Now that we have Cicinho, Cassano... WHO NEXT??

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jan 3, 2006.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We have completed the signings of Cicinho and Cassano... who do we add next? We all know Perez is under pressure to make big signings.. any one in mind?

2. cms79

cms79 Member

Nov 25, 1998
    NYC
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I won't suggest a name, but maybe a midfielder or a defender. Definitely a team oriented player, because we all know the collection of stars that have been gathered haven't been useful.

3. SAETA 9

SAETA 9 New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    The more than likely retirement of Zizzou after the WC will put tremendous pressure on management to come up with someone BIG in the summer. Gerrard?

4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    to me we could use a good controlling CM, a LB or CB, and probably if Graveson is still out of favor a good DM...

besides Ballack, who would be a good CM we could attract?
    besides Cole and Lugano, who would be a good LB or CB? probably Lahm? (Munich)
    who at the DM?

since Beckham has so much energy and he has played DM before why not put him back there, put Robinho on the right, Cassano on the left.....

tell me your views.

5. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    once again im going to say it...ballack is a MUST.

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    You've bought a third (not even counting Ramos!) right back and a famous headcase? I think what you need now is to give every Real player a third nipple - that seems to be the standard of usefulness of these purchases.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    i agree too, but i want to hear any other thoughts about CM..

thanks for being positive! we got young talent, the future will tell if the signings are a bust...

8. AussieMadrid

AussieMadrid New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Australia
    I think we'll get Trabelsi, Cafu, Lucas Neill, Belletti, Glen Johnson, Paulo Ferreira, and Lauren. Plus Adriano, Schevchenko, Totti, Henry, Drogba, Eto'o, Vieri, Gillardino, Vagner Love, and Kuyt.

We definitely need more right-backs and strikers. I'm glad to see the board have addressed those 2 real problem areas for us.

:rolleyes: :mad:

9. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    we actually could do with an out and out striker. ronnie is getting increasingly injury prone, and we have not mch in the way of backup

10. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Agreed. Aussie, the exaghuration on the right backs was good but the strikers I disagree with. I think Robinho will settle into a midfield role and when strenght comes to stenght we may have Raul in the hole behind Cassano and Ronaldo. We have been desperatley short of goals from "support" strikers(Robinho and Baptista) and the midfield hasn't been whacking them in. Cassano was bought to score goals and I'm pleased with his arrival. I think Baptista will be passed onto Arsenal in a direct exchange for Ashley Cole.

11. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We want Mascherano. We need Mascherano.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    funny we actually got a striker to back up our prone to injury front and Aussie complains? why?

Okay I see you dont think there is a need for Cicinho, but why not? Salgado is getting old. Ramos DOES NOT PLAY RB for us, (not in real matches atleast), he plays CB and DM for us so that leaves Diogo and he IS NOT the solution.

Cicinho was a buy for the future of the RB position, so dont be suprised if Salgado is shown the door. Diogo is just a role player so there is no confusion on this... or is there? somebody explain this to me...

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    he would be a SUPER SIGNING!!!! WOW!!

also, i wish there was some way we could make Tevez stay at Corinth, till 2007 and we could pick him up, that guy is GGRRREEEAAATTT...

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Join that club. He's going to replace Makelele.

At Chelsea, that is. ;)

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No matter what your esteemed moderator says, I'm not a Real Madrid fan, so I have no particular need to stay positive. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

16. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I really hope that a midfielder with enough talent to can move/direct the team. It isn't easy to find that type of player (and cheap or not very expensive) in the winter market, but it is exacly what we need, and it must be our priority.

We also need a leftback, a left winger, and probably another CB if Ramos plays as midfielder or if Woodgate injured again.

Anyway, i will be very happy only with the midfielder. I am not very optimistic, although there are some rumour in Spain media saying that we could sign another player in the winter market. Let see what happen ....

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    yeah i know that, tell me something new... same thing with Tevez.. ppl forget that Abramovich owns Corith and Chelsea....

18. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    There hasn't been a successful Argentine in England since Osvaldo Ardiles. Hopefully Mascherano's smarter than that.

(And yes, I know Crespo's played well for Chelsea when he's actually featured in the lineup. But we both know he's not particularly happy to be there.)

19. AussieMadrid

AussieMadrid New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Australia
    Increasingly injury prone? I'm sure most Inter fans would disagree pretty heavily with that.

Anyhow, Ronaldo is a world-class out and out striker. Raul is of course a brilliant player to have up front with him. And next season we'll have Portillo back as a replacement up front.

The point is we have far more pressing concerns than buying another striker. Our resources are not infinite and we need to be addressing the real problems... something we haven't done for the past few seasons.

20. RMCF

RMCF New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    I dont think Madrid will sign Mascherano now that Ramos is doing well as DM but i'd like to have Mascherano as Ramos will have to play as CB for Woodgate is Mr.Glass Bone

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No he doesn't. Abramovich is not Kia Joorbachian.

Well, its not like there have been a lot of unsuccessful ones - they just haven't moved to England. Veron was a high profile bust, but Heinze has done very well for ManUtd and was arguably their best player last season.
    And, really, Crespo's done much better now that he's stopped whining. He was always pretty good for us - he just didn't settle too well. Today, incidentally, was Crespo's debut as a TV analyst. He covered the Arsenal - Utd. game for an Italian station.

22. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any chance of getting Zokora? Never seen him play, is he really that good?

23. skeleton

skeleton New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    you can't talk considering you support chelsea....

Veron, famous headcase = robben (worst whiner ever), Parker etc the list goes on...

24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I read long time ago Perez wanted a galactico from every major soccer country. Totti was linked to Real Madrid for years as the Italian galactico. It did not happen. He got Cassano instead. Now, Perez is likely to get Ballack who is perhaps the only German qualified to be a galactico. The next one should be an Argentinian. It should be Riquelme.

25. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    If Cicinho and Cassano are the only two players we're gonna buy for the winter transfer, then this team is still gonna be sh!t. Why the fu<k can't Perez get it through his head, we need to re-enforce our defense. Which means we will need another central defender. We will also need a creative attacking midfielder. Guti sucks and Zidane just isn't playing that well anymore.