NSR/Off Topic #5

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by nsa, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm a techie (not trekkie), but there's somethings that just can't be fixed. My ps2 was dunzo. Once you hit it, it would work for another 10 minutes, then it'd go back to screwing up. I cleaned it, still no go. Went ahead and bought a new one.

2. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol :p my old computer had a broken fan so I just kicked it :p

Thank god my iMac has small fans so I don't have to hit it or else I'm going to need a new one :eek:

3. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So I think talking in this forum about hitting electronics that piss me off jynxed me.

Lately (from being dropped often for 2 years) my phone has been being a dick about turning off while I'm texting. And I text a lot, and I write a lot in my texts.. I have huge conversations there. (You're asking why not call the person.. it's in school.. I shouldn't be texting in school.. opps.)

Anyways. It does it often, it's very fragile, I can basically set it down and it'll 'reboot'. Well I was texting someone tonight, and, you guessed it, it turned off.

So I got really pissed, and smashed it against my head.
    I got 2 screens with one hit.
    I can't text anymore.. lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow! Is your head make of wood?!! - lol

At least you should get a new phone now?!!

appleCORR

5. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Haha well, I'm debating. I have enough money for a new phone, and my phone is my life ie I'm constantly texting texting texting, and I go through withdrawals if I don't.

But I'm supposed to have new every 2, which means after 2 years (or like 1 year and 9 months) you get a new phone if you renew your contract... but I think the phone I want is excluded (or still has some fees) due to pricing...

Wheeeee!:rolleyes:

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait for the iPhone I'm seriously debating if I may just pay myself as I want one bad and my phone is shite seriously....

Then again I'm crazy about making and getting everything new :eek:
    I wish I could txt but well never paid for it oh well :)

Gotta save up for RBNY season tix though I want seats in first 8 rows of Red Bull Park bad :D!!

7. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't want an iPhone.. I mean it's cool, if I had extra money I'd buy it, and my dad was threatening to switch to cingular, but I like verizon, all my friends are verizon, and I'm sure it's going to be a million dollars, which I'd rather spend on other things.

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $500 to be exact a lot of cash, and I'm not sure if I'll dish it out till my current Verizon contract runs out I just hate em they're boring with their phones...

I want those season tix bad though :p

9. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Verizon rules.. the chocolate flip phone is sweet as hell, as well as motokrzr

And I'd rather get a PS3 than an iphone.. lol

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I use the a razer for other things ;) :p

I think I'll just wait I can live till next year when my contract runs out :D

Weould be cool to post on BS while on the bus to school ect though

11. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i love verizon. when i use to live in the mtns. it was the only cell service that would work. now it doesn't work at our new place. i think it's the only place in meck. county that doesn't have coverage. murphy's law.

12. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    hah kaitsters story is similar to how I got my "new" fone, I live the same with txting all day everyday and am too cheap to ever send a short msg, so at work I type a few lines, pocket fone if colleagues etc r about and get bak to it later. Same thing was happening BAD last summer as mine was rebooting and losing txts, so I was walking round with my fone in pieces trying to fix it with the universal "take it apart and blow on it" technique. My boss saw me and was like "that fone's an embarrasement" and as she was getting her new fone the next day gave me her old handset, which is like 100x better than mine. Sure a samsung z500 ain't top of range for most peeps, but not bad when u consider I never bought a fone in my life and have just traded up hand-me-downs!

13. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My friend is going to sell me his Motorola Razr for 10 quid 'cause he got a new phone for Christmas and has no need for it.

I currently have a Sony Ericsson T610i...do you realise how old that is?!:eek:

I'm actually up for a new phone on my contract and will probably get the Samasung D900 which my sister also has, lol, which is a bit lame.

Oh and BTW, I just went to my last first day of school today...finally its the last year.
    By the time I had got home today from school I would only have just gotten up and played some football in the holidays.

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    wow i headbutted my old gameboy colour after a bad game on marion golf lol and it smashed, i wish i hadnt done it

15. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I used to headbutt my gameboy color when I'd lose a cheating pokemon battle or something... lol, it never smashed though. (thank goodness)

16. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    WOW, HOLY SH!T!

I was just watching a local SOuth African football game and suddenly the wind picked up and the sign boards suddenly got ripped up and went flying all over, in the process taking out the linesman and a few of the players on the pitch!

I'm telling you...it was crazy, it was like a scene from The Day After Tomorrow!!!

I'll put the footage on youtube 2moro because that was crazy!:eek:

17. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dang!

Were any of them seriously hurt?

18. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nope, the linesman just hurt his ankle a bit and some of the players got hit in the head and in the knee. But these signboards were the sizes of goals, and heavy. I was speechless!

Just watching it some more now and those boards went really really high and they've got metal poles sticking out of them aswell! Thank goodness no1 was really hurt.

19. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Not to sound like I'm having a go, but why headbutt anything at all? There are ways of venting your frustration that do not involve breaking things :confused:

20. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holy crap............ that is outrageous

22. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Heat of the moment, and if you get frustrated really easily, like I do, there's really nothing else to do.

23. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, I was speechless for the first time in a long time!:eek:

24. iamtomas

iamtomas Member

May 2, 2004
  25. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...Wow... :eek:

Seriously I use the razer to shave :eek:!