NSR: What's worse?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by CCTX SoccerFreak, Jul 7, 2005.

1. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    [​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

Seriously though, why do people who get drunk obsessively look down on those who smoke out every now and then?

Is one really worse than the other? They both kill brain cells don't they?

They both are a lead into worse drugs but which one really is worse?

2. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    What's worse is when one isn't followed by the other.

3. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to comment healthwise on the two activities, but 10 times out of 10 I would rather hang out with stoners than drunks.

Some people are so obnoxious when they are drinking, people get into fights, people vandalize...not everybody mind you, but I live across the street from a (neighborhood) bar and the noise and sh!t that goes down every night is rather annoying. And since the indoor smoking ban in Minneapolis, having more drunks crowded outside to smoke has made things unbearable at times.

4. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    That sucks that they're literally right in front of your house man! :eek:

Drunks do get annoying...I'd rather have a lot of people giggling uncontrollably or looking for Doritos :D than have people throwing blows outside my place honestly.

This is just something me and my friends talk about when we're hanging out...I just trip out when people look at some people smoking out like they're trash when they're drunk off their azzez....like their situation is better you know? :confused:

Anyway, I really want to see more comments on this topic because I think we ALL have opinions on this one....[​IMG]

5. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Both are pretty nasty habits. Drinking is ok in moderation, but smoking makes your teeth all yellow and makes u smell bad.

I donno.

I dont do either. Both make u fat/ugly so im stayin away fromt hat crap.

6. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    [​IMG]

I'm not fat.... :(

7. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Both are nasty habits. Not being a drinker now and never being a smoker, my subjective arguments against smokers or smoking:

1) If you drink moderatly, you can hide the habit. If you smoke, nope. You wheeze. You burn your lungs. Cancer of the mouth and lung. And....

2) Yellow teeth....Seriously. I remember this morenita chick. Everything in the right place. Bootylicious. She asked me for a ligther for her cigarette (first no-no on my book), then she smile......whoa!....smoker's teeth! Nombre!

3) Tobacco smoke sticks to you like bad perfume.

4) Drinker's drink themselves to their habit. Smokers spread their habit. The worse thing a drunk can do is piss on your shoes. A smoker riding in your car or smoking at your home passes on the cancerous smoke to you and stinks up your place.

8. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Well i guess smoking makes u skinnier.
    Drinking makes ufat.

But it would make me a worse soccer player.
    thats another reason i dont do it.

9. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think he was talkin about the wacky tabacky and not cigarettes :eek:

10. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    ;)

11. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    I was referring to the chronic just fyi guys....

The reason why I ask is because when I was playing there was a HUGE problem with both weed and drinking. The drinking, to me was just as stupid as the weed. I couldn't understand what the point was because all I knew was it screwed up your ability to play the game IMHO.

Until I tried it....I actually scored 2 goals that game and I felt like I saw the game develop before it was happening. (I felt like that at least---which was BS... )

But seriously, I figured out what they were trying to do. Through the weed they were able to calm down and see the game. If they calmed down they made better decisions because when they would play they'd be so wrecked up because of the tension, anxiety or whatever that the weed would calm their nerves or whatever.

I think that's BS....I think maybe I was just lucky that one game. :D

I do not endorse the usage of either substance as they will both lead you into a realm of difficult life and strife personally and in your career. So, that's my disclaimer to the youngens.

My Dad did both of these and repeatedly beat my mother, myself and my siblings repeatedly when on either one of the substances sometimes both. I haven't spoken to my Dad in over 8 years. So, there.....there's your reason not to do it.

There is no magic bullet to help you calm down in front of goal and not miss 1yd from the box. So, Thiago.....I'm sorry....but even if you smoke weed you will not gain composure in front of goal and not miss 1yd in front of goal and thank you for doing that as it makes my teaching finishing to players easier when I say even professionals miss 1yd from the line.... :D

The only thing to help you with composure in front of goal...is repeated sessions on finishing with increased pressure from defenders...place yourself in front of net with defenders all around including GK (El Guzano!!!) and concentrate on composing yourself.

Okay....I'm done....

12. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm jumping in a little late but...

Smoking cigarettes is a disgusting habit. Smoking pot is right up there too. Drinking, however, is cool.

If you drink in moderation, you can go out and enjoy yourself and not make a fool of yourself.

If you smoke pot in moderation, well, you're still going to get stoned.

I've never smoked pot so I can't speak to the affects of it. I've played basketball and soccer when I've had some beers in me and I can't say those were enjoyable experiences. I remember once I was trying to watch a basketball game when I was really drunk and the ball looked so strange when a player would shoot it. It was like the game was moving at normal speed but once someone would shoot the ball, it was like in fast-forward, like the ball went ridiculously fast to the basket.

13. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX

[​IMG]

14. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Ah!

[​IMG]

Soccer and Medical Herbs!

[​IMG]

Well....it's still a nasty habit. I put both beer and ganja onthe same level. One has society's approval and the other don't. But. From a cold perspective, beer probably has more going against it health way. Still. Smoking anything will have consequences on yo' brain cells and lungs.

As far as soccer goes, from my experience, it's really alcoholism that is a major problem. I met some stoners, but usually the drinking binges that bring down the players. I have seen some alcoholics and that is pretty sad to see drinking in the morning in order to get going in the fied. :(

15. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's wrong with smoking pot!?

Signed,