NSR - Telefutura?

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Tsunami, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if Telefutura is available on either cable or satellite somewhere (i.e., a sports bar) in the San Diego area?

2. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very hard, if not impossible, to get in San Diego, tsunami.

My buddy, who lives in Encinitas, said there was a Mexican bar who got it up near where he lived, but that's the only place I've heard of it.

I think if you have DirectTv and their Spanish package you can get it.

3. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Would it be possible for you to post the name of the bar? I live only about 15 minutes from Encinitas and know several others who really want to watch the opening match of the World Cup between Norway and France.

I know several soccer fans who have DirecTV, but I don't believe any of them have the Spanish package. Does anyone know how long it would take to have the Spanish package added and if you could do it for just one month?

4. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    With Directv you can get it pretty much immediately and yes, add it for a month. A good friend of mine did that once for another package.

:)
    N~

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    But ain't you suppose to have a dish that receives multiple signals or sumpin' like that? I should ask M9fanatic :eek::eek:.

6. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Directv

Thanks so much for this information. Your post prompted me to call a Norwegian friend who has directv. It turns out that Galavision is included in the sports package and if you have the local package here in San Diego, Telefutura is also included as well. :cool:

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so have you solved your problem?

otherwise, the guy i know has THE BigSoccer moniker "encinitas" and if you do a search for him you can PM him, tell him i sent you, and i'm sure he'd be glad to send you the information.

if he doesn't get back to me, tell me, and i'll call him myself! :)

8. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Directv

Yes I'm all set for this Saturday, but thanks just the same. So how do you say "Thank God for directv!!" in Spanish?? My Norwegian friend who has the directv local package and sports package will be hosting viewing parties at her house for Norway's first round matches against France and South Korea (She provides the strong Norwegian coffee and I'll provide the bagels, cream cheese, and Norwegian salmon). A group of us will also probably go to Sports City Cafe to watch the Norway - Brazil match since it will shown on ESPN2 during a Wednesday afternoon.

If you remember Norskie who used to post here on a regular basis, he will be taping the Norwegian coverage of the Norway - France match for me which will include a one hour studio show previewing the WC from the Norwegian perspective. :cool: Norskie will be returning to San Diego a few days later so hopefully I will get that video from him when we meet at SCC to watch the Norway - Brazil match. It will be interesting seeing the Norwegian coverage of that first match after having watched Telefutura's coverage. It looks like my two years of high school Spanish will most definitely be put to the test during the next several weeks. :D