NRC: American Outlaws: New Hampshire Chapter

Discussion in 'New England Supporters Clubs' started by ngower, Apr 27, 2009.

1. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    [​IMG]

While unrecognized officially as an American Outlaws chapter (our membership would have to be at least 25 with a set bar to view every game at), I'm pleased to announce the latest in the New England branches of AO; American Outlaws: New Hampshire.

This thread is simply a means of informing the existence of the chapter as well as garnering interest to hopefully reach the required 25 for official recognition as a chapter. In doing so, the chapter is permitted a banner, paid for by the Outlaws, which would hopefully be ready in time for the Gold Cup triple header.

T-shirts are being looked into, opting for the cheapest possible route while still maintaining quality design and fabric. $10 a shirt without losing money is the target, though it will take time to find that sort of deal.

As far as the bar goes, the Wild Rover in Manchester is the only "real" soccer pub, though I've not been able to gather any personal experiences amongst the New Hampshire crowd. If anyone is willing to try it for a US game, let me know.

The jurisdiction for the group really has no boundaries, with the southern New Hampshire and central Massachusetts crowd being the intended audience, though all are able to join.

Follow us on Twitter or e-mail us at AmericanOutlawsNH@gmail.com.

Join The American Outlaws here.

The Facebook page will be up shortly and a website sometime in the near future.

2. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    We've added a fan page and group on Facebook.

Use these in addition the the twitter and e-mail for any questions, suggestions, comments, and remember to get your AO membership paid if you haven't already. 25 paid members before the Gold Cup so we can get our banner.

4. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    iPhone users, we now have an iPhone background.

[​IMG]

A permanent host will be set up sometime soon to prevent hot-linking taking this picture down.

5. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. UR Leader Hobbes

Nov 15, 2005
    Dover, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is AO going to give up on the idea of Tyng's for the SoNH/Lowell, MA area people?

8. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I've been in contact with the Wild Rover. Perhaps Tyng's could work for the games in which U-21's wouldn't be allowed into the Wild Rover.

9. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, just checking. I'll be at Tyng's regardless, but just wanted to see what was going on.

10. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be moving to New Hampshire and will join you at AO watch parties.

11. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

The local American Outlaws Chapters (Boston, Hartford, Providence, and New Hampshire) have organized parties in two locations for everyone this Sunday.

If you live in the Greater Boston Area and are not attending the Revs-Atlas game you should head to the Phoenix Landing:

Central Square - Red Line Stop
    512 Massachusetts Ave
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    (617) 576-6260
    Map

We've arranged for deals on apps and $2 Carlsberg Drafts for all AO Viewing Parties. (You're welcome; now join today! It's only $15 you deadbeats!)

If you live anywhere else and you are going to the game then you should go to CBS Scene at Patriot Place

Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium200
    200 Patriot Place
    Foxborough, MA 02035
    info@cbsscene.com
    (508) 203-2200

We've arranged for half off on all apps and a bucket of Buds (than can range from 4-6 according to some :-D) for $10. The sound will be on. If it is nice out we can watch the game outside on the deck. Please bring banners, flags, anything that is red, white, and blue to the game. We're going to hang all sorts from the railings and rafters of CBS Scene.

If you're a member of AO please wear your AO gear.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO OUR EVENTS!

See you there and remember...

SUPPORT YOUR YANKS

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is interested in doing a road trip to Philly this weekend? Please PM me or email AO Boston...americanoutlawsboston@gmail.com

We need to get a head count.

We'd probably leave Friday night if it's a small group and crash at a friends the night before.

If it is a large group we'll do a day trip on Saturday.

13. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI: I now live in New Hampshire. I am interested in watching the US @ TT game next wednesday. I work until 6:30, so hopefully some NH folks are getting together some place.

14. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Where in NH?

One of us is in Montreal, and two members should be moving back to Central MA for school, so getting numbers could be hard. We're not that huge to begin with.

15. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Tomorrow night, I'll be at Tyng's Tavern in Tyngsboro, MA. Spreading the word to try and get more numbers, and there should already be a few people there as this is Sam's Army's viewing. It's last minute until I get something set up for the next few games.

17. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Per another thread...

18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyng's unfortunately is closed. So we're going to try the Nashua Garden in downtown Nashua instead.

Great sandwiches and great beers. Don't have to be 21.

Also Nathan, we don't have a lot of people in the Nashua area that get together for games, usually about 12-14. It's kinda pointless to try and set up a second bar just for AO viewings, but it's up to you.

19. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Well I'm looking at tapping the college market in the area. UNH Manchester, Rivier, Daniel Webster, UMass Lowell, etc are all within 20 minutes, and I've got friends at each gauging interest. My goal is to establish a home base (potentially Nashua Garden) and from there build. I want AONH to become officially recognized and while fully aware of how difficult it's going to be to get more numbers, I'm not going to stop trying.

20. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I travel with the Houston AO chapter (when they travel, which is basically all domestic games), I certainly would consider myself a part of the NH for watch party reasons.

21. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not saying to stop trying ...

I'll talk to the owner at lunch. See what he thinks. I've already brought this up with him for Revs away games, and he doesn't mind. It's basically a sports type bar, the downstairs has the food service and tables. The upstairs is the bar. With the Sox playing Baltimore tonight, it won't be a big deal, but I know I can always get a TV upstairs anyway. Plus since I work at Castro's (Eric owns the cigar place and the bar), I get a nice discount on beers. :D

22. RevsAndBlues

RevsAndBlues Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I plan on getting down for the US vs Costa Rica in DC. If you buy now, Greyhound bus tickets for a round trip are under $100. Hostels near by are decent too. Just my suggestion for any cheap college students. this is the cheapest, yet most dangerous way to get there and stay there.

23. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hostels are perfectly safe. Stay at the HI hostel in DC if you really want to have a good time and be safe. A cheap hotel near RFK shouldn't be bad either seeing as it is midweek.

24. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Ya, I was looking at taking advantage of the Jet Blue deal a few days go, but money is tighter than a tw--ok fine I won't go there!

I'll try and get something set up well in advance of future games, or perhaps spread the word about the Garden again if I can't find anything. Either way, I want to try and get one really good turnout at least before WCQ's end.

25. RevsAndBlues

RevsAndBlues Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Capitol City Hostel is 10 minutes walking from the stadium. HI Hostel is like an hour walk and Im too cheap for a cab. And if I get knifed, I'm gonna be soooo pissed. Bad idea to wear the Revs Jersey?