Now, stop linking us with every CB in Europe - LFC Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Suss, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Make that 4 players who are the best in the world at their position who have committed their future to Liverpool this summer.

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sheffield United have agreed a deal with Liverpool to sign Ben Davies on loan. The 26 year old will join the Blades early next week. United wanted an option to buy included in the deal, which Liverpool rebuffed. [sky sports]

4. YNWA Rob

YNWA Rob Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2020
    Indiana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for Ben.

I presume the option to buy clause was knocked back over price. Not sure what we are expecting for a guy who never saw the field.

5. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Exactly. Davies hasn't played so his valuation will be probably lower than it should be. However , I think in regards to the loan the idea is to get Davies out there playing games , getting the exposure then hopefully sell and make a small profit.

YNWA Rob repped this.
  6. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Leighton Clarkson is set to join Blackburn Rovers on a season-long loan.

Suss repped this.
  7. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see Lallana get off to a good start for his new club.

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    we get linked with Traore constantly. he's very very hard to handle, but simply can't score ... he missed a couple of damn good chances on the weekend .....

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-10-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action
    Adama Traoré is one of the most exciting players in the Premier League and also the subject of one of the most ridiculous statistics: his total top-flight goal tally, at the age of 25, is seven. His decision-making has improved greatly in the past couple of seasons, as have his passing and crossing, his attitude is faultless and his dribbling has always been a joy. But his finishing still needs serious fine-tuning

9. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

10. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool have been linked with several midfielders in this summer transfer window and the latest name on their radar (as per reports) is Spanish starlet, Ilaix Moriba.

Liverpool will be able to fund a move for PSG star Kylian Mbappe next summer as the player looks to wind down his deal and move on a Bosman.

Liverpool signing Kylian Mbappe has been made easier by the Reds’ flurry of new contracts. This is because Michael Edwards will have to offer Mbappe a sizeable paypacket if he is to convince him to move to Anfield. If the Reds brought in the Frenchman on a massive salary before tying our key players down to long-term contracts then negotiations with the likes of Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold could have been more complicated. Furthermore, Edwards can offer Mbappe assurances that he will be playing with world class players, he would arrive knowing that Virgil van Dijk will be there for the foreseeable future.

Wolves, Crystal Palace and West Ham have all made inquiries for Divock Origi in the last several days.

While it seemed Xherdan Shaqiri hope for a move to Lyon had died, Burnley have submitted a bid of around £12 million for Lyon's winger freeing up much needed capital to bring in the Swiss star.

11. soccershaggy

soccershaggy Member+

May 18, 2003
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Not that it's going to happen, but surely if Mbappe came here next year , he'd want Klopp to extend his stay.

12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    so at this point, the consensus of the rumours is that any day now we'll be (a) signing Mbappe (b) signing Haaland, or (c) loaning out a few more peripheral players. :cautious:

13. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hearts are interested in signing Liverpool midfielder Ben Woodburn on loan. Woodburn has a number of options to consider, including clubs in Denmark and Croatia, but it is Hearts that are currently in the lead. [Neil Jones]

I would have thought that Woodburn could do better than Hearts for a loan.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    in the current market loans are gonna be more prevalent I think coz many/most clubs simply don't have the dosh to splash on a player they might like to buy.

15. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But remember it’s mostly about [guaranteed] game time.

16. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I get that , just think Woody is good enough to get playing time at a better level than Hearts.

17. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If I were in his shoes I'd be looking to make a permanent move and find some stability for the first time as a professional.

18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yep , agreed , that is the ultimate goal for a pro. He's edging towards 22yrs old now and if he's not making it with Liverpool he needs to get a career going elsewhere.

19. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    According to transfermarkt, he’s on the last year of his contract. If that is correct, I don’t know what the point of a loan is when he can leave for free next summer.

speker repped this.
  20. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The loan does nothing much for the club other than gets Ben's salary off the books . For Ben its another chance to show what he can do I guess .Next season he's a free agent so it'll be important for him to have a good year and boost his chances for a permanent deal somewhere.

21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    could be the club is helping him after lots of years with LFC - no transfer fee for clubs to balk at, plus he can get more salary when he does move on a free.

22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Or we could just allow him to leave for free now...

23. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be setting a precedent I doubt they would want.

SamScouse repped this.
  24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    that only happens when a club is really - really - pissed off at a player, and sends a message to other clubs re their attitude / behaviour.

25. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #925 Red Bird, Aug 18, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    The loan is until January. Klopp, by most accounts, still rates him but can’t guarantee him the football he needs to be playing.

Talking of 21-22 year olds and playing time, I see Martin Ødegård’s future is still to be resolved. Does anyone remember the hype when he went on a tour of almost all the major European stadia.

soccershaggy and imasyko repped this.