Nowak for USMNT job - S.Borg

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by CopaMundial, Jun 17, 2011.

1. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the June 16th Extra Time Radio podcast one of the question asked was Who should get the US National Team job after Bob Bradley.
    Here is Simon Borg's response:

It's at about 49:50.

2. cswalk08

cswalk08 Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Seeing Nowak in charge of the USMNT would be pretty cool, though we'd lose him here, and I don't want that

3. Billy Zabka

Billy Zabka Member+

May 4, 2006
    RoFo, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe this is why Hackworth is getting all the media attention lately...

:tinfoilhat:

4. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Borg talking out of his backside again.

With Nowak's recent "promotion" and expansion of responsibilities, I don't see him jumping ship anytime soon.

5. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Curious... Could Nowak be grooming Hackworth for the USMNT job? Maybe that's all the attention?

6. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    Simon Borg is an absolute idiot and should be ignored at all costs. He was incredulous that Toronto didn't pick up Curtis Ushedo during the Superdraft and was pretty much calling them a bunch of idiots. Ushedo ended up going in the third round of the Supplemental Draft and was cut by Chivas USA and hasn't been heard from since. He also was quite convinced that Victor Estupinan would light this league up, despite the fact that he was a 22 year old who had yet to do anything in Ecuador except play good in the Ecuadorian reserve leagues. The kid is now behind some other no name kid that Chivas picked up last month. So him calling for Nowak pretty much means that Nowak won't be the USMNT coach.

7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Borg's comment seems to be assuming that Bradley's coaching days with the USMNT will be over soon, pending the team's run in the Gold Cup. Nowak's "been there, done that" in the national team system with the U-23/Olympic team.

I could see Nowak eventually moving off the sideline and into a more executive position within the Union's FO, while leaving the Hack (with Vart and Guti) with all the managerial/coaching duties.

8. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Kinnear or Kreis would be my pick for the NT before Nowak.

9. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a good amount of feel good pieces about Hackworth and Nowak.... you know how those end up going...

10. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please no for Hackworth on any USMNT front. He FINALLY finally got axed after a heinous performance at the U-17 world cup. I thought he might be eventually put out to pasture after that, but no, they just removed him from his position since he was still under contract with USSF and moved him into a bullshite position until he got the job with the Union. Now a move up to a HC position here or the big leagues with the full USMNT? Good God, I'd be beyond irate, but it would make complete sense since USSF is an old boys club that never punishes poor performances and takes care of its own.

11. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seems to be a requirement for football's governing bodies everywhere. :(