21's. He's overtaken Tim Krul as the club's 3rd choice keeper this season, be interesting to see if he can challenge Shay and Steve for the squad (can't see it happening for a while). At 6'6 he's by far the tallest keeper we've got.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1284065,00.html

sure is ugly though....

13. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that because Krul hasn't impressed at Falkirk, or what? Haven't been keeping tabs on him that way. I know he didn't play at Aberdeen this weekend.

14. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I haven't really been keeping tabs on Krul but a quick glance at Falkirk's Sky Sports page shows he has an average rating of 5 - which is "below average" and the lowest mark they give is a 4.

However he has been injured with a dislocated shoulder (and is still out). Their manager seems to think he's been outstanding for them though.

Forster however has been putting in some brilliant displays for the reserves and is listed by many as the most improved player at the club.

15. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The home game against Chelsea has been switched to Monday May 5th with a K.O of 4 pm (BST). I'm guessing this is bad news for most of you.... as that would be 11 am on a Monday for those on the East coast.

16. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good thing I work the sports desk at the local rag and don't go in until 3. :)

17. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If anyone's wondering why its on a Monday - thats a Bank Holiday here. Looks like at least 3 of Newcastle's last 5 games have been picked up for Live TV here in the UK. Not bad for a small club :rolleyes:.

18. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    It's my Monday off! Mimosas & Eggs with Newcastle!

Thx,

Jay!

19. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Guardian has a nice story out on Oba. Pretty well-written and has some nice touches in it. Particularly the lede, IMO.

20. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Its a decent article on Oba.. but I know its gonna get picked up as "Oba happy 'for now', wants CL football" by others. Seems like he's happy at the club and has a genuine affection for it though.

I notice it says in that article that Arsene Wenger is a long term admirer of him... if he likes him that much why didn't he put a bid in when we bought him? :rolleyes:

Interesting that he says "its not just me there are others here who have played CL football." Never really thought about it but... the only ones that haven't are Enrique, Barton, Faye, Milner and the kids on the bench.

21. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he's also a longtime admirer of my cock, but he didn't put in a bid for that either.

WOW!! Where'd that come from? :confused:

Sorry, I didn't get much sleep at all last night.

22. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I almost wanna rep that for the sleep-deprived brilliance of it.

Other news... Owen's contract continues to dominate the headlines. Keegan wants to extend it, Owen hasn't sat down with them yet to discuss terms. This has been going round and round in the headlines.

Personally I think Owen will stay, he probably just wants to make sure he doesn't have to take a pay cut.

23. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I forgot to include a picture with my last post.

[​IMG]

24. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bramble rips Toon Army

Well, since we're weighing in with meaningless opinions...

******** you. You're the most ********ing worthless ********ing excuse for a ********ing defender I've ever seen in my ********ing life. ********ing cocksucking two-bit primadonna. I ********ing hope Wigan ********ing jettison your sorry ass and you ********ing rot in the ********ing Conference for the rest of your pathetic ********ing career. ********ing ingrate. The fans ********ing paid your ********ing inflated wages while you ********ed about like the useless tool you are. Never forget that, bitch.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel better.

25. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Again with this drivel. Were our "over-expectations" that a CB should be able to defend/stand up? It wasn't even Newcastle fans that ripped him most of the time, I think most tried to be supportive but when he dropped his 150th clanger we lost patience. Another player/manager not being able to admit he simply wasn't good enough. He was a liability and has taken that form to Wigan. Correct me if I'm wrong but he can't even get a game for them.

Christ everyone in the league thought he was a shower of sh*te... its not just us who called him Titus Shambles.

Considering one of the first things Allardyce did was release him... he seems to be defending his judgment. "I should have left earlier" Get ower yersel shiteus... you hung around hoping your contract would be extended... it wasn't even your idea you left at all!

You're right I do feel better.