Now that we have Cicinho, Cassano... WHO NEXT??

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Evra (leftback, Monaco) has apparently gotten in a row with the club, with him asking for a transfer, and the club then banning him from the selection "untill the problems are solved".

Manchester has apparently offered 6 mil for him, I don't see why Madrid couldn't offer such a reasonable price for the player, or higher. Barça is said to be in the race for him as well.

2. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    what he said.

3. SKWAGI

SKWAGI New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    The two key players i would suggest for midfield next year would be Riquelme and Gattuso. Riquleme after some initial problems at Farsa has shown he is quality and Gattuso would be the cojones we need in midfield (if Milan let him go that is)

4. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that & also think it would be a smart move.

5. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ballack
    Luque
    Cole

I'd say these will be the 3 players that we will persue in the summer. IMO we are addressing the 3 weakest parts of our teams with these signings. Cole is an excellent left back and should definitely reinforce the left back position. We have no natural width out left so I would assume we are going to sign one particuarly with Luque appearing unhappy at Newcastle. I can't see him wanting to stick it out there for more than a season. Sacchi said that Perez needs to listhen more and he should have when Sacchi asked to sign a left winger. Cole and Luque could form a really dangerous left sided partnership. It increases our methods of attack because we can't rely on Beckhams crossess and shabby play from the middle. Ballack's job is a tough one. He would have to come in and really tighten up our midfield. He is a tremendous player who can make things happen and score goals. The only problem I would him is that he is 30 but he has the work ethic of a bull even though he's getting on.

If we were to capture these players then I would have a formation like this.

----------------------------Casillas--------------------------------

Salgado-------------Woodgate-----Ramos---------------------Cole

------------------Gravesen-----------------------------------------

Beckham---------------------Ballack---------------------------Luque

----------------Ronaldo-------------------Raul------------------------

In saying this we would ahve to sell some players. Carlos, Baptista and Portillo have to be sold. Zidane will most likely retire. Diogo and Mejia could do with a loan spell.

Bench? Lopez, Cicinho, Pavon, Guti, Robinho and Cassano.

6. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Shouldn't this be in the January transfers thread?

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Riquelme and Ballack wont fit on the same sqaud it is either one or the other..

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I agree with you on about 80 percent. I only think Luque would be excess, I would rather put Cassano on that wing or Robinho (you know use our own talent) and if you are bent on getting new talent instead of Luque how about Tevez?? We saved SOOOO much money getting Cassano and Cicinho we can actually splash out you know, provided we get Ballack free in the summer and Ashley Cole with straight swap for Baptista.

just think about it by this summer we could have only spent 11 million euro and have acquired Ballack, Cassano, Cicinho and Cole... this lets us spend good money on a CB or any other options.. (the reason why i suggested Tevez over Luque)...

tell me what you think?

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Of course I can.

Actually played fairly well for us until he got hurt and missed most of the season.

You think Robben is a headcase? Compared to Cassano, Robben is the model of professionalism. Come to think of it, Robben's pretty professional anyway. He barely talks to the press.

Yes, Parker was a panic buy by Ranieri. So he wasn't good enough and we sold him. So?

10. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    parker is a extremely good playe in actualy fact.
    played superb at charlton, and has been newcastles best player. he is a brilliant CM.
    just as good and if nto better than essien to be honest. speaking of essien, how is he after he got what was coming to him last weekend? lets hope hes not out for the season ;)

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    That's insane. Parker isn't nearly that good. He runs a lot and plays hard, but he doesn't actually have all that much skill. Why do so many people fail to notice that?

If Essien deserved that, I'd tell Sisokko to watch out for falling battleships.

12. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    yer sisoko is a dirty get too. theres no place for that im the game, or there shouldnt be anyway.
    well what goes around comes around. essien has hoepfully got his, although just a few weeks wont do it justice. i hope he has his heart set on the african nations :D

13. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    Radio Marca
    Just reported that Madrid is very close to signing Luque

14. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    This news/rumours clearly deserve another thread.

He already was related with RM this summer.

Anyway, when and who said the news???? It is strange that if they have that exclusive, they don't write it in marca.com.

15. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    I heard it while listening to their Copa del Rey broadcast which is still going on, but I can't find info anywhere else.
    They said the only thing that remained were unas felchas

I won't believe it until it is done, I have learned my lesson being a Depor fan

16. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That would be a move that makes sense, finally someone for the left. Though I have doubts about his current form, I heard he's been injured. Has anyone been following Newcastle?

17. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    unas felchas???? maybe "unos flecos (little details)"

Yes, Lets wait. If they have really good sources, It will be Marca frontpage tomorrow knowing Marca and AS war to be the first ones to announce Real Madrid signings.

This winter Marca is winning the battle because they were the first ones to say that RM was going to sign Cassano. In the past AS was clearly the best source by a long margin.

18. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well, now that we have cassano. we have someone that CAN play on the left, even tho his natural position is as a striker...

19. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    yer he has, hes been unlucky, just like newcastle reli. eg michael owen has just broken his foot and had an op, out for 3 months too.
    back to luque, he hasnt been great, but we havnt seen much yet in england, although he missed an open goal last match - took it round keeper, and missed it on his right foot lol

20. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Agree. It can be a very good move. But he has played very few games with Newcastle. And they paid 14 millions for him this summer, it is strange that they want to sell him so early and losing money, because it is very clear that Real Madrid isn't going to pay 14 millions for Luque in the winter market.

21. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    On the other hand, now that Robinho is getting used to the left wing, I think a midfielder or an LB are more prioritary.

22. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

Agree again. Like i have said a lot of times, our first priority must be a midfielder that can move/direct the team, and then, sign a left midfielder, a leftback and a CB (if ramos plays as midfield or Woodgate injured again).

23. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need either Ballack, Gerrard, Lampard, Deco (sorry to say it), Pirlo or Riquelme who have the capability of attacking and defending with steel in the middle of the pitch. We don't need anything else. This whole time we're getting overrun in the center, and we've been buying in an unnecessary way to avoid the main problem. Our engine is old and out of order. We need a new midfield dynamo, not Thierry Henry or Ibrahimovic.

24. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I assume the leftback will come in the summer. I agree that Real needs a CB since Ramos seems to be playing in the midfield alot. Helguera and Woody aren't exactly healthy all the time either. Anything to prevent Pavon from touching the field.

I think it comes down to whether the players Real want are available. No point in just fillling a need if they are going to just buy someone better in the summer. Might as well wait for the better talent if they have some in particular in their sights.

I think there is a 50/50 chance Ballack comes in the summer. So Real better not get carried away buying players for the hell of buying.

25. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the next guy will have a name starting with C and ending with o .... :D

Joking aside, I seriously think it is going to be Ballack.