NSR: NHL Strike is over

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by metro fan, Jul 13, 2005.

1. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I thought they only cared about tobacco and Basketball in NC...and I guess I was right...

2. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bettman should get rid of the teams in Phoenix, both Florida teams, Atlanta and the one in North Carolina and relocated them to Winnipeg, Quebec City, Seattle, or have them fold :cool:

3. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And NASCAR! You forgot NASCAR. You are right though, as much as I love hockey since I came from the north, I just don't see how a team can survive here, much less in Nashville or Atlanta. There was one day during the playoff run where it was 80 degrees out with a Stanley Cup game that night! :rolleyes:

Orlando

4. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Thank God it is over. I miss Hockey so much.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    closest name to Stills.

6. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't know about nowadays, though. Players have a smaller pie to get a piece from, and if they need to go to Phoenix, Florida or Nashville for it as opposed to Toronto, then they'll do just that.

7. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have. I even have one of his rookie cards. Who drafted him? Is he ready for the NHL this upcoming season?

8. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There's already rumors of Glenn Murray and Eric Lindros signing for sinificantly less money just to play in Toronto. I'm not suggesting that young players will take pay cuts to play in T.O, but you will see older players do so :cool:

9. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He is eligible for this years draft which was supposed to have taken place back in June, but with no collective agreement between the two parties it was cancelled, but from what i've heard it might take place next week in a smaller scale with no fan fare :)

10. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Most definitely, he's being touted as the next Wayne Gretzky :cool:

11. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Glen Murray? Eric Lindros?

:rolleyes:

Lindros would've been sweet in a Leafs uniform - 13 years ago. He is a shell of himself. Murray runs hot and cold. If the Leafs do get them for a rock botom price, something to replace Roberts and Niewendyk, great, but the price better be damn good...

12. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If the game doesn't open up, there will never be another Gretzky...

13. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The source, Bob Mackenzie :D

14. Padroso

Padroso New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    ct
    Look like the game will open up, no more red line, (at least for 2 line passes) and pently shots after 5 min. of overtime. I just wonder how much Ticket prices drop. and for Ranger fan we should get an extra 10% for missing playoffs the last 7 yrs or is it 8 yrs?

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    how much is the cap for the NHL?

16. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They're saying 39mil (us) :cool:

17. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Peter Forsberg should've been the next Gretzky. You can thank the Devils for ruining hockey winning the Cup in 95 with the, all together now, TRAP!

I remember the good times of the sick up and down play of the Oilers. The old Bruins/Canadiens rivalry when there were five teams in the Adams Division. I remember the Whale. I remember Cam Neely roofing that butterflying frog, Roy, for the game winner. I remember when someone laid someone else out on a cheap shot, Knuckles Nilan, Jay Mohr, Lyndon Byers, et. all would take care of that problem. Hockey used to rule.

I remember Mike Ribeiro flopping like a fish and trying to bring the EuroSoccer diving aspect into hockey. Boy, the players around the ENTIRE LEAGUE had something to say about that. Should be ashamed of himself.

18. Bubs2522

Bubs2522 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Connecticut
    Lindros Sucks...hes washed up !!!! You can have him...

Sad Ranger Fan :mad:

19. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Apparently, there's going to be some sort of draft lottery involving all teams, not just the ones who missed the playoffs in 03-04.

20. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ur absolutely right, every team will get anywhere from 1 to 3 balls in a pot and they'll go from there, sort of like the Nba draft except all the teams will be involved.
    Teams such as the New York Rangers, Columbus, and a few other teams will get 3 balls, teams such as Calgary, Edmonton will get two and then Toronto, Philly, Detroit, Colorado and a few other's will only have 1 ball. From what i've heard its based on what the team has done the last 4 or 5 years ;)

21. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Kinda like the UEFA coefficient. :D

Apparently, each team starts with 3 balls. They lose 1 for each playoff appearance in the last 3 seasons, and #1 overall picks in each of the last four years. But each team has a minimum of one ball.

Check here for the breakdown:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3758906

22. Bubs2522

Bubs2522 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Connecticut
    If they are going bye the last few years the rangers should have 10 balls........
    :)

23. Padroso

Padroso New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    ct
    THE CAP AND CONTRACTS:
    Players will not have to renegotiate their contracts to get under the Cap. Their deal remains in place – unless the team chooses to buy them out.
    I think the 25% rollback is still in effect. So the 66 mil may be reduced to about 49mil based on the rollback....

24. Padroso

Padroso New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    ct
    Throw in Holik in that deal!

25. Bubs2522

Bubs2522 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Connecticut
    throw in Jagr too And bring Leetch back for his final year.......